Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
I see one dealer is showin 2018 models 'on order' with pricing. Does anyone know when specifications and changes compared with 2017 models will be released? I have done an initial search but am not finding anything.

I expect you are more interested on coach than chassis, but will share that Ford has scheduled the last 2017 motorhome F53 for 4/28/17 and the first 2018 for 5/1/17. As always, schedules can change. It will also take time for existing inventory to work through system.

E-Series schedule still shows TBD so it will likely end up after 5/1/17.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #6713
Took a tour of the factory last week. The ranges are still a 3 burner gas range with a folding glass cover over it. No gas grills in 2018

Campinking
campinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #23
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinking View Post
Took a tour of the factory last week. The ranges are still a 3 burner gas range with a folding glass cover over it. No gas grills in 2018
Personally I am glad it is still a gas range. As far as the grille goes I originally had a 2017 on order but it is now a 2018. As part of the deal I had the dealer include a gas grille since it came with the 2017 I originally ordered.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #24

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinking View Post
Which models were they installing the gas ranges in? Thor just updated their website a few days ago and it lists the Miramars with induction stove tops and convection oven.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #25
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgator View Post
Which models were they installing the gas ranges in? Thor just updated their website a few days ago and it lists the Miramars with induction stove tops and convection oven.

Windsport has gas ranges with glass covers.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #26

THOR #6451
I just looked at the Thor website and they list the Windsport and Hurricane models with the 3 burner gas with gas oven and the Miramar and Challenger with 2 burner induction and convection microwave. I sure hope our Miramar comes with the induction stove top since the wife just bought a bunch of new pots and pans that are compatible! We ordered our Miramar 35.3 back in February so hopefully it comes in soon.

Burch
Old 05-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #27

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Quote:
I just looked at the Thor website and they list the Windsport and Hurricane models with the 3 burner gas with gas oven and the Miramar and Challenger with 2 burner induction and convection microwave. I sure hope our Miramar comes with the induction stove top since the wife just bought a bunch of new pots and pans that are compatible! We ordered our Miramar 35.3 back in February so hopefully it comes in soon.

Burch
That must be new for 2018, because my 2017 Miramar 34.4 is the 3 burner gas stove top and gas oven.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #28

THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarVA View Post
That must be new for 2018, because my 2017 Miramar 34.4 is the 3 burner gas stove top and gas oven.
Yes, the 2017 Miramars have gas. I looked at a leftover 2017 35.3 and it had gas. The 2018 change form I received when I ordered the motorhome had a bunch of changes from the 2017 models. One of them being the induction stove. Rapid camp was dropped for the multiplex system. 2018 Miramars are 2 inches taller with 2 more inches of head room inside. They are also wired for solar.

I guess I will find out once our motorhome comes in.

Burch
Old 05-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #29

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
still showing the gas grill for Hurricane models with the outside kitchen. I thought that was going away for 2018. The new website still has some kinks, crashes one of my computers so I am wary of visiting.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #30
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
still showing the gas grill for Hurricane models with the outside kitchen. I thought that was going away for 2018. The new website still has some kinks, crashes one of my computers so I am wary of visiting.
I guess we will have to wait and see. I read on one site it was discontinued because the grille manufacturer went out of business.

Kev
Old 05-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #31

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Maryland
THOR #6848
Quote:
Yes, the 2017 Miramars have gas. I looked at a leftover 2017 35.3 and it had gas. The 2018 change form I received when I ordered the motorhome had a bunch of changes from the 2017 models. One of them being the induction stove. Rapid camp was dropped for the multiplex system. 2018 Miramars are 2 inches taller with 2 more inches of head room inside. They are also wired for solar.

I guess I will find out once our motorhome comes in.

Burch
I wondered where they put that 2". Its already a pretty tall Coach with the 2017 being what..12'9"? We definitely don't need the added headroom, with my DW being just over 5', she already needs a step stool for fan and AC vent access.
stvdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #32

THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvdman View Post
I wondered where they put that 2". Its already a pretty tall Coach with the 2017 being what..12'9"? We definitely don't need the added headroom, with my DW being just over 5', she already needs a step stool for fan and AC vent access.
The height is now listed as 12'11" according to the 2018 specs on the Thor website. I am 6'4" so I don't mind the extra height although I don't remember height being an issue when we looked at the 2017.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #33

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
I was looking at Thor's website for the Vegas/Axis. On the various models only the 24.1 is listed as using the E-350, the others show the E-450. Is this a typo or is this now the standard?

Also listed the "instant tankless" water heater system.

Doc
E-350 is new standard chassis for 24.1 at least...works for me...