Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
After a year and a half, everything is finally fixed

I have a 2018 Chateau 31E, which we bought about a year and a half ago. It's a really nice class C RV, but there was always a list of things to repair until now. I just replaced the failed entry door lock, which was the last item on the repair list. It feels good to have everything 100% in good working order.

I still have a list of upgrades I want to do, but they aren't financial priorities right now. And there are usually new items to fix after most trips, but hopefully they will just be minor issues.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
That's the first sign that it's time to trade!! How boring camping will be now!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #3

THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
That's the first sign that it's time to trade!! How boring camping will be now!!

Well, since these things are constructed by screwing pieces of particle board together, I'm sure there will be new things to fix on a regular basis. And there is always the regular cleaning and maintenance, so I don't think I'll be bored.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!
Now that the "Gottadew" list is completed: the "Wannadew" List can get moved to the top of the pile!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Michigan
THOR #21624
I'm a newbie on the brink of buying my first RV (FW 22E). I'm slowly making my way through each thread in the C Class Forum and if there is a common theme across majority of threads, it's poor quality off the production line (doesn't seem to be Thor specific) and the owner should expect some type of fixing later down the road.

For those of you who address these issues, whether personally or the dealer, I'm curious if there is a typical milestone, perhaps mileage or months, where all the demons have exposed themselves, been addressed, and you now have an RV you feel is at the level of quality you like?
Old 12-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #6

THOR #5837
It probably depends on the RV, but within about a year you should have all the initial quality issues worked out. Of course, there will be other stuff that breaks after that that may or not be related to the initial build quality.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:31 PM   #7

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The thing to most consider about a c class is your ability to get from the front seats to the coach based on your size and ability.

A big girl with a bad knee is NEVER going to be happy with a class c.

I know someone on this forum who has to go out the passenger door, then in through the coach door. Rain or shine, cold and wind and discontent. No peeing or sandwiches while underway. No 'honey will grab me a soda?' I'm sure this forum is dozens deep with this.

Everything else can be fixed.
We bought very slightly used and had someone else take the big value hit and do the shakedown.
I highly suggest this.
When the deferred mortgages start needing paid and the 'me too' one year rv owners tire of their stupid 'me too' decision, you'll have plenty of 6000 mile, been in the shop for six months, sorted out rv's to choose from.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #8

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
In another thread...current RV value is being discussed due to new and used shortages caused by Virus (supply and demand economics).

Many new RVs were impulsively purchased due to Virus by those who are “non” RVers.

I suggest that by the end of 2021 there will be many many 1 yr barely used RVs available.

So late 2021 will be a great time to strike your best deal (even if all the kinks & fixes hadn’t yet been worked out of a 1yr old).