Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #7569
Major water in 2017 Palazzo 33.2

We traveled in a major downpour and had a small river running from under the shower, across the bathroom and into the main area. While hubby was still driving, I tried to track down the problem. Pulled the panel from behind the toilet and reached my hand into the wall, toward the shower pan. I could feel cool, damp air blowing in and water was flowing from under the shower. After arriving home, We opened the basement and cleaned up all the water that was in it.

We had to take the coach in for a laundry list of (mostly) small issues and told them about the water. Today, we went by to check on progress. This is what I found above the passenger side rear tires:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Well Pic.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	6310

Yep. That's the shower drain you can see. The wheel well is open to the underside of the shower pan. We didn't see this before, because the airbags were deflated. (We've only had our coach about three months and it's been in the shop for a month of that time.) It doesn't look like any kind of panel was ever installed over the opening.

Can someone with a comparable coach post a pic of what it should look like?