Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2020, 04:28 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: North Carolina
THOR #16745
2020 27.7 Vegas water leak

We have a leak coming from under our bed.....still waiting to hear from Thor on a date to take it in to them for several repairs. Has anyone ever experienced a leak coming out from under the platform the bed is on? Any idea where it could be coming from? We have emptied the tanks and still have water coming out. By the time they set a date for us they will have to replace the floor, some of the wall panels and who knows what else. CW, of course, didn’t even acknowledge this when we went in to submit a warranty claim.....this sucks. Our anniversary plans are shot!

Old 09-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I don’t know the layout of your coach but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out where the leak is coming from if you can see under the bed. Most likely it’s the freshwater tank but again I don’t have your model. Since you have emptied the tanks and it’s still leaking it’s probably not from anything downstream of the pump. Unless the tank itself is damaged - which is unlikely - perhaps it’s something as simple as a loose fitting on the tank drain or the pump’s pickup. If your water heater is under there you can check it’s fittings too. I certainly hope you won have to replace the floors and the walls. That’s huge! Water getting in is a common and serious issue with all RVs - whether it’s rainwater from the outside our plumbing issues. You need to be very vigilant and prompt on water issues. I learned the hard way to do a full and detailed inspection outside and in every 3 or 4 months. It is somewhat unusual for me to NOT find something that needs attention. Good luck!
Old 09-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #3

THOR #16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I don’t know the layout of your coach but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out where the leak is coming from if you can see under the bed. Most likely it’s the freshwater tank but again I don’t have your model. Since you have emptied the tanks and it’s still leaking it’s probably not from anything downstream of the pump. Unless the tank itself is damaged - which is unlikely - perhaps it’s something as simple as a loose fitting on the tank drain or the pump’s pickup. If your water heater is under there you can check it’s fittings too. I certainly hope you won have to replace the floors and the walls. That’s huge! Water getting in is a common and serious issue with all RVs - whether it’s rainwater from the outside our plumbing issues. You need to be very vigilant and prompt on water issues. I learned the hard way to do a full and detailed inspection outside and in every 3 or 4 months. It is somewhat unusual for me to NOT find something that needs attention. Good luck!
We have taken everything off from under the bed, the fresh water tank is there and we don't see any leaks, the pipes and fittings are all connected and dry. Still can't see where its coming from. We have a tankless waterheater as well. It's very frustrating
Old 09-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Stop being frustrated and call ANY handyman a neighbor recommends.
It's a 30 minute fix for someone with any idea of how pipes work.
They'll tell you if it's pipes or a weather leak.
And they'll fix it.

I don't know how this allows your plans to be ruined.
Invest $75 in yourself and your plans.

Thor won't repair walls and floors due to owner neglect.
You're showing very close to owner neglect.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
When does it leak?
  • Only after rain?
  • Only when filling the tank?
  • Only when the tank is full?
  • Only when the system is pressurized?

Some of these maybe hard to determine because the leak could be elsewhere from where you see the water and it takes time to become visible.

If you're seeing water under the slide it could be leaking from rain: Check the outside molding on the slide--especially the trim piece on the bottom of the slide; look for bad sealant or no sealant at all.

I'm thinking it may be an exterior leak as you said that its leaking from under the platform the bed is on and that is a slide on the 27.7--is it leaking under that slide or on the slide but under the bed?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:49 PM   #6

THOR #16745
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
When does it leak?
  • Only after rain?
  • Only when filling the tank?
  • Only when the tank is full?
  • Only when the system is pressurized?

Some of these maybe hard to determine because the leak could be elsewhere from where you see the water and it takes time to become visible.

If you're seeing water under the slide it could be leaking from rain: Check the outside molding on the slide--especially the trim piece on the bottom of the slide; look for bad sealant or no sealant at all.

I'm thinking it may be an exterior leak as you said that its leaking from under the platform the bed is on and that is a slide on the 27.7--is it leaking under that slide or on the slide but under the bed?
It leaks all b the time. We haven't had rain in several days but the water is still slowly leaking out. He has removed and pulled the cover off from under the bed and still no signs. Rain or not it's leaking so its not from the rain. Not the fresh water tank or the pipes that run along side of it. We were told by Thor if we take it to be worked on by the shop here and they aren't on their authorized dealer list, we would end up voiding the warranty. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
wow if it leaks all the time, even when the tank is empty I'm stumped (assuming the tank is under the bed?)

Perhaps there is a crack in the tank at the bottom.

Not too familiar with that floorplan (other than what I see on Thor's website) so I can only guess...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #8

THOR #16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
wow if it leaks all the time, even when the tank is empty I'm stumped (assuming the tank is under the bed?)

Perhaps there is a crack in the tank at the bottom.

Not too familiar with that floorplan (other than what I see on Thor's website) so I can only guess...
Yes, it is under the bed. 🤷🏽*♀️
Old 09-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’d add that fittings can leak and appetite be dry to look. Try wrapping each fitting and connector with paper towels to narrow down the possibilities. Also rainwater can still leak for a time after the rain stops but it sounds like it’s not that. So if the only thing under there with water in it is a mostly empty fresh water tank it has to be the bottom of the tank or one of the fittings below the remaining waterline. Just keep looking! Good luck.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:17 PM   #10
Bum

Model: Chateau 22B
State: Florida
THOR #14231
We have had two leaks in our 2019 Thor 22B, one in the wall behind the shower faucet due to the nuts not even being close to hand tight, sloppy workmanship. We now have a leak similar to yours but it drained the fresh water tank in the middle of a 1,000 mile trip so no water for a couple days until we got home. I opened up the wall covering the tank and low and behold the drain pipe from the tank has only a minimal amount of cement on the very end of the pipe and nothing around the pipe, I pulled it right out of the tank by hand, again sloppy workmanship. These were two bad leaks that should never have happened, I'm afraid of what is going to leak next. Anyway put water back in your tank and check all the fittings as well as the pump. Notice how they also filled in the drain pipe so no water could exit the tank or no more than a trickle. Wow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7131.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	26073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7132.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	26074  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7133.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	26075  
Old 09-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #11

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #10883
Water, water

So you drained the tanks but it still leaks. Are you connected to city water when tanks are empty and it still leaks?
Old 09-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #12

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWeems View Post
We have a leak coming from under our bed.....still waiting to hear from Thor on a date to take it in to them for several repairs. Has anyone ever experienced a leak coming out from under the platform the bed is on? Any idea where it could be coming from? We have emptied the tanks and still have water coming out. By the time they set a date for us they will have to replace the floor, some of the wall panels and who knows what else. CW, of course, didn’t even acknowledge this when we went in to submit a warranty claim.....this sucks. Our anniversary plans are shot!
I have the 27.7 2018 Model year.
Had the same leak. It is the slide leaking. You may have not had rain, but I assume you have dew each night. The run off is getting in around the slide and if I am correct it collect on top of where the fresh water tank is located and with large enough amount it can run off and on to the carpet at either side of the bed.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #19813
I have a 2020 Vegas 27.7 also. I do have a leak from the emergency window next to the foot of the bed. The water runs along the foot of the bed. It only occurs in heavy rain and I've not taken the time to track it down yet. I put tape at the seams as a temporary measure and the RV is stored in a roofed shelter.

Note that the water tank has 7 gallons or so in it AFTER draining the tank with the drain valve in the wet locker - the drain line sits a few inches above the bottom of the tank. To make sure the tank is empty when the RV is to sit for some time I will drive with the valve open and apply the brakes to get the last few gallons out. If the bottom of the tank is cracked, it could be the remaining water draining.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:36 AM   #14

State: Arkansas
THOR #16239
Water leak

I am experiencing the exact same thing in my 2015 Siesta. Water was coming out from under my corner bed and I have traced it to my water pump. Not positive that this is the problem but I see water at the pump, which is under the bed, so guessing that is my problem.