Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2022, 10:30 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
Is your zone 1 pump running when you selct heat, gas, on zone 1, and have the thermostat calling for heat?

What is the antifreeze temperature?

Burner cycling on and off?
antifreeze is at 163 degrees, zone pumps 1 and 2 are dark 345 are green. diesel is running along with elect, zone 1 calling for heat set on gas and rear register fans are running. Then looking at the room temp in the front of the coach temp didn't go up but what should have been zone 3 the temp was higher. This tells me zone 1 and 3 are reversed.
Then I set zone 3 calling for heat with diesel and elect was on, waited 20 mins and no fans ran. then set zone 2 for heat and still no fans ran after again waiting 20 mins... The diesel burner cycled about every 13 mins.
btw all hoses containing fluid at the main unit were all hot. Could hear what I thought was pumps running but may have been the diesel burner only
I did a search on google for repairing of the controller. Found that the controller has 3 versions, 1 better that others and other information about repairing it. I have knowledge of the repair of electronic circuits. If the controller is in need, I plan to order the one that is suggested and will study the old unit for the damaged parts.
A certified service company is sending a tech monday to look things over.. I'll report what he finds.. I'm in warm weather so I am in no hurry Thank You all for hanging in there with me as I get so many things repaired on this coach. Such a good group of people on here...
Mike and cat

Old 11-25-2022, 11:56 PM   #22

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Mike

Your antifreeze temperature is too low

It should be 190 -210, and your heat isn't going to work correctly at your lower setting

Your tempering valve must be set high to give you hot domestic water

Be very curious as to what you find
Old 12-07-2022, 12:00 AM   #23

State: Florida
THOR #26840
More issues, new controller lasted about 5 days. Pump 2 went out and then the stir pump went out 2 days later....more parts. Starting to feel like a BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand)
Old 12-07-2022, 12:15 AM   #24

THOR #9178
You're having a time

400 series have two pimps. Which one went out?
Old 12-07-2022, 12:32 AM   #25

Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
Cmikego and I must have the same unit. BOAT
Im unchanged on mine. called aquaHot and they said I would need to go to a service center.. I have hot water and heat in the bedroom so I'm happy.
Hope things go better for ya mike. Keep us updated on yours
Old 12-07-2022, 01:13 AM   #26

THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmikego74 View Post
More issues, new controller lasted about 5 days. Pump 2 went out and then the stir pump went out 2 days later....more parts. Starting to feel like a BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand)
You do have a 400D?
Old 02-21-2024, 03:22 PM   #27

State: Georgia
THOR #31908
Im a new owner of a 2013 Tuscany 42 WX. First experience with a Aqua Hot 400d.

I have a few things I cant figure out.

1) There is a heat exchanger in the half bath. It produces so much heat it will run you out of the room. I cant find any way to regulate the temp on that unit. There is no thermostat for adjustment Its also a different unit than the others throughout the RV. If i cant find a way to regulate it, ill have to bypass it. Any ideas?

2) How do I leave heat on in the basement and water compartment to keep pipes from freezing? Surely there is some way to heat on electric so I dont have to run diesel Aqua Hot and burn fuel all winter. Wee dont winterize every time we leave because we use the RV every week few weeks during the winter . Only solution Ive come up with is to put an electric heater in the basement. Any ideas?

THanks everyone for any suggestions
Old 02-21-2024, 04:12 PM   #28

THOR #26840
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX I have same issues, I usually put my shoe to hold bathroom door open to let out heat. I hate that those are both under cabinets, storing cleaners and such under there causes them to get hot and changes chemistry, I usually leave those cabinet doors open or cracked open
However I'm in Idaho and Utah, If I run my aquahot in temps between 20-35 degrees I ended up using $340 in diesel fuel for the month of December. My new monthly spot includes electric, no meter, so I have 2 ceramic and 1 oil filled radiator inside and just run AH on electric with storage set to 60 deg. I also have a small 400 watt ceramic heater sitting inside my tank bay. I recently bought 4" round vents I'm going to cut into walls to put warm air into the storage next to passenger wheel and going to blow warm air into storage tanks.I figure I'm saving the fuel and wear and tear on my AH.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM   #29

THOR #6903
Zone 2 controls the bath register

the temperature sensor is outside near the door

Basement heat is controlled by the two thermostats for the two registers up on the ceiling
Old 02-24-2024, 03:24 PM   #30

THOR #26840
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Zone 2 controls the bath register

the temperature sensor is outside near the door

Basement heat is controlled by the two thermostats for the two registers up on the ceiling
Not in my Thor. Only zone 1 and 3, Zone 1 has heat exchangers by drivers seat, under table cabinets and sofa. Zone 2 only has the overheat heat pump. And Zone 3 controls both bathroom heat exchangers and bedroom. With my Microair thermostat I am able to turn on the fan controls of heat pumps with Aqua Hot and that does help move air around.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:10 PM   #31

THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmikego74 View Post
Not in my Thor. Only zone 1 and 3, Zone 1 has heat exchangers by drivers seat, under table cabinets and sofa. Zone 2 only has the overheat heat pump. And Zone 3 controls both bathroom heat exchangers and bedroom. With my Microair thermostat I am able to turn on the fan controls of heat pumps with Aqua Hot and that does help move air around.
You should be able to select gas or electric heat

None of the factory rigs were wired like yours is apparently

Zone 2 one a factory rig is the recirculation loop as a 400D doesn't have the third pump. And it uses the 1/2 bath as the heat sink

Both basement registers are on separate thermostats located their

Anyone can change one of the three thermostats to heat/electric and use the heat pump as a fan to distribute heat. Since it is a common duct that would be feasible