Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2017, 03:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Is this all the low point drains on an ACE 30.3?

One unfortunate thing is how lousy the manuals are on these coaches, since they are generic.

On my 2018 ACE 30.3 with outdoor kitchen, I think these are all the drain points, but I would appreciate if anyone can confirm.

Under fresh water tank
Two near water pump
Hot and cold in outdoor kitchen area
Hot water tank

Am I missing anything? Is there a hot water drain other than in the outdoor kitchen and hotwater heater itself?

When I winterize, I plan to use air, so my understanding is I need to fully drain, including hot water heater, and then close it all back up and apply air and open each faucet (and toilet -- going to be hard to remember that) in turn.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
My 29.3 has two at outside kitchen, one after water pump and the fresh water drain. As far as I know only one hot water low point. Remember there are three valves to by pass hot water heater.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
You値l still need the pink stuff for the drain traps. I知 not a fan of using only air and suggest that you use lots of it (volume of air at 30 or so psi) then wait a bit and do it again. If you have a macerator pump on your outdoor kitchen you値l need to use the pink stuff on it as well. Just curious, why don稚 you like the pink stuff? Two gallons and about 15 minutes and your done. With visual confirmation that all will be well.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
You値l still need the pink stuff for the drain traps. I知 not a fan of using only air and suggest that you use lots of it (volume of air at 30 or so psi) then wait a bit and do it again. If you have a macerator pump on your outdoor kitchen you値l need to use the pink stuff on it as well. Just curious, why don稚 you like the pink stuff? Two gallons and about 15 minutes and your done. With visual confirmation that all will be well.
One reason is I will probably winterize/de-winterize 5-10 times this winter, since I live in a generally mild state and we will want to take advantage of the mild weekends and get away. I really don't want to flush out antifreeze that often.

Good point on the macerator. Not even sure how I can winterize that on it's own or if that can be blown out. It will be hooked to shore power when stored. I think the "heat source" for that is the heat generated by the fridge, so maybe if that's left running non stop, the outdoor kitchen and macerator will be protected.

I'm also considering just keeping some ceramic heaters inside and in the bays on thermocubes or whatever those little temp controlled switch devices are called, but if I do, I probably want to initially test that with it winterized and then track it with acurite sensors to confirm it keeps all critical areas above freezing.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Makes sense. Thank you. Good luck.