Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3601
State: North Carolina
THOR #5972
2019 Thor Aria 3601 ? external propane connection for grill

I just traded my 2016 Thor ACE 29.3 in on a 2019 Thor Aria 3601. Does anyone know if my new unit actually has a quick connect external propane fitting for firing up the ole grill? I contacted Thor and Nate Williams sent me the complete schematics for my whole coach. He has been very helpful but I still cannot find the connection that he said is between my slides on the driver's side under one of the storage tunnels.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 AM   #2

Model: ARIA 3901
State: New Jersey
THOR #5141
Hi Carole, No it does not, I added a camco extend a stay. Now I have external output. Although I have a 3901 so maybe the 3601 has one?
Old 05-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #3

THOR #5972
Which side was it on? I appreciate your response.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #4

THOR #5141
The camco extend a stay, here is an explanation of what it is,how to install and at the bottom of the page is a video of the installation.

But basically it goes on your onboard propane tank between it and its low pressure regulator, it allows hook up of an external appliance...grill, fire pit, or whatever else you may think of. It also allows you to hook up an external propane tank for extra capacity in case you main tank runs out.

Installing a Camco 59123 4 port brass tee (Extend-A-Stay).
Old 05-29-2019, 06:45 PM   #5

THOR #5972
Thank you so much. You have been a great help. It is nice to know that there are people that want to genuinely help and offer good advice. Our motorhome is at Camping World of Colfax, NC now hopefully to take care of some minor things that should have been taken care of before it was sold to us. Does Thor have any other dealers other than Camping World to take care of their warranty work?
Old 05-29-2019, 08:51 PM   #6

THOR #5141
Generally speaking any dealer that sells Thor will do warranty work, camping world or any dealer, BUT...any dealer that you did not purchase from MAY put you way down in the pecking order as far as when they will get to it. They will service their customers (peeps who bought from them) first. That seems to be the way it works from all I've read and heard.

The best option, and may be inconvenient, is to take it to the Thor Service center in Wakarusa Indiana. From what i have read here on this forum and other forums is that they do great work and fix whatever problems you have. You do have to call to schedule an appointment but it seems like the way to go for getting your issues fixed.

If and when I have issues that is my plan.