Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2023, 07:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #29916
2019 Thor palazzo

Hello Everyone!
I have a 2019 thor palazzo 37.4 that I just bought. The dealer did a horrible job on explaining what all the buttons do and am having a hard time finding g an explanation online. Does anyone know what the different drive mode buttons do, not N, R, D, the mode button. Also, my radio fell out or back in the hole by front seats about an 2-3 hours after I left dealership when driving back to CO. It looks like the stuck a larger metal housing with a hole cut to big for the radio in and bent some of the metal hole tabs up to secure it. Does this seem correct to anyone? Thank you in advance!

Old 06-10-2023, 08:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yz42602 View Post
Hello Everyone!
I have a 2019 thor palazzo 37.4 that I just bought. The dealer did a horrible job on explaining what all the buttons do and am having a hard time finding g an explanation online. Does anyone know what the different drive mode buttons do, not N, R, D, the mode button. Also, my radio fell out or back in the hole by front seats about an 2-3 hours after I left dealership when driving back to CO. It looks like the stuck a larger metal housing with a hole cut to big for the radio in and bent some of the metal hole tabs up to secure it. Does this seem correct to anyone? Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the forum.

The Mode button switches between Econ and Performance modes which change the transmission shift patterns. My rig starts in Econ mode by default and I usually change it to use performance mode for a little more giddy up.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:58 PM   #3

THOR #29916
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Welcome to the forum.

The Mode button switches between Econ and Performance modes which change the transmission shift patterns. My rig starts in Econ mode by default and I usually change it to use performance mode for a little more giddy up.
Thank you. So mine doesn't say which is which econ or performance, just a light is on or off when pushed. Any idea which is which?
Old 06-11-2023, 12:09 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yz42602 View Post
Thank you. So mine doesn't say which is which econ or performance, just a light is on or off when pushed. Any idea which is which?
Mine says mode when the button is pushed. More than likely the startup default is Econ.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:52 AM   #5

Model: Mandalay 40E
State: Ohio
THOR #26962
When the Mode light is ON, the transmission is in “Economy Mode.” It’s much ado about nothing.

All it does is change the shift schedule at wide open throttle only so the tranny shifts sooner and at a lower RPM. That’s it. In over 100,000 miles of driving a DP, I have never bothered to use it, other than to try it a couple of times to see what it did. The difference in normal driving is negligible.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:11 PM   #6

THOR #29916
Hello,
Does anyone know what this green circular males and female connections are and should they be connected? I saw this hanging by brake and gas pedal in 2019 thor palazzo 37.4 and didn't know of they should be connected or not. Thank you for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230705_133741.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	42682   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230705_133733.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	42683  

Old 07-06-2023, 03:44 AM   #7

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Those are the diagnostic ports for your engine and transmission. They are similar to the OBD port in your car. You can purchase a code reader to plug in to them. Otherwise should be open as pictured.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:06 AM   #8

THOR #29916
Thank you for information!

Thank you! I saw them dangling and saw they fit together so wasn't sure.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:06 PM   #9

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
That transmission mode thing will drive you nuts. It was nothing but a selling feature when new. As RV Driver said...forget it. The engine and transmission will "talk together" and place it in whatever mode they feel required for what your foot, speed over ground and driving resistance is trying to do.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote