Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-16-2023, 06:10 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
State: California
Posts: 10
THOR #17726
2018 Thor Aria 3901 Leaking Slide

After some heavy rain, we had substantial leaking inside. Looks like the internal weather seal came up due to poor adhesive. Does anyone know the replacement part (or better replacement) for this seal?Click image for larger version

Name:	20230116_093659.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	40569

__________________
NDAMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
HMCSW's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
Posts: 648
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAMurphy View Post
After some heavy rain, we had substantial leaking inside. Looks like the internal weather seal came up due to poor adhesive. Does anyone know the replacement part (or better replacement) for this seal?Attachment 40569
which slide? Along the top? Need to give mine a look.
__________________
2021 Aria 3401
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - toad
2010 Porsche Boxster(trailered)
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 07:52 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
State: California
Posts: 10
THOR #17726
Yes, the slide along the top, passenger slide. Using some clear silicone sealant in the corner, and some 4 inch white flex seal as a temporary patch, but looking for the proper repairs i can do.
__________________
NDAMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:12 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 4000
State: New York
Posts: 5
THOR #28151
Outside seal is Eternabond. Inside seal is eternabond too I believe with a rubber seal.
__________________
DVisger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:58 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
State: California
Posts: 10
THOR #17726
Eternabond sealant tape looks like whats there. Anyone have something better they use?
__________________
NDAMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:45 PM   #6
LDK
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
Posts: 131
THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAMurphy View Post
Eternabond sealant tape looks like whats there. Anyone have something better they use?
Not aware of anything better. Geez that area is a pain to work in! I did clean up, cut out the pulled up areas of the tape, then applied new tape over the old. 2019 Aria 3901.
__________________
LDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:36 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
HMCSW's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
Posts: 648
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAMurphy View Post
Yes, the slide along the top, passenger slide. Using some clear silicone sealant in the corner, and some 4 inch white flex seal as a temporary patch, but looking for the proper repairs i can do.
Did you have to disconnect the topper to get access?
__________________
2021 Aria 3401
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - toad
2010 Porsche Boxster(trailered)
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:32 PM   #8
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
Posts: 48
THOR #11568
2018 Thor Aria 3901

Iíve been in a lot of heavy rain here in Phoenix and havenít seen any issues with leaks inside. Can you share some more pics of the area that you are having issues with? Thatís the full wall slide on the passenger side correct? Thanks
__________________
Tebo53AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:41 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10
THOR #20223
Inner slide seal dislodged

My 2019 Thor 3901 also is leaking. I discovered that the passenger side inner seal is dislodged. It appears to be pulled out in several places from the mounting screws. There is no sign of any adhesive. My plan is to try and repair it this spring with silicone adhesive and wedge it up until adhesive cures. Then install new screws with fender washers. This will be quite a challenge due to tight working space. If anybody has any experience with this I would like to hear from you. Another Thor quality issue!!!!!
__________________
Garyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:21 AM   #10
LDK
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
Posts: 131
THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyl View Post
My 2019 Thor 3901 also is leaking. I discovered that the passenger side inner seal is dislodged. It appears to be pulled out in several places from the mounting screws. There is no sign of any adhesive. My plan is to try and repair it this spring with silicone adhesive and wedge it up until adhesive cures. Then install new screws with fender washers. This will be quite a challenge due to tight working space. If anybody has any experience with this I would like to hear from you. Another Thor quality issue!!!!!
I also have a 2019 Aria 3901. Can you please clarify what you mean by "inner seal"? Any chance you have a picture? Thank you.
__________________
LDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:55 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10
THOR #20223
What I call the inner seal is the strip on top of the cabinets that give you a weather seal when the slide is extended. You can see it if you look on top the slide when it is retracted. Mine is tan in color. See the original post for their pics.
__________________
Garyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:06 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
NMRVer's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
Posts: 120
THOR #2538
Check seals for damage, fix if necessary. If nothing else I would Eternabond tape the entire area. Clean thoroughly with alcohol and use a roller to press it in.

Good luck.
__________________
2018 Aria 3901 towing 2022 GMC Canyon CC

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
HMCSW's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
Posts: 648
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyl View Post
What I call the inner seal is the strip on top of the cabinets that give you a weather seal when the slide is extended. You can see it if you look on top the slide when it is retracted. Mine is tan in color. See the original post for their pics.
So that pic is on the inside of your coach? Got it>>>thanks
__________________
2021 Aria 3401
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - toad
2010 Porsche Boxster(trailered)
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2