Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2019, 07:33 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFigs View Post
THIS inner fender well install was a very easy using self tapping screws and fender washers. Right hand fit perfectly and left hand required trimming around the shock tower. Then sprayed enter underside with #3M rubberized undercoat for sound deadening. Very happy with the results. Here a few pix form my install!
Hey MichFigs or Ducksface...could you post the link for the liners. Lord I hate ordering the WRONG parts. TIA!

Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:01 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Hey MichFigs or Ducksface...could you post the link for the liners. Lord I hate ordering the WRONG parts. TIA!

No problemo! Here are the links to the parts:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS) Make sure you remove the outside fender well moldings and watch those body panel edges as they tend to be sharp...OUCH!
Old 12-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #23

Model: Axis 25.4
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by michfigs View Post
no problemo! Here are the links to the parts: ...snip...
Ps) make sure you remove the outside fender well moldings and watch those body panel edges as they tend to be sharp...ouch!
thank you!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #24

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I really like this mod. Did it make it any queiter inside the RV (esp at interstate speeds)?

Thanks. I just put this to the top of my mod list.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #25

Model: Citation 24ST
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7565
Hi ducksface, what are the bongos???
Old 12-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #26

Model: 32N
State: North Carolina
THOR #15896
Insulated underside of doghouse with Noico SNL1KM and it reduced engine noise substantially. Reduced heat too.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:27 PM   #27

THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo666j1 View Post
Ducksface had a thread about wheel wells that i'm interested in seeing a picture of. I can't seem to find that thread. I also saw another thread where a member made them out of sheet metal. My 2017 has a flat plastic piece over the the coil spring on each wheel but it does not go all the way forward to the nose. I am trying to look at places where sound deadening will help most. the plastic piece on the passenger side looks like it had been foamed to the mirror side of the nose but the drivers side is not. What type of foam does the factory use--can we buy that ?? Can I just extend that existing wheel cover forward then seal it?? Naturally I'm going to insulate under the dash also--and maybe the bongos later.
I think I’m the one you’re talking about with regards to the sheet metal well liners.
Yes I made some prototypes out of the white corrugated plastic sheets that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc. Local sheet metal fabricator built them for me to my specs and then I had them coated with LineX. Prior to installing them I attached 3/4” Boom Mat to the entire area underneath the front cabin including underneath the dash inside the front engine compartment. I put two layers of the 3/4” Boom Mat on the underside of the doghouse cover. All Boom Mat seams were taped. Lastly, I bought some rolls of recycled denim insulation and stuffed that inside the dash area by removing the dash cover and work station. Oh and to help the Axerra radio sound I purchased a JBL amp and JBL speakers to replace the cheap ones that come with the coach. The cab noise is way better than it was. I plan to add some insulation and possibly carpeting in the front cab area in the future.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #28

State: Washington
THOR #10744
Doghouse noise

We put the biggest tires we could go on our 24.1 Vegas, premium Shocks and had it realigned, was amazed at how quiet it got, better than it was when we bought it brand new.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #29

State: Indiana
THOR #17503
installing 3/4 Boom Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
I think I’m the one you’re talking about with regards to the sheet metal well liners.
Yes I made some prototypes out of the white corrugated plastic sheets that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc. Local sheet metal fabricator built them for me to my specs and then I had them coated with LineX. Prior to installing them I attached 3/4” Boom Mat to the entire area underneath the front cabin including underneath the dash inside the front engine compartment. I put two layers of the 3/4” Boom Mat on the underside of the doghouse cover. All Boom Mat seams were taped. Lastly, I bought some rolls of recycled denim insulation and stuffed that inside the dash area by removing the dash cover and work station. Oh and to help the Axerra radio sound I purchased a JBL amp and JBL speakers to replace the cheap ones that come with the coach. The cab noise is way better than it was. I plan to add some insulation and possibly carpeting in the front cab area in the future.
how did you apply the Boom Mat -Did you glue it --staple it ???? Does it come with adhesive?? I just spent 3 days applying 1 foot square sound deadening tiles to the underside of the dash. I would like to cover them with a full pad of some kind. Don't see how to hold it securely to the under side of the dash???
Old 12-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #30

State: Utah
THOR #12415
Hi;
We have a 2018 vegas 24.1 and I would like to do the inner wheel well inserts but can't find anything that will work. Can you give me some advice on what to use and where to find it?
Old 12-15-2019, 11:42 PM   #31

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag8015 View Post
Hi;
We have a 2018 vegas 24.1 and I would like to do the inner wheel well inserts but can't find anything that will work. Can you give me some advice on what to use and where to find it?
Part numbers, installed pictures and details from two different people who installed these along with links to the parts to order are in this very thread.

I'm not sure how to answer your question.

Your post cannotes that you've already tried and failed.
What did you find that didn't work?
Old 12-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #32

THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I really like this mod. Did it make it any queiter inside the RV (esp at interstate speeds)?

Thanks. I just put this to the top of my mod list.

Post-modification and after about 700 miles on the road!

YES this has quieted down the road noise and the occasional flying road stones/debris that used to hit the underside of the rig with a "Bang" which always left you wondering what kind of damage the debris had done!
Old 12-26-2019, 10:41 PM   #33

THOR #12858
Happy Holidays. I want to do another project if I can; how does one 'noise' insulate the A-Pillars on the Vegas? I don't think I know where to start.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:00 PM   #34

THOR #12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbates View Post
We put the biggest tires we could go on our 24.1 Vegas, premium Shocks and had it realigned, was amazed at how quiet it got, better than it was when we bought it brand new.
What size did you get?
Old 12-26-2019, 11:05 PM   #35

THOR #12858
You reinstall the outside fender well moldings with the new inners installed
Old 12-27-2019, 12:12 AM   #36
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Happy Holidays. I want to do another project if I can; how does one 'noise' insulate the A-Pillars on the Vegas? I don't think I know where to start.
The A pillars are open on the bottom to the engine bay. You can stuff them with foam via the hood. Or you can fill them with expanding foam.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote