Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #19650
2018 Thor Hurricane Rapidcamp System-where is the hidden wiring panel

Newbie here-we just bought a 2018 Thor Hurricane. Previous owners obviously had some issue with the awning and had re-bolted the awning-fist time we unfurled the awning the bracket pulled loose and could not be attached again. So we had awning removed and clipped the electrical supply. Now the electric bed and the electric slide won’t work. The red light is on beside the awning fuse. I think we have isolated it to the Rapidcamp system and saw on one thread about someone removing the green/yellow wire to remove at the circuit board (I think). I crawled into the under bed storage and removed the cover behind the fuse panel but did not find the board there. Any suggestions where else I might find this board? So far I have had no luck in locating it. Any other suggestions on what may have worked for someone else’s with this problem would be very welcome.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the Forum......I see no responses to you so far and unfortunately I don;t know much about Rapid Camp since I do not have it on the old ACE. There is a new post on the Forum with some info from Beau388 that may help you out a bit.....attached link, in case you have not seen it already.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8...sue-22451.html
Old 07-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koetke View Post
Newbie here-we just bought a 2018 Thor Hurricane. Previous owners obviously had some issue with the awning and had re-bolted the awning-fist time we unfurled the awning the bracket pulled loose and could not be attached again. So we had awning removed and clipped the electrical supply. Now the electric bed and the electric slide won’t work. The red light is on beside the awning fuse. I think we have isolated it to the Rapidcamp system and saw on one thread about someone removing the green/yellow wire to remove at the circuit board (I think). I crawled into the under bed storage and removed the cover behind the fuse panel but did not find the board there. Any suggestions where else I might find this board? So far I have had no luck in locating it. Any other suggestions on what may have worked for someone else’s with this problem would be very welcome.
The picture is of the under bed electrical center. The Rapid Camp circuit board is in the upper, right corner. The second green 16 awg wire down on the right is the power wire to the control module located in the patio awning's forward roll cap. The wire is not fused and should always have power to allow the auto-retraction module to function. The wire is disconnected as I was washing the roof and awning. Please do not criticize Thor MC plant 750 or me for the wiring mess. As a retired AE, I know better but working in the 95 degree heat with the power off, some short cuts have to be taken. I will clean it up when it gets 40 degrees cooler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_0614_094503AA.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	25061  
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric slide, hurricane 29m, rapidcamp