Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2020, 12:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #19041
2020 Thor ACE 30.2 Low Point Drains

Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking around for a while but never posted. I’ve been camping for a few years, but this is our first motorhome. We had two travel trailers before we bought our RV back in early June.

I feel like I have looked everywhere on the camper. Does anyone know where the low point drains are located?

On my previous travel trailers they hung below with caps on the hot and cold side. But I couldn’t finding anything like that.

I found two pipes by the water pump, but they didn’t have caps.

Also I realized my Dometic water heater had the plastic plug vs the anode rod. Are they not used in this camper?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-09-2020, 02:26 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
THOR #20774
Moving from travel trailers to the 30.2, I had to hunt as well.

They're in this compartment:

Look for the two (2) "key rings" amongst these pipes (sort of on either side of the fresh water pump) and "pull up" on the rings. These are the low point drains.

Another thing I noticed is when you drain the fresh water tank (ball valve in compartment on the opposite side of the RV), about 1-2 inches of water remain in the tank because of the placement of the drain pipe on the side of the tank. I'm thinking that during storage this may get a bit funky?
Old 12-09-2020, 02:30 AM   #3

THOR #19041
Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look there. By key ring, zooming in on your picture. Is that the metal looking ring that you can sort of see?

And I'll take a look at the fresh water drain. I would imagine that sitting in there for months on end might make it a little less fresh.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:35 AM   #4

THOR #20774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look there. By key ring, zooming in on your picture. Is that the metal looking ring that you can sort of see?
Yes .. it's the metal ring that's sort-of visible in the picture. There will be two (2) of them. Once pulled, water will drain under the RV - there's just no caps like on our 'ole travel trailers.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:38 AM   #5

THOR #19041
Well that is super helpful then. I looked through all the books and watched some videos but could never get a clear idea of where they were or how it was done.

How are you liking your ACE 30.2? What year is yours? We bought ours on May 31st, but it spent a little over 3 months in service, so we didn't get to use ours as much as we wanted.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:55 AM   #6

THOR #20774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
How are you liking your ACE 30.2? What year is yours? We bought ours on May 31st, but it spent a little over 3 months in service, so we didn't get to use ours as much as we wanted.
I have a 2019, it's my second 2019 30.2 actually (a bit of a story). I can relate to the "3 months in service" ... with my second, I've refused to let the dealer do any work on the unit & prefer to do it myself w/ the help of Thor and/or Lazy Days RV in Elkhart for parts. I'll stick to this unless something drastically major ever happens that's outside of my abilities.

The family loves the floorplan of the 30.2 & it fits us well. As for liking it, I like the "idea" of it, lol. There's always a to-do list! I had indoor warehouse storage for my RV's for years but lost it (owner sold the building) not long after I purchased my current 30.2 .. it's been sitting outside in the driveway since & I haven't been liking that so well.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:38 AM   #7

THOR #19041
Indoor storage would be nice. I've never had that with any of my campers/RV.

We bought ours from Camping World/GanderRV in Statesville, NC. It sat in my driveway for 2 days after purchasing before we loaded up for a big trip to Indiana.

About 30 minutes before we were about to leave, we walk inside to eat a quick meal before hitting the road. Come back out, and a light breeze/small rain came through. I still had the awning out blocking the hot sun. The rear bracket snapped in half and pulled the awning away from the side of the camper.

We had to call a GoodSam mobile tech to try to 'fix' it. But they ended up pulling the whole awning off (again, this is day 4 of ownership). They plugged they removed all the brackets, and filled the holes.

We left it in my driveway and ended up jumping on the road for IN at like 1130p.

After they finally got me in to look at it 2 weeks later. It took another 3 weeks of waiting for warranty approval and parts to be delivered. We were able to take it out for 4 trips with no awning.

It ended up developing a leak in the window/awning area. We also had 2 bays that leaked with heavy rains (and of course, we had all of our cast iron in one of them, so they were rusted) and a slew of other issues throughout. Most of which were minor.

But it sat in service from Sept 12th until Dec 1st. They said if we took it out after the window area leak that any damage would be on us. So we left it with them in a covered area.

.. Overall we love the floorplan. The length and amount of storage are great. It could use some handling upgrades, but it has plenty of power and room for us. It can get a little tight with the family, any friends, and 2 Danes in the living room area, haha.

Tags
ace 30.2, thor ace