Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2022, 04:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #27209
2022 ACE 30.3 flex duct in storage compartment?

Hello all,

Just took home our ACE this week and when going through it all we noticed a random flex duct type thing sticking into one of the storage compartments. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0FA0EDFF-A962-4453-98E4-A298B85B4BF3-min.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	38305  

Old 06-25-2022, 05:09 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
That is the heat duct for the storage compartment. That is how Thor heats the compartments with plumbing and the wet bay
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 01:02 PM   #3

THOR #27209
Thank you! Makes sense
Old 06-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbyboots View Post
Hello all,

Just took home our ACE this week and when going through it all we noticed a random flex duct type thing sticking into one of the storage compartments. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you
I have three heated bays in my coach, All heated bays that type of duct from the propane furnace. One is in the compartment for the 50 gallon fresh water tank. One is for the cross coach water lines and the last one is in the wet bay. We can keep water on down to about 19 F degreese. Below that the outside shower freezes. I was able to find where the outside shower lines join in the bathroom and put quarter turn shutoffs in the PEX lines. The coldest night we have experiences with water on is 9 F and nothing froze. I just wish we had double pane windows.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:49 PM   #5

THOR #27209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I have three heated bays in my coach, All heated bays that type of duct from the propane furnace. One is in the compartment for the 50 gallon fresh water tank. One is for the cross coach water lines and the last one is in the wet bay. We can keep water on down to about 19 F degreese. Below that the outside shower freezes. I was able to find where the outside shower lines join in the bathroom and put quarter turn shutoffs in the PEX lines. The coldest night we have experiences with water on is 9 F and nothing froze. I just wish we had double pane windows.
Good to know! I am with you, double pane windows would be nice for various reasons, but we do plan on doing some cold weather camping and glad to know you were able to go down pretty low in temp and still have water. Thank you for the explantion!
Old 07-21-2022, 10:00 PM   #6

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
That is a nice thing to have. I wish our 2021 ACE 33.1 have those where the water lines are placed in the basement compartment.
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:02 PM   #7

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
That is a nice thing to have. I wish our 2021 ACE 33.1 have those where the water lines are placed in the basement compartment.
Agree
Old 07-22-2022, 12:16 AM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
There's probably one there in the wet bay. Properly installed you can barely see it and have to look for it.

When I first found mine I originally thought it was just a gap in the foam gap filler.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:06 AM   #9

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
I will have to take a closer look. I looked at my RV diagram and did not see one. Maybe this is only for specific ACE models? (I really wish/hope I have one).

When we went camping in Williams, AZ this January, it was very cold. I placed my refrigerator temp sensor in the compartment and it dropped to below 20. The only thing that helped the temp go up a bit was the shop light (using incandescent bulb) I placed in the compartment, using a heavy duty extension cord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
There's probably one there in the wet bay. Properly installed you can barely see it and have to look for it.

When I first found mine I originally thought it was just a gap in the foam gap filler.
ador is offline   Reply With Quote