Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
An Alternative View

My Thor Axis has had its little issues. Things to fix, things to improve, and things to make it better (thanks everyone). I have extra screws, molding, and interesting extra parts all courtesy of Thor’s assembly crews.

However, there is a long list of others issues I must share:

- AC and fans,
- Electrical systems,
- Plumbing and tanks,
- Slides,
- Stove top and microwave,
- TVs and radios (Whoops, there was the Axxera),
- Awning and windows,
- Ford E450,
- Doors, cabinets, storage lockers, and lock sets, and
- just about everything else works!

I know folks have had multiple issues, some major, and I am sorry they have had to deal with those issues, but for me and I suspect many others, their Thor has performed as expected.

No doubt I will encounter break downs that will make me curse, but I have started with a pretty good product. I bet many have.

I think I need another gin and tonic...

Special thanks for the good advise, solutions and great mods from this forum. What an awesome place. Make that a double please.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I’ve had both a Vegas and Axis and have been traveling in them since 2014 and I agree.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #3

State: Indiana
THOR #14970
I have a 2017 Thor Axis
25.5. Love it .little Problems Radio n Camera sometimes dont come onClick image for larger version

Name:	20170805_172920.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	19418Click image for larger version

Name:	received_10207146794228033.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	19419
Old 08-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #4

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
I agree with you, I have a Class C 22FE and have only had one little glitch since new in 2016. Something that took me 5 minutes to fix (a nut and bolt to secure the inner wheel liner on the rear dually), and oh yes, a cabinet drawer that kept sliding open when travelling (hasp adjustment). Haven't really found many nuts, bolts, screws laying around or sawdust. Everything seems to still work with 18,000 miles on her. I'm happy and we sold a 30 foot Class A to get the 22FE.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
My Thor is the third brand new motorhome I have purchased. It is also the first one that was not ready to use right from the dealers lot. Maybe it's the dealer's fault, Camping World, or maybe mine for not being more of a stickler at delivery but the lack of construction quality in this product line is beyond compare. My other two new units were good to go right off the lot with minimal quality issues related to manufacture. One did have a Ford PCM issue and the other had a genset issue, but neither had the excess screws, debris, loose and excess wire length, misaligned things, disconnected things, improperly connected things that my Thor has had. It took six or seven trips before we had an outing with no new issues discovered. In hindsight, most things have been relatively minor but it did get old spending a week after every trip fixing all the little things. I'm glad I'm a retired mechanic/repairman and have the time to fix most things that crop up. The DW and I do like the floor plan and have had a great time using it and seeing the sights, but our experience with Thor will always be tainted by their inferior build quality.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote