Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Ace 29.3 Washer Dryer addition

(Sorry about the rotated image :-/)
My wife has really missed the convenience of having the washer dryer in the rv and hates going to the laundromat due to inconsiderate people not only in interaction but mainly what they will put into a washer because it isnt theirs. So its time to upgrade. Obviously the ACE models dont offer this as an option so I had to figure the best place to put. That came down to removing the table and booth seats, there is a major advantage to this as I put the washer up against the bathroom wall and everything you need is there. Access to a drain, water and electric. I also found in the process that the break valve for the tank flusher is in this area. My manual said it was accesseble from the upper cabinet in the bathroom but that was not so.

I purchased 2 sharkbite tee fittings to tap into the water lines going up to the sink. I cut the vent pipe under the sink and added a tee and ran to the edge of the wall and put a ptrap and stand pipe. Electric was available underneath the bath cabinet because this had the outside tv and it plugged in there. I also needed a couple of elbow fittings for the water lines and a couple of valves which I made a mount for the valves. I installed a ventless unit although installing a vented would be easy since once again this had the outside tv with speakers, one of the speakers is right there and could be removed and a vent installed in its place. (We didnt want the outside tv but it is what was available)

I also added 2 kitchen base cabinets for storage and mounted the table on top of those. We will use a stool to sit at that table if need be but normally use the table that will mount between the front seats.

Cost to convert for using a washer in terms of parts was probably less than $70 for all the fittings and valves. I bought a Edgestar washer dryer off Amazon in black for $859 and a 3 yr warranty for $99 so all toll just barely over $1000 for this. The cabinets ran about $225 but that is if you want to install cabinets. We could have left the front booth and would have only needed to move the table a couple inches but we considered the booth a waste of space.

W/D notes, there is a quick wash cycle that says it takes 36 minutes but was actually 1 hour. Drying automatically sets for 1:47 but was plenty dry enough after 1 hour. This was a test load for 2 towels and 2 wash rags. It took 7.5 gallons to wash and another 2.5 gallons to dry (uses condensation for pulling moisture out of clothes. So 10 gallons of water and it drains into the black tank but if you are in a full hook up that is not an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2%CzGZV1QsuRJKe51tcJBg.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	8820   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2340.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	8823  

Name:	IMG_2338.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	8825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2339.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	8826  

Name:	IMG_2347.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	8827  

Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Good job. And interesting at the same time.

Having a washer/dryer was on the must have list when we were looking for mh and ended up not getting one. I also have been thinking about trying to install a set. First thought was in the bedroom closet but getting water and drainage was the issue.

Please post more pics of the finished work when you have time.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620

Name:	IMG_0183.jpg
Views:	164