Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2018, 11:59 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
once I get the ac done, it's off to my shop... I have a 30,000 lb four post lift, we do custom frames for show and off road trucks so I wanna have a look see at how they stretched the frame... that and I have a set of sumo's I ordered setting on the shelf...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2505.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	11520  

Old 07-17-2018, 02:30 AM   #42

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
once I get the ac done, it's off to my shop... I have a 30,000 lb four post lift, we do custom frames for show and off road trucks so I wanna have a look see at how they stretched the frame... that and I have a set of sumo's I ordered setting on the shelf...

Looks like a Winnebago Vista on your rack!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:47 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
On Axis 24.1 Thor starts with 158” wheelbase and adds 30” about where entry door is. There was a drawing of frame details posted a couple of years ago.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:38 AM   #44

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
thanks for the post;
..for me to get to 45 coming out of the vents I'd have to be somewhere where it wasn't 130 degrees out, the temp is soo hot right now in Vegas....

wow, that is crazy hot. It would be interesting to see what 130 temp outside would do for the AC output temps.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #45

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
wow, that is crazy hot. It would be interesting to see what 130 temp outside would do for the AC output temps.
98 inside before the mods, with about 74 coming out of the vents,... in the middle of the day today she was at 78 in side
Old 07-17-2018, 03:56 AM   #46

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Looks like a Winnebago Vista on your rack!
yes sir... 26 he... great coaches, wish they still made that coach...I used to put 22.5's on them with sumo's
Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #47

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
If we do not get bigger RV, I am planning on adding 2nd A/C to bedroom area of our 24.1 this winter.

At the tracks with no real shade, the existing A/C 15k has tough time. I can add 2nd unit and run off the trailer generator. Too many door openings kill inside temps during heat of day. At parks, can plug into pedestal outlet.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #48

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
yes sir... 26 he... great coaches, wish they still made that coach...I used to put 22.5's on them with sumo's

Sounds pricey. But I’ll bet it makes a nice coach. I’ve been looking for a way to improve the ride on typical bad roads. I’m pretty happy with the handling otherwise. I really like those models.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #49

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
If we do not get bigger RV, I am planning on adding 2nd A/C to bedroom area of our 24.1 this winter.

At the tracks with no real shade, the existing A/C 15k has tough time. I can add 2nd unit and run off the trailer generator. Too many door openings kill inside temps during heat of day. At parks, can plug into pedestal outlet.
i'm try'n to cool mine down, inside the class is at 135 with temp gun...last night after the sun went down, with the ac on auto it would cycle off set at 74
Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #50

THOR #12231
Thats impressive. Good job.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:16 AM   #51

THOR #12329
Quote:
Thats impressive. Good job.
thanks, today was a major disappointment...yesterday when I did my ac tests, the windshield was on the shade side,...today, hotter out and muggy...this morning before the sun came up, I turned the coach around so the windshield was in the morning sun...84 was as cool as I could get it... I pulled the prob out... it did nothing... but I did notice that it was already about 4'' up from the bottom... still don't have any idea how that would make a difference... so enlighten me
Old 07-19-2018, 02:39 AM   #52

THOR #12231
Quote:
thanks, today was a major disappointment...yesterday when I did my ac tests, the windshield was on the shade side,...today, hotter out and muggy...this morning before the sun came up, I turned the coach around so the windshield was in the morning sun...84 was as cool as I could get it... I pulled the prob out... it did nothing... but I did notice that it was already about 4'' up from the bottom... still don't have any idea how that would make a difference... so enlighten me
Have you insulated the cold air return on the roof under the plastic cover? What about putting pipe insulated on the copper pipes on the roof ( the ones that are cold to the touch and sweating after the AC been on for a hour)?

Perhaps I saw more gaines out of these mods than I thought. I assumed the probe did the majorty of my temp drop. But my probe was too low from what it sounds like so Im sure all of my mods just added up.

What is the actual air temp comming directly out of your vents?
Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #53

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Quote:
the sofa bed.....not too comfortable..but it works and gives sleeping for a couple...they put the TV in a nice spot,... but...seating needs to be better...old people like to put their feet up..I have tackled this before.. and here's what happens..if you buy from a home furniture store, by the time you put the new recliner in... it's too high because of the raised floor on the slide out....damn near have to rebuild the whole sofa..and setting on it's like a barber chair..most of the stuff from rv furniture stores is way over priced IMO.. and kinda cheezy.. But I would appreciate any input on this deal... I found a sofa that if I remove the center section,it will leave me with A 66" double recliner..that'll work... but it only comes in black.. so my next step is to put black cover over the sofa that's in there, I'm thinking it's gonna look like socks on a rooster..our coach is a 2018 with the coffee and cream look décor.. again..input on this is appreciated ..
We swapped out the couch for RecPro recliners in our Vegas 24.1. Love them! Here's a step by step pictorial of the install on the slide: RecPro Recliners Upgrade – Off Our Rocker RV

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:13 AM   #54

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Our Rocker RV View Post
We swapped out the couch for RecPro recliners in our Vegas 24.1. Love them! Here's a step by step pictorial of the install on the slide: RecPro Recliners Upgrade – Off Our Rocker RV
thanks, got mine done aready… wife want to be able to lay down on the sofa so no center drink holder.. but we now have a sofa for her to lay, and recliners,,..
Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #55

THOR #12329
Quote:
Have you insulated the cold air return on the roof under the plastic cover? What about putting pipe insulated on the copper pipes on the roof ( the ones that are cold to the touch and sweating after the AC been on for a hour)?

Perhaps I saw more gaines out of these mods than I thought. I assumed the probe did the majorty of my temp drop. But my probe was too low from what it sounds like so Im sure all of my mods just added up.

What is the actual air temp comming directly out of your vents?
thanks for all your posts on the AC deal... got her going pretty good, the roof part turned out to be pretty major.... and again thanks for the direction , I also swapped out the sofa, got a couple more little things to do, but haven't taken it out on the road yet... so we'll see... oh yeah, still have the sumo's to install,.. haven't noticed any problem with the shocks...
Old 07-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #56

Model: 24.1 Vegas
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11449
Quick question
How did you take the stripes off
Old 07-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #57

State: Oregon
THOR #9314
A newbie,
What is a 5 star tune and what kind of places can i have tis done?
Old 07-21-2018, 07:28 PM   #58

State: Oregon
THOR #9314
Sorry seems my site keeps going back to need to reply.

This 3 rd time, lets see if site will post.

I am a newbie, what is a 5 star tune and what kind of places can you request it?
Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #59
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
here's a pic of the outside closet mod,...again..just what I did to be able to hang more clothes
This is Kay...I visit more than Ron on this Forum, as most know...so, he will visit with speed/rpm etc..pulling trailer and not...
I am going to address closet space and clothing storage.

Having dealt with this situation in several motorhomes/toy hauler over the years...there never seems to be enough closet space for 'hanging' clothing. My solution, in the Axis, is...good shirts(I put 2 shirts on one hanger) on hangers go in closet. We travel with very little 'dress' clothing … one pair of dress slacks for each of us..in closet. Jackets have self containing sleeve...they go in overhead storage in bedroom along with sweat shirts. Jeans, shorts t shirts etc. go in overhead storage in bedroom. I fold everything so, wrinkles are at a miniumum (sometimes it works/sometimes not) Underwear goes in the drawers under closet. It just seems that I still bring waaaay too much clothing...I know...most of us want options on any given day..and I am very much that way.
We just finished a 3 week trip...I did laundry 3 times on the road...we had clothing to spare !

No...we don't have kids traveling with us. That makes a difference.

have fun !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #60

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
Ottoman

CW has this inexpensive, lightweight storage ottoman (lower left) suitable as a “feet” rest — cheaper than recliners. What’s another shade of tan among so many? If more reclining is needed, the bedroom is nearby, and the TV is large and close!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0697E925-D8EC-4E9C-BC0A-97B4B27DECDF.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	11634