Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19968
RV Remote Control

I have a 2018 Thor Motorcoach Windsport 34J and all of a sudden the remote control for the Awning, Levelers, Generator, Awning Lights, etc... is not working. It's fully charged but it won't open or turn anything on or off. Checked all the fuses and they are all good to go. Anyone know what the issue is?

Old 08-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm8766 View Post
I have a 2018 Thor Motorcoach Windsport 34J and all of a sudden the remote control for the Awning, Levelers, Generator, Awning Lights, etc... is not working. It's fully charged but it won't open or turn anything on or off. Checked all the fuses and they are all good to go. Anyone know what the issue is?
Sounds like you have lost power to the Rapid camp module under the bed. There is a fuse in the power center than feeds this circuit board under the bed.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:46 PM   #3

State: Indiana
THOR #31041
I have no power on my controller board, you say it gets it's power from the main 12 volt fuse panel. How is it labeled? The wire leaves the board and goes out through a hole towards the outside kitchen then forward. Unable to trace any farther.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:43 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
I have no power on my controller board, you say it gets it's power from the main 12 volt fuse panel. How is it labeled? The wire leaves the board and goes out through a hole towards the outside kitchen then forward. Unable to trace any farther.
Download the diagrams for your coach from the Thor Owners Resource page
Old 10-12-2023, 07:04 PM   #5

THOR #31041
I have been there, it is not shown.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:37 AM   #6

THOR #31041
I finally got power to the Rapid Camp control panel, it is powered from the awning fuse but not labeled as such. I have three things programed now, outside light, slide, and the awning. Two things not programed, generator and the auto leveling system. I am sure Thor has a standard way to install the wiring as to which device goes to which output. Could anyone who has programed one of these remotes tell me where the generator and leveling system goes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231013_012806938.MP (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	43837
Old 10-13-2023, 12:59 PM   #7

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Unless wiring was disturbed, you shouldn't have to worry about the wiring to the controller, but there is a Lippert drawing for the Windsport that is available (at least it was for my 2015 27K model) on the owners reference web page.

All you should need to do is select the generator as #1 from the remote setup menu, and give a "yes" response to the "Leveler:" prompt. That's assuming your later model is wired like my 2015, of course.

A photo of my LCI remote setup page is attached:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rapid Camp Remote Control Configuration.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	43842