Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2021, 04:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
2021 Thor ACE 33.1 - Low Point Drain Valve

Anyone have an idea on where the low point drain valve on the 2021 Thor ACE 33.1 (or any same models)? I downloaded the schematic plan for the plumbing from the THOR owner site (specific to 33.1). The diagram showed where the location of the bypass valve (behind the water heater). Though I can't see it. So where do I access that???

For the low point drain valve, it is NOT shown anywhere on the diagram (pages 19-22). I crawled underneath and look around. I did not see any blue/red/white hose that may resemble low point drain line.

Any idea?

Old 01-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
the WH bypass/winterizing valves and low point drains are maintenance items so they are not as accessible as water faucet valves.

On your model I suspect you have to remove the drawers below the TV in the bedroom or the drawers & panels below the wardrobe to access the WH valves.

I suspect your FW tank is below the wardrobe as well as the tank drain valve.

Low point drains are usually where the water pump is located, maybe in the wet bay? Look for pull-ring valves to drain the lines.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #3

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
Anyone have an idea on where the low point drain valve on the 2021 Thor ACE 33.1 (or any same models)? I downloaded the schematic plan for the plumbing from the THOR owner site (specific to 33.1). The diagram showed where the location of the bypass valve (behind the water heater). Though I can't see it. So where do I access that???

For the low point drain valve, it is NOT shown anywhere on the diagram (pages 19-22). I crawled underneath and look around. I did not see any blue/red/white hose that may resemble low point drain line.

Any idea?
You are looking for2 low-point drain valves. 1 hot and 1 cold. You are looking for 2 FW tank drains. 1 main tank drain and 1 overflow/vent line. For the bypass valve, you must remove some sort of panel behind the WH. By-pass vales will be 1, 2, or 3 valves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bypasskit2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	28245

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV WH 2 valve bypass.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	28246
Old 01-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Most likely the low point drains the will be under the sinks or near the water heater. In my coach they are under the sink in the outside kitchen which is beside the water heater.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:55 AM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #20774
>> This thread << might help you out ...
Old 02-23-2022, 04:39 PM   #6

THOR #25883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post

Any idea?
I have a 2021 ACE 33.1 and can not find the low point drains anywhere. I’ve read this thread and many others. There are lots of good ideas on where to look but none are applicable for this rv. I’ve pulled off every panel and every drawer, traced every hot/cold line. No luck. Has anyone found and used the low point drains for a 2021 ACE 33.1?

Sanitizing FW as it’s new to me.

Lol please help. And if possible a pic would make me eternally grateful.

And goodness it’s hard to believe different ACE versions could be that different. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ristowpaul@gmail.com View Post
I have a 2021 ACE 33.1 and can not find the low point drains anywhere. I’ve read this thread and many others. There are lots of good ideas on where to look but none are applicable for this rv. I’ve pulled off every panel and every drawer, traced every hot/cold line. No luck. Has anyone found and used the low point drains for a 2021 ACE 33.1?

Sanitizing FW as it’s new to me.

Lol please help. And if possible a pic would make me eternally grateful.

And goodness it’s hard to believe different ACE versions could be that different. Thanks in advance.
Look under the MH. You should see at least 3 open-ended PEX pipes: On for the FW tank drain and one for each of the hot and cold water header drains (low point drains).

Follow the pipes up and locate the valve they are connected to. For my ACE the low point drain valves are in the water bay by the water pump. The have a stainless ring attached to them: you pull the ring to open the valve and push it in to close it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:55 PM   #8

THOR #25883
Thanks for responding. I’m either blind or the 2021 33.1 is different. I’ve been all over it. Inside and under. Found the FW tank drain. But no blue/red pipes terminating under the MH. But I’m heading outside to drain the chlorinated water and look some more. So I’m still interested in hearing from people. Thanks again
Old 02-23-2022, 09:43 PM   #9

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Massachusetts
THOR #26005
Quote:
Thanks for responding. I’m either blind or the 2021 33.1 is different. I’ve been all over it. Inside and under. Found the FW tank drain. But no blue/red pipes terminating under the MH. But I’m heading outside to drain the chlorinated water and look some more. So I’m still interested in hearing from people. Thanks again
I will take a look at mine when i get home. I have the 2020 model.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:47 PM   #10

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Thor and I agreed the low point drain is the outside shower
Old 02-28-2022, 01:29 AM   #11

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
The 2021 THOR ACE 30.4, its on the LHS next to the water pump. In the compartment just aft of the Black Gray tank drain
Old 02-28-2022, 01:51 AM   #12

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
The 2021 THOR ACE 30.4, its on the LHS next to the water pump. In the compartment just aft of the Black Gray tank drain
Nothing by my water pump and the water pump is about a foot higher than the outside shower
Old 02-28-2022, 02:34 AM   #13

THOR #25883
Got this from Thor Team. So, yeah, as Bill J said: “Your coach does not have the traditional low point drain (LPD). With your coach, your outdoor shower is the LPD. “
Old 02-28-2022, 02:52 AM   #14

THOR #20274
Quote:
Got this from Thor Team. So, yeah, as Bill J said: “Your coach does not have the traditional low point drain (LPD). With your coach, your outdoor shower is the LPD. “
Thanks that is what thor and I agreed after I went through the complete motorhome
Old 03-09-2022, 08:49 PM   #15

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
ah the outside shower is the drain, not to worry, i always forget to completely shut that thing off...and it wets everything in there. I had to drill holes in the compartment bottom to drain excess water.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #16

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
ah the outside shower is the drain, not to worry, i always forget to completely shut that thing off...and it wets everything in there. I had to drill holes in the compartment bottom to drain excess water.
There is a plastic plug in the back of the compartment to drain any water out