Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2016, 12:23 AM   #21
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

If I had an Axis with a slide, and had to level it first on my sloped driveway at home every time I loaded, unloaded, and cleaned, it would get old fast -- levelers would be nice to have. But if my decision was based solely on campgrounds we've stayed at, then I'd pass on levelers. Practically all sites have been level enough that we haven't done anything (although my concerns have been limited to the fridge and not a slide).
We have a sloped driveway...Ron built a set of graduated blocks to drive the front end upon while parked in driveway. Works well...coach is level at all times...we can run out slide and turn on refrig if we choose to do so without any problems.

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:30 AM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I toss the RV EZ Level on the kitchen floor to figure out where to put the levelers.

Its pretty easy to pick up a corner and see how far it has to go to get level (typically no more than 3 blocks high).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #23

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I toss the RV EZ Level on the kitchen floor to figure out where to put the levelers.

Its pretty easy to pick up a corner and see how far it has to go to get level (typically no more than 3 blocks high).
We do the same but use a cheap plastic level about a foot long that we picked up at WalMart. Works pretty well. We check in several different places. Also had these stick on bubble indicators that tell how many inches needed to level the rv side to side and back to front.
Two-Way Graduated Never Fade Levels, Set of 2 - Hopkins 08526 - Levels - Camping World
Old 04-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #24

State: Idaho
THOR #6809
Smile Vegas Scissor Jacks

I read the front end of the 24.1 Vegas is situated a little lower so I purchased four scissor leveler jacks. When retracted, they have 4.5 inches of height and there are lots of mounting holes. Does a Vegas have enough clearance underneath for mounting and traveling with them? 95% pavement.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
They came standard with our Chateau 31W because of the full wall slide, must be leveled to put out, and now I wouldn't have a rv without them. We had TT and 5rs and they always wiggled. This rig is rock solid Inside because the weight is off the suspension. Sometimes it takes a tire right off the ground. And we must get bad sites everywhere because they are always unlevel.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:23 AM   #26

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
Has anyone had one installed ??

Catching up here:

We had a HWH auto leveling system added to our Vegas 25.2 before we took delivery. Like all mods, it's a personal choice. It was not cheap, but we really like the leveling aspect and the stability. Seems we rarely set up where it is level.

We did the leveling routine with a travel trailer and a 5th wheel, so I know how to do that, and that it's not all that complicated. For us, and the way we travel, it is worth the expense to hit a button and have the coach level itself. We use our RV enough, and plan to keep it long enough, to spread the cost.

Your results may vary.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 AM   #27

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I also have the HWH Kickdown levelers on my 25.2. To be honest, I'm just to old, cantankerous, and lazy to go in and out of the RV to set leveling blocks. In the 2 1/2 years that I have had my RV, I just enjoy the strenuous exercize of pressing a button.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #28

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
I also have the HWH Kickdown levelers on my 25.2. To be honest, I'm just to old, cantankerous, and lazy to go in and out of the RV to set leveling blocks. In the 2 1/2 years that I have had my RV, I just enjoy the strenuous exercize of pressing a button.

Yeah, that description fits me, too. We appreciate those levelers every time we drop anchor!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:40 PM   #29

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #19132
Leveling a 24.1 without Levelers

I’m looking at a couple different coaches, one without levelers. While I am familiar with leveling blocks, I was wondering if a Vegas 24.1 bounces/moves much without levelers or stabilizers, when someone is walking around? Thanks for any help with this question!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:50 PM   #30

Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
THOR #15054
We had a 24.1 and I'm one of those who will get VERY frustrated by the in and out of the driver's seat adjusting here, adjusting there, etc. I had Bigfoot levelers put on and was incredibly pleased with them. Again, it's how much do you feel like doing. With your back issues that you mention, I can tell you without question, I'd be doing the levelers. A luxury, an extravagance? Sure. For most of us, the entire RV is that, so don't feel bad that you want this.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:52 PM   #31

Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksterwalk@yahoo.com View Post
I’m looking at a couple different coaches, one without levelers. While I am familiar with leveling blocks, I was wondering if a Vegas 24.1 bounces/moves much without levelers or stabilizers, when someone is walking around? Thanks for any help with this question!
We had a 24.1 with Bigfoot levelers AND factory stabilizers. The difference between going without stabilizers and using them is night and day. While the levelers make sure that things are balanced, the stabilizers keep your coach from rocking side to side, whether from wind or someone walking.

When we had the Bigfoot system put on, we thought we wouldn't use the stabilizers. Wrong!
Old 06-11-2020, 12:02 AM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
We had a 24.1 and I'm one of those who will get VERY frustrated by the in and out of the driver's seat adjusting here, adjusting there, etc. I had Bigfoot levelers put on and was incredibly pleased with them. Again, it's how much do you feel like doing. With your back issues that you mention, I can tell you without question, I'd be doing the levelers. A luxury, an extravagance? Sure. For most of us, the entire RV is that, so don't feel bad that you want this.
I put a Levelmate PRO on: I pull in, check my phone (it says: 1" front left, 0.5" rear left, etc.), I put blocks out to match those distances and drive up on the blocks...done. No adjusting here, adjusting there...one and done.

The readout is live so you can even scoot the RV around the campsite (while still sitting comfortably in the drivers seat) to find the most level spot before you even put the blocks out, lower jacks, etc.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:25 PM   #33

THOR #29732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

While I agree with your point of view completely, in fairness to OP, it's usually difficult to justify (time or cost) what I consider luxury or convenience items other than we want them because we want them.

If evaluated as a business decision it makes no sense whatsoever to me, but if they get pleasure from owning that tool, how is it any different than pushing a button to get everything level?
If evaluated as a "business decision" 95% of us would not own an RV.