Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2020, 09:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: North Carolina
THOR #16745
Going to Thor headquarters for maintenance

Question for the veterans on this forum, How difficult is it to get an appointment for repairs at the Indiana site? Have any of you stayed in the area? If so, where?

We have 2 major issues that are definitely warranty issues. Camping World has said they don't have anyone here that can fix it and to be honest we don't trust the one here anyway.

Any suggestions or advice on how to go about the whole thing because email is not working for us? Exactly where would we go or who would we contact to set everything up?

The dealer we bought our rig from has been NO help at all so we are gonna have to go straight to the manufacturer. We have water coming out from under our bed at the left front corner and also from under the wardrobe drawer in the bedroom. Also, there are 2 holes in the rear panel where they obviously drilled the screws too far when installing the valence in the bedroom. The nails are sticking out and were painted but now the paint has worn off. Most of the other things my husband has been able to fix himself.

TIA

Old 08-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
It is best to call and set up an appointment. They do take some walk ins but given a hidden water leak it could be a bit more of a job and require significant shop time. There are several who have made the trip but I have not so no help there.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
My buddy just left there. Yes you need an appointment and they are making you stay in a hotel. Thor paid for the hotel too

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:00 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWeems View Post
Question for the veterans on this forum, How difficult is it to get an appointment for repairs at the Indiana site? Have any of you stayed in the area? If so, where?

TIA
Thor Industries Corporate Office. 601 East Beardsley Avenue Elkhart, IN 46514-3305 Phone: 574-970-7460
Thor Motor Coach customer Maintenance address: 510 Ward Street Wakarusa, IN 46573

Plant 850 606 Nelsons Parkway Wakarusa, IN 46573
Actually the maintenance facility is adjacent to plant 850

You need to call for an appointment. Do not arrive without an appointment ,as you will usually be turned away. You will need a detailed description of your problems. While maintenance will also fix or repair an other items they find. You do not need to be under warranty to make am appointment.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:08 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
we've stayed at the full - service RV park at the Wakarus THOR service facility several times - it's great. They take your coach in about 7am and bring it out about 3pm for you to overnight in - you don't have to 'stay' anywhere else.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:41 PM   #6

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
we've stayed at the full - service RV park at the Wakarus THOR service facility several times - it's great. They take your coach in about 7am and bring it out about 3pm for you to overnight in - you don't have to 'stay' anywhere else.
I think the protocols have changed due to the governor's CoVid-19 infections.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:11 AM   #7

THOR #16745
Thanks Beau388

We will call Monday morning to see how soon we can get in. Thank you for the information!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Thor Industries Corporate Office. 601 East Beardsley Avenue Elkhart, IN 46514-3305 Phone: 574-970-7460
Thor Motor Coach customer Maintenance address: 510 Ward Street Wakarusa, IN 46573

Plant 850 606 Nelsons Parkway Wakarusa, IN 46573
Actually the maintenance facility is adjacent to plant 850

You need to call for an appointment. Do not arrive without an appointment ,as you will usually be turned away. You will need a detailed description of your problems. While maintenance will also fix or repair an other items they find. You do not need to be under warranty to make am appointment.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Don’t count on staying in the rig at night. They have to sanitize the coach before it is returned and they will not do that everyday and you have to sanitize it before they take it in.

Don’t count on them paying for a hotel either.

Just returned from Entegra Factory Service and COVID has changed everything.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Don’t count on staying in the rig at night. They have to sanitize the coach before it is returned and they will not do that everyday and you have to sanitize it before they take it in.

Don’t count on them paying for a hotel either.

Just returned from Entegra Factory Service and COVID has changed everything.
Like I said earlier Thor paid for the hotel for my buddy. Maybe because the work was under warranty
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
What part of NC? Tom and his crew are bad asses at Riverside Subaru in New Port NC by cherry point. They are really good at what they do! Gave me faith again in our 2020 RV.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Like I said earlier Thor paid for the hotel for my buddy. Maybe because the work was under warranty
Like I said don't count on them paying for a hotel. Warranty clearly states the expense to and from warranty service is the owner's expense and not Thor's.

They may do something special depending on circumstances but don't count on it.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:25 PM   #12

THOR #16745
We are in Fayetteville. Are they allowed to do warranty work? There is a place in Coats and they come highly recommended BUT they said that Thor is particular about who is allowed to do warranty work and you have to move heaven and earth to get it in writing for them to allow other non-dealerships to do warranty work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
What part of NC? Tom and his crew are bad asses at Riverside Subaru in New Port NC by cherry point. They are really good at what they do! Gave me faith again in our 2020 RV.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:10 AM   #13
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
We are in Fayetteville. Are they allowed to do warranty work? There is a place in Coats and they come highly recommended BUT they said that Thor is particular about who is allowed to do warranty work and you have to move heaven and earth to get it in writing for them to allow other non-dealerships to do warranty work.
If there is a good reason Thor will authorize repair by an independent shop. You might have to pay up front and then get reimbursed. Call Thor, the worse that can happen is they say no.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:24 AM   #14

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I just confirmed my appointment for Warranty Work at the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa last week. I have been trying to get a date confirmed for the past several weeks.

The earliest date they had was September 28 but I scheduled for October 26 because we have a couple trips planned and I wanted to get all the way to the end of my warranty to get as much done as possible. We are going to stop on our way back from the Smokey Mountains.

You can no longer stay in the rig because of COVID. They tell you that you have to leave the rig and you have to pay for your own hotel (unless there are special circumstances.

You should contact Thor by phone. You will likely need to leave a voicemail but they will call you back. You will need to register your VIN and the warranty issues with Customer Service and ask for an appointment at the Factory Service Center. They will complete some paperwork and then someone will contact you from the Service Center to schedule the date. It will take some time because they are very busy.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:32 AM   #15

THOR #6411
Quote:
NOT True. The problem is Thor MC warranty labor rate is significantly lower ($40 per hour) than is typical for an independent shop. To use a non-dealer or mobile tech for warranty work, first get authorization for an estimate. I did it by e-mail. Take the coach over or have the mobile tech come by for an estimate. Thor MC will sometimes recommend a mobile tech if asked. Pay for any charges and keep the bill; send the estimate to Thor. If Thor approves and parts are required Thor will send you the parts UPS third day (no money involved). If Thor agrees to the repair, have the coach fixed and pay the bill. Send any bills and the broken parts back in the box the new parts came using the post-payed sticker. In 30 to 60 days Thor MC will send you the full amount in a corporate check. If the bill exceeds the estimate is your problem.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:44 PM   #16
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I just confirmed my appointment for Warranty Work at the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa last week. I have been trying to get a date confirmed for the past several weeks.

The earliest date they had was September 28 but I scheduled for October 26 because we have a couple trips planned and I wanted to get all the way to the end of my warranty to get as much done as possible. We are going to stop on our way back from the Smokey Mountains.

You can no longer stay in the rig because of COVID. They tell you that you have to leave the rig and you have to pay for your own hotel (unless there are special circumstances.

You should contact Thor by phone. You will likely need to leave a voicemail but they will call you back. You will need to register your VIN and the warranty issues with Customer Service and ask for an appointment at the Factory Service Center. They will complete some paperwork and then someone will contact you from the Service Center to schedule the date. It will take some time because they are very busy.
If Thor sanitizes the way Jayco does when they are finished you will be looking for a reason to go back after every outing. Jayco’s out of shop sanitizing was a complete interior detailing.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #17

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
If Thor sanitizes the way Jayco does when they are finished you will be looking for a reason to go back after every outing. Jayco’s out of shop sanitizing was a complete interior detailing.
And you got a two year warranty as opposed to Thor MC one year. One of the Entegra owners on the factory tour with me said the reason Entegra gives a two year warranty is, it takes that long to fix all the problems in the coach.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:24 PM   #18

Model: Quantum WS 31
State: Indiana
THOR #8403
Our warranty work

We have taken ours up to Thor several times during the warranty period. We are extremely satisfied with the work. Many times we had a list of repairs and they ended up going above and beyond what we asked for. They have always done a super job at the repairs. As far as staying someplace, we lived close enough (2 hours) that we just went back home. This is mainly because it took longer than we could stay.

Jamie Reinks was our warranty rep. Very nice and easy to get answer from.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:25 PM   #19

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
And you got a two year warranty as opposed to Thor MC one year. One of the Entegra owners on the factory tour with me said the reason Entegra gives a two year warranty is, it takes that long to fix all the problems in the coach.
That's funny stuff right there...
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #20

State: Florida
THOR #7425
Tour

While you’re there, take the tour of how they put these RVs together. It doesn’t take long and it’s very interesting.