Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2019, 12:27 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Challenger paint codes

2019 Challenger 37FH where can I find paint codes for my coach. Thanks

Old 12-10-2019, 12:45 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
On my 2015 Challenger they were on a label on the back of a kitchen cabinet door. Also listed the vendor that painted the coach. On my current rig the label is on the driver’s door jamb
Old 12-10-2019, 02:47 AM   #3

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Inside a bedroom closet door in my Aria were the paint codes for an 18 Challenger. You might start checking all the Arias in your area. A call to Thor got me the codes for my unit.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #4

THOR #13399
Nope and nope
Old 12-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Nope and nope
I would suggest you call or email Thor.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #6

THOR #13399
Called Thor no sheet in coach,and not so much a paint code they emailed me a picture of my coach with each color id then the paint color mixing instructions for each color ,so I guess I'll see if I can get touch up kit made.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Called Thor no sheet in coach,and not so much a paint code they emailed me a picture of my coach with each color id then the paint color mixing instructions for each color ,so I guess I'll see if I can get touch up kit made.
When we bought our Challenger we go a kit that had a small amount of all 4 colors. With the Accolade we got the same type kit but will more paint in the bottles.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Called Thor no sheet in coach,and not so much a paint code they emailed me a picture of my coach with each color id then the paint color mixing instructions for each color, so I guess I'll see if I can get touch up kit made.
It depends on the year of the coach. Thor MC did not paint coaches before 2018, but had a local paint shop do all the full and partial paint jobs. The paint shop affixed all paint the codes for all paint used on each coach, usually in the bed room closet. To my knowledge, Thor MC never kept the older paint codes, but only the color descriptions. The last couple years Thor MC has used its new paint shop where they have full control of what goes on each particular coach. As of this summer, Entegra was still sending their coaches out for paint.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #9

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
I guess I got lucky. I got a bag of small paint bottles when I bought ours. Previous owner said they came with when he bought. I hope we never need to use them.
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:27 PM   #10

Model: ACE
State: Alabama
THOR #10208
Quote:
You can go to any good paint shop and have them shoot your rig with a paint code camera. You are probably dealing with a gel coat on your rig. The paint code will get you close.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:03 PM   #11

Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
I have 2017 THOR AXIS 25.4, I called Thor for the color code and their customer service said they do not use color codes, he told me my color was Champagne and its a gel coat, I said well you got to have a color code for the gel coat and he said we do not use color codes for gel coat and so I said well what do you do when a coach is damaged during build? you got to touch them up and need a color code and his answer was once again its gel coat and we do not have misshaps , I am getting a little fed up with this guy and hit him with this, the bumpers are made of metal and they are painted so what do you use for a color code to match the paint and same answer, we do not use color codes and I said well how do you spec out the color and he said we do not use color codes so I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said no and hung up on me.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #12
Site Team

THOR #1469
The OP asked for the codes for a Challenger. Challenger is full body paint and not color tinted gel coat with vinyl graphics like the Axis or other models. There should be approx 4 color codes for Sikkens paint for the OP’s coach.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:28 AM   #13

State: California
THOR #16919
My 2017 came with small touch up bottles of all 4 colors. Unfortunately, since the coach sat in the hot Arizona heat for several months all the small bottles had dried up. The paint can be purchased at automotive paint vendors if you have the info on your coach (year, manufacturer, paint scheme). I went to a Sherwin Williams Automotive paint store in AZ to get new touch up paint made and they were able to get the formulas from their database. Now each of my bottles has the formula printed on the label. One interesting issue for California RV owners like me is that you can only get water based paint at California paint stores. Since water based formulas might not match the lacquer colors then you’ll need to go out of state to purchase your paint.