Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2018, 02:49 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12520
6.7 ISB Rexall from Cummings NOT SURE IF IT IS FOR RV's

https://www.equipmentworld.com/cummi...ssions-device/

My Palazzo is currently in the shop having the DPF filter changed. While its there I have asked Frieghtliner to check and see if my coach is part of the recall. So far I have not been able to find any information about wether RVs are part of the 500,000 motors exhaust SCR systems not having the proper longevity therefore not meeting the clean air act standards and are being recalled but I am betting there are going to be a least a few.

The SCR systems in question are from 2010 to 2015.

There is not a VIN checker anywhere I can find for owners to check themselves. If anyone finds one please post it in this thread.

This is a voluntary recall on their behalf so it may not get allot of coverage.

I will post once Frieghtliner tells me yes or no...

Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Cummins dealer use the serial number of the dpf they put into a program and it ask like 3 question and it says yes replace or no replacement needed.

The program is made and run by cummins through there website cummins quickserve.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:12 AM   #3

THOR #12520
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Cummins dealer use the serial number of the dpf they put into a program and it ask like 3 question and it says yes replace or no replacement needed.

The program is made and run by cummins through there website cummins quickserve.
The recall is not for the DPF filter, It is for the NOx filter. Mine is in having the DPF filter changed now. I have asked them to verify if my motor is part of that recall. If it is then changing the NOx filter while it is apart seems to make allot of sense.

Thanks for the info. I will post once i hear back about the NOx filter and the recall.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:32 PM   #4

THOR #12520
My palazzo was not part of this recall

As of right now, my 2015 Thor Palazzo 33.3 is not part of this recall . Freightliner did confirm that my 6.7 ISB had no outstanding recall notices from the factory, Cummings or Allison before releasing the coach to the dealership.

I should have it back next week...

Tags
def, def delete, diesel exhaust, dpf, nox