Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni sv34
State: Minnesota
THOR #20471
Smile 2021 Thor Omni sv34 Super C

We took delivery of our Thor in late June. Ordered it in January.

We have put 4500 miles on it in 2 months.

So far only minor issues. TV sound bar didn't work. Seat cushion needed replacing. Dealer working with Thor for new TV and cushion

RV has a Ford 6.7 turbo diesel. Lots of power. We even pass cars going uphill towing our Jeep.

Roughly 10 mpg per going at 70 mph on freeways.

We really like our RV and get compliments everywhere we go.

Highly recommend it.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I bought one October of last year. I could not agree more. It is a great coach and the F-550 chassis is the real deal. The power and fuel economy are great.

I have had a few issues. Some I’ve fixed myself as well as several upgrades. I’ve also had some warranty work assessed by the dealer.

I have an appointment at the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa, IN next month. I don’t want to scare you but I started having issues with the cab-over cap flexing and moving at the seam with the main wall when leveling. Thor thinks the cab-over cap was not fastened far enough back on the main body. They are going. To need to have it for several days.

Keep an eye on yours. While it is a little disappointing, I have had a good experience with Thor Customer Service and the Thor Service Center before so I am confident they will fix it right.

Enjoy!
Old 09-10-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum!
They don't call them "Super" for nuthin'. '.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:41 AM   #4

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to our band of friends on the road. Enjoy the new ride and explore many new places.

Paul
Old 10-17-2020, 12:47 AM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #20909
Great to hear these stories. Too much negative stuff but I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Super C
Old 10-17-2020, 12:49 AM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
. Happy shopping!
Old 10-17-2020, 02:21 AM   #7

Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19481
I have the Omni XG32 and absolutely love it! Pull the trigger, you won't be sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max4Speed View Post
Great to hear these stories. Too much negative stuff but I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Super C
Old 10-17-2020, 05:01 AM   #8

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Another Omni XG32 owner, and we absolutely love it. Had a few minor issues but all was handled under warranty. This is our 3rd motor home and it is an absolute dream to drive.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #9

THOR #20909
Glad to hear!!! Looks like negative reviews might be overblown
Old 10-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
We considered the Magnitude before we purchased the Accolade. We were fortunate in our dealer having a Magnitude and Accolade that could be positioned across for each other so we could test drive and compare the two units "side by side". Although the Magnitude had some features such as the outdoor kitchen, that the DW thought were a must have, we found the Accolade to have more room (triple slide) the ability to use the bed with the slide in and overall more access within the coach with all slides in and a better warranty (2020). We have not at anytime looked back at our decision and we are extremely happy with the choice we made.

Bottom line, consider all aspects of the rig and chase the salesman out and sit in the coach for a few minutes with all slide in and make sure you can live with it if you even thin k you may overnight at Walmart or Pilot.

Also, ask yourself, do you really need the 4x4. When we thought about it the answer was no and the money for that options was better spent on other items. 4x4 on a motorhome, more time than not, is just an expensive "he-man" option that is never needed and rarely used. It can become just another money pit in the cost of maintenance.

Enjoy the journey.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #11

THOR #20909
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
We considered the Magnitude before we purchased the Accolade. We were fortunate in our dealer having a Magnitude and Accolade that could be positioned across for each other so we could test drive and compare the two units "side by side". Although the Magnitude had some features such as the outdoor kitchen, that the DW thought were a must have, we found the Accolade to have more room (triple slide) the ability to use the bed with the slide in and overall more access within the coach with all slides in and a better warranty (2020). We have not at anytime looked back at our decision and we are extremely happy with the choice we made.

Bottom line, consider all aspects of the rig and chase the salesman out and sit in the coach for a few minutes with all slide in and make sure you can live with it if you even thin k you may overnight at Walmart or Pilot.

Also, ask yourself, do you really need the 4x4. When we thought about it the answer was no and the money for that options was better spent on other items. 4x4 on a motorhome, more time than not, is just an expensive "he-man" option that is never needed and rarely used. It can become just another money pit in the cost of maintenance.

Enjoy the journey.
Much appreciate this insight. thank you sir
Old 10-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #12

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
We looked at several super C’s and really like the Ford chassis, engine and safety features. But the house floor plans and build quality seem much the same as any other coach and we generally find the over cab space to be inconvenient. For us it just wasn’t worth the price premium. The engine and chassis seemed like a “he-man” feature (as EA37TS so eloquently put it) to us. We ended up with a Newmar class A for $60,000 les than the C we liked best. Consider all your options and enjoy the shopping!
Old 10-18-2020, 06:24 PM   #13

Model: Omni RB34
State: Oregon
THOR #20891
4x4

I hear you on the "need" for 4x4. However, here in the Northwest with the Cascades and California's Sierra's, having the 4x4 to "get over the pass" during winter (or late fall & early spring) is going to be nice. One less major worry.

(We have a RB34 on order)
Old 10-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #14

Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19481
I agree, the 4x4 is not necessarily a need but being from New England I have been up in Maine in the early spring and have seen some big motor homes get stuck in the mud and sand at campgrounds. 4x4 would have been nice and if they had it they might not have got stuck to begin with. My XG32 is by no means an offroad vehicle but it does give my a piece of mind. AND I don't mind being the coolest kid at the campground with my 4X4 coach!! Haha, I don't really think that the 4x4 part will add to any maintence. We have no problem using the XG32 with the slide in everything is still accessible.

By the way Dave I also love your Accolade.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:23 AM   #15

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
The wife and myself boon dock a lot in the mountains of western Wyoming and Montana. Not that we need the 4X4 to get where we want, but it can come in handy if the ground gets slippery from rain or snow.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:46 AM   #16

State: Oregon
THOR #7183
2021 Omni XG32 upgrade

We currently have a 2017 four winds 29g and have no issues at all once I went through to make sure all pipes etc were tight and cleaned up the mess from the build line screws etc left behind. We are ready to pull the trigger on the XG 32 4x4 glad to run into these comments as I was about to back out due to many other post that were not so Desirable!
Old 05-03-2021, 12:22 AM   #17

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
When we were at the Bonneville salt flats a while back they had lots of signs saying not to drive off the road. The salt was quite soggy and marshy. Of course there were two vehicles stuck in the salt! One of them was a good size class A motorhome. Maybe 4WD would have helped them.....