Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #13262
2018 chateau slide leak

When going down the road at 65 in rain the floor is wet by the slide I took it to camping world and it still leaks but not as bad is this normal?

Old 05-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #14426
Slide leaks

I have a 2019 Chateau and the slide leaks badly when closed, as in when driving. No leak when extended. I have added seals, lubricated seals, caulked, but nothing has helped. I think the water is coming at the corner of the top seal. Hard place to fix.

So no, you are not alone.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
And, no, it is not normal. Any leak is a problem. The water you see is not the problem. It’s the water you don’t see that is in the wall and floor structure that is the problem. By all means get it fixed.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #4

THOR #13262
I took it to a different camping world and they are going to do a pressure test on it hopefully they can figure it out. I really don't want this to be a permanent problem and have the RV mold and rot.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
What model Chateau? Are you familiar with the slide reset process whereby you re-sync the slide motors?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #6

THOR #14426
slide sync?

No I am not familiar with the sync process. Can you fill me in or direct me to a website? Thanks
Old 05-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #7

THOR #14426
I have a 25v with a dinette slideout.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #8

THOR #13262
2018 Chateau 24hl I did reset the controller because it was flashing a red led the slide seems to be working properly and pretty tight against the coach.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #9

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
This link explains it in summary. There are lots of videos on YouTube about this. When you extend or retract the slides, hold the button in for a few seconds after the slide has reached it's settling point. This reprograms the motors to the proper position. It could be that one of your motors are a tad out of sync and not pulling one of the ends of the slide tight enough to compress the seals.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #10

THOR #13262
Ok Thanks a million I will remember that and try it out when I get it back. Thanks again
Old 05-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #11

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
I have a 31Z Hurricane and both slides leak depending on if I have pulled into the driveway or back in. It’s crazy but true. On one slide I found the water coming in from the top of the slide and it runs down the side on to the floor. On the driver side I can’t tell where it comes in from. If they are out the water doesn’t come in. I have reset the slides and that has not helped. I live in the Houston area....we’ve had a lot of rain lately.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #12

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I have a 31Z Hurricane and both slides leak depending on if I have pulled into the driveway or back in. It’s crazy but true. On one slide I found the water coming in from the top of the slide and it runs down the side on to the floor. On the driver side I can’t tell where it comes in from. If they are out the water doesn’t come in. I have reset the slides and that has not helped. I live in the Houston area....we’ve had a lot of rain lately.

If this has been a recurring issue I’d urge you to figure it out and get it fixed. Water is a relentless enemy of RVs. It’s not so much water that you see as it is the stuff that gets into the structured sits there soggy.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #13

THOR #14120
I got the MH November 1st and never had a leak. This past week we have had so much rain but the first time the water got inside. I took pics of the weather stripping and plan on going to Lowe’s to see if they may have something better.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #14

THOR #6826
Maybe it’s an odd quirk of slope and wind but I’d sure keep an eye on it. Hope that’s all it is . Good luck.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #15

THOR #14120
Thanks Pete. For now I have the slides out until it stops raining.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #16

THOR #13262
Well got the camper back again took it to a different camping world the seal was cut and they replaced it hope that fixes it.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #17

State: Michigan
THOR #12333
We have a '19 Miramar 37.1. We too have leaks from at least one slide. Ours also leaks when closed but nothing when open. It is at the dealer for the second time to try to find it. The first time they said no leak but I must have done something wrong winterizing the unit (there is water damage on a wood panel). After winter, I was able to get a pic of the water running across the floor during a rain storm. I have zero confidence that they will figure it out.

I think it is coming in around the track area. When our slide is closed, I can see daylight around the track.

We will see.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #18

THOR #6826
If you can see daylight then for sure water (and insects) can get in! I’d figure out why I can see daylight - i.e. what is supposed to be sealing but isn’t. You should be able to figure it out with the daylight clue. It’s likely either going to take an adjustment of the slide or replacement of a damaged seal.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #19

State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
If you can see daylight then for sure water (and insects) can get in! I’d figure out why I can see daylight - i.e. what is supposed to be sealing but isn’t. You should be able to figure it out with the daylight clue. It’s likely either going to take an adjustment of the slide or replacement of a damaged seal.
That's the strange thing, slide is tight all the way around when closed and all the seals look good. I will let them try to figure it out first. I need them to try first so they will replace the damaged panel. I am pretty sure though they won't be able to fix it. I will then tackle it myself.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:44 PM   #20

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
I had the same issue with my FW 24F - floor was wet with the slide in. Here is a video of what I found. I have since sealed everything as well as shifted the bottom trim about 1/2 inch towards the main coach to create a weep drain. Tell-talel for me was the discoloration on the inside wall of the slide.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yl...btb6u_2Vf6TqZm