Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
ACE 29.3 - where do you store the dinette cushion?

Those who own an ACE likely know you can convert the dinette to a bed by removing the table legs, lowering the table top and then placing a cushion on top of the table top making a bed. In the ACE 29.3 where do you store the cushion when not in use? There is not a lot of extra storage in the 29.3, especially if you have the outdoor kitchen. Because there are only four of us (me, my wife and two dogs) I am going to simply remove the cushion and store it in my basement. I am also removing the round table that sets between the driver and passenger seats and store it in the basement as there really isn't a good place to store it. Also, I wonder how much one would actually use that round table because it seems a little too big for the space.

Let me know what you think about this, everyone likely has different thoughts about it.

Thanks in advane.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
I don't have the same RV as you but my dinette has cushions on the seats and backs of the seats. The seat cushions stay where they are and the cushions on the back of the seats go on the table top.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

THOR #4032
Extra cushion for bed on ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
I don't have the same RV as you but my dinette has cushions on the seats and backs of the seats. The seat cushions stay where they are and the cushions on the back of the seats go on the table top.
Yea, my class c was the same. But not the ACE. There is an extra (wide) cushion to cover the area where the table top is. Thor didn't know where to store it either, so they simply threw it between the bed and the rear wall along with the round table and leg that goes between the driver and passenger seat. Not really a good solution when you are actually using the motorhome. If you are not using the dinette for a bed the cushion is in the way. If you are not using the round table, where do you store it? Especially moving down the road. It is like it was added to the unit with no thought as to where to store it when on the road etc.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Live and learn. Guess someone at Thor needs to start thinking about the design of dinettes.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:48 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
We leave our cushion at home. And we've put the round table and pole that goes between the front seats under the couch.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:21 AM   #6

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3486
We have a 30.1 and store the extras in our basement. It's just the two of us and we don't need the extra round table or cushion for dinette bed.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:10 AM   #7

THOR #4032
Basement? Not on my 29.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlyle View Post
We have a 30.1 and store the extras in our basement. It's just the two of us and we don't need the extra round table or cushion for dinette bed.
Unfortunately, the 29.3 with the outdoor kitchen has very little "basement" storage. It is filled with the kitchen in one bay (likely the big one) and the bbq cooker in the other. I guess the best thing to do is simply remove the large cushion and round table from the unit and store them until it is time to trade the Ace in. We find the round table is a little too big to be of much value to us.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #8

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3486
Sorry Bob, I meant the basement in our "stick" home. They will probably stay down there until we sell the MH.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #9

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #2954
I store mine under the jack-knife couch. It is easy to do without modifying the couch. But I did do a few mods to make things even easier. I used long wire straps to route the heater tubes along the front of the couch and down the rear side. Those tubes were just laying on the floor and were always getting in the way. I also removed the screws that hold the front piece to the couch. The brackets are a J bracket any way so the screw is redundant. Now I can lift the front piece off and slide the cushion under the couch without much effort.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #10

THOR #4032
Thank you all for your comments, so far it seems most don't use either of these items. Ours is going into our stick house basement along with all the pillows etc. from the queen bed that look great but take up too much space when traveling. We will retrieve them when we sell our motorhome sometime in the future and let the new owners try to figure out what to do with them.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #11

Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4359
In this video Thor rep or etc.... talk about the storage about the small front table and also the cushion.
Thor is adding brackets to the 2017 for this.
Sorry the video is long........ but interesting
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #12

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3487
Tables

We have an ACE 29.2 with only the two of us. We store the dinette cushion in our guest room at home. We use the oval round table as the dinette table. Just the right easy size for the two of us and easy to get around. We store the big dinette table at home in the garage. Works for us!
Old 05-27-2016, 10:37 PM   #13

THOR #3487
Tables

We also got a round from Lowes to use as a small cocktail table up front when we are parked for a number of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150904_205422.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	2100   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160216_145659.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	2101  

Old 05-28-2016, 12:19 AM   #14

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
We store the cushion, small table and a collapsable dog kennel between the bed and rear wall, in the narrow walkway.

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #15

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Ace View Post
We also got a round from Lowes to use as a small cocktail table up front when we are parked for a number of days.
I like it! Question... why did you not like the large table? Just asking to get different points of view. I am very interested in what you like or don't like about the ACE.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #16

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
Oval table fits nicely in the underbed storage on my 2016 ACE 29.3.
I stand the dinette cushion along the back wall, the tall way, partially behind the frame of the slide when the slide is out, or in Thors spot under the back window. That space between the bed and back is so narrow it is almost useless for bed access anyways.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:24 PM   #17

THOR #4032
So do you use it? How often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysteve View Post
Oval table fits nicely in the underbed storage on my 2016 ACE 29.3.
I stand the dinette cushion along the back wall, the tall way, partially behind the frame of the slide when the slide is out, or in Thors spot under the back window. That space between the bed and back is so narrow it is almost useless for bed access anyways.
We have the same year and model. I have thought about storing them in the same way you do, but we never use the dinette cushion and the table seems too big so we haven't used it either. Our solution was to store them in our basement (at home) and if we ever need them I guess we will get them back out.

So do you use yours? How often etc.? Thanks for your update.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:25 AM   #18

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
We have only done one trip so far, and we used the small table. It became the equivalent of "where to put this for now? Oh, just put it on the small table." We used it when we played a board game with the couple we travelled with as well. They booked the adjacent campsite and were tent camping. When the rain started to pour, our coach plus board games was our solution.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:48 AM   #19

THOR #3487
Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
I like it! Question... why did you not like the large table? Just asking to get different points of view. I am very interested in what you like or don't like about the ACE.
We find it so much roomier and easier to get around without the big table. With the oval table there is still enough room for lunch/ dinner for the two of us.