Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2020, 12:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #17284
2018 Palazzo 33.2 - 10g Atwood water heater element

Can anyone tell me the process to replace a Dometic/Atwood gc10a-4e water heater element and relay in a Palazzo 33.2.

Water heater has no electric operation but the propane side works fine. I'm pretty sure it's the element or relay and I have both.

I can lie on my back and shimmy underneath the motorhome by the engine where there is a metal box containing the water heater. I can see a removable plate on the back of the box held on by three screws. When the plate is removed you can get access to the back of the water heater where the element and relay are located.

BUT, between the back of the box (about 6-8 inches away) is the Freightliner chassis frame-rail leaving almost no workspace and no clear line of sight to the back of the water heater. I'm not sure if I can remove and replace the wires to the relay and element without seeing what I am doing.

To replace the element and relay do I have to pull the water heater out the front?If so, will I run into issues with the propane supply line, cold and hot water lines?

I really need guidance from someone who has done this procedure before on a Palazzo 33.2.

Thank you.
mljaco

Tags
palazzo 33.2, replace, water heater element, water heater relay