Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2018, 12:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Another lock FOB programming issue

My Freedom Elite 30 FE came with a keyless entry system (doors to enter the cab).
Like many others, I was handed a single set of keys which included a working door lock FOB. I went to the Ford dealer to purchase a second FOB only to be told, it was not a Ford remote. I researched and I purchased a duplicate FOB on line and tried programming it according to the E450 chassis manual.
No luck.
The duplicate FOB came with a set of instructions that mentioned a valet/programming switch and LED. My search for this switch and LED ended up with me first removing the driver’s side kick panel. There I found several wires that had been cut and spliced (not very professionally I might add). Tracing these wires caused me to remove the door sill panel. Underneath the door sill I found a black box labeled APS45C. Internet research revealed that this was a Prestige (now Voxx electronics) keyless entry system.
All fine and well, except still no programming switch or LED. I found the wiring diagram for the APS45C and the connection point for the switch and LED. In looking at the actual box, both connection points were void of these components.
So, I’m right back where I started. No way to program a new remote.
I’ve sent a message to Voxx, but so far no reply.
From all of this, I surmise that, in order to save a few bucks, Thor chose not to buy the Ford chassis with the Ford keyless entry system (an APS45C system can be purchased on Amazon for about $40). To further save money,Thor chose not to provide the valet/programming switch and LED.
In my opinion, this is just another way Thor has found to piss off the customer.
This will be the last Thor product that I buy.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Yep, found mine in the same spot. But the led switch harness was coiled up next to it with a wire tie.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkyte@msn.com View Post
Yep, found mine in the same spot. But the led switch harness was coiled up next to it with a wire tie.
Went and looked again, all that was down there with the box and wire bundles was a bunch of sawdust. No switch or LED.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:41 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #20738
Angry No remote locking

2 years later seems its still the same, neither of my controls work, found the control box under the sill cover, no switch, no LED
Old 01-20-2021, 01:36 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #21890
Atwood water heater

I just purchased 2010 daman tuscany. The water heater never shuts off when I have it on using gas. Also I have no water to my faucets in the shower. I will be looking for valves for that but was wondering if the Atwood 10 gallon heater has been unreliable?
Old 01-20-2021, 01:51 AM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethers View Post
2 years later seems its still the same, neither of my controls work, found the control box under the sill cover, no switch, no LED
The wiring is in place and the poster above your post said 40 bucks gets you a new unit.
You're only 40 bucks away from fully resolved.

Personally, I'd go to a stereo shop and have and Really nice setup installed with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi .

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:56 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim t View Post
I just purchased 2010 daman tuscany. The water heater never shuts off when I have it on using gas. Also I have no water to my faucets in the shower. I will be looking for valves for that but was wondering if the Atwood 10 gallon heater has been unreliable?
Welcome aboard!
Atwoods seem to be pretty reliable...
Old 04-04-2021, 02:36 AM   #8

Model: RC25
State: Virginia
THOR #21090
Trying to buy valet switch and LED

I have the same situation with my 2021 Quantum RC25. Fobs have never worked,and I found the APS45C receiver under the Ford E450 step up with Thor’s help. No valet switch or LED attached to the unit, making it impossible to program the fobs.
I’m trying to buy the switch and LED from VOXX. They say the part numbers are 1361524 and 1361286, for $10 each + S&H. I’ll let you know how that turns out.
I tried to find a whole new unit online as suggested, but I can’t find a unit in stock anywhere.
Let me know if you find another solution.
Thanks!
Old 08-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #9

Model: Quantum 29kw
State: California
THOR #24729
I realize this is an old post but I have the same situation with my 2020 29KW. No LED and no Valet button. I bought a fob on amazon and can't get it to program, the seller didn't know how to program without a valet button. Prestige recommended to install a new system, and Ford was less than helpful. Ford couldn't tell me why they didn't install the entire kit. It's easy enough to just use the key and that's probably what i'll end up doing.
Just thought i'd ask if anyone here has found another solution? Thanks
Old 08-08-2022, 04:59 PM   #10

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #20738
Same with my 2021 FourWinds 31W, it’s like Thor just do it on purpose, I bet they have a huge bin full of these switches and LED’s. Has one ever been delivered with it working?

I just use the key as the reviews for that system are crappy anyway.