Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Michigan
THOR #2628
Aria, any one bought one

Just wonder if we have any Aria owners yet?

Old 11-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
no, but an interesting motorcoach, and looks like it fits nicely between the Palazzo and Venetian Diesel lines...
-XCR chassis with full basement/cargo doors and passthru
-Hard style flooring
-Solar
and I'm sure some more nice amenities...

I've not seen one in person but look forward to checking one out - maybe they'll bring in a Bunkhouse version soon...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:12 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
I haven't seen on in person, but I do like the layout of the 3901.

Waiting for my dealer to get on e in and just go take a look (since I just purchased a new Challenger in June).
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:28 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
The one floor plan I saw was what we were looking for, ie: no appliances or plumbing in the slide outs....solves a lot of issues before they become issues..But there are still the conflicts of trying to fully use the coach when none of the slides are deployed...
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The one floor plan I saw was what we were looking for, ie: no appliances or plumbing in the slide outs....solves a lot of issues before they become issues..But there are still the conflicts of trying to fully use the coach when none of the slides are deployed...
Are you sure you were looking at an Aria?

I see, in both, the sink, the range, the fridge, and the microwave in a slide (fridge and microwave isn't a big deal unless the refer has an ice maker).
Not to mention that giant full-wall slide...yikes.

Unless there is a model out there that isn't on the website (rare but a possibility).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #6

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Are you sure you were looking at an Aria?

I see, in both, the sink, the range, the fridge, and the microwave in a slide (fridge and microwave isn't a big deal unless the refer has an ice maker).
Not to mention that giant full-wall slide...yikes.

Unless there is a model out there that isn't on the website (rare but a possibility).
It's a good possibility that my "tri-focals" struck again
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #7

Model: Aria 3901
State: Tennessee
THOR #6882
Smile Aria 3901

We just picked up our new Aria 3901 on 3/14/17 in TX and traveled around 800 miles. So far so good. We had a gas class A previously and we are really enjoying the difference with the dp.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #7072
Considering Aria 3901

I was all set to drive one the other day (3901)...but they couldn't raise the step. Beautiful coach... seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I may still be a year away. I'm currently driving a Coachmen Concord, Class C. It's a great coach, but we may need to get something bigger.

I'm going to be lurking here and asking questions about Thor's quality and customer service.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #9

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
From my understanding the Aria is taking the place of the Tuscany XTE. Slightly lower MSRP but identical floorplans. I bought a 2016 36MQ and looked at the new Aria when I was in for service and asked about it. He stated customers were confusing the XTE with the Tuscany coach which is a higher level coach.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #10

Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
Aria

Looks like a dumbed down Tuscany. Biggest short coming to me is the 6.7L Cummins instead of the ISL8.9L. ISL is barely enough with our Tuscany 40dx. Still uses the troubled Schwintec slide on the BR. Probably has the great workmanship (sic) as the Tuscany?
Old 04-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #11

State: Washington
THOR #7072
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy99 View Post
Looks like a dumbed down Tuscany. Biggest short coming to me is the 6.7L Cummins instead of the ISL8.9L. ISL is barely enough with our Tuscany 40dx. Still uses the troubled Schwintec slide on the BR. Probably has the great workmanship (sic) as the Tuscany?
Am I to assume you don't think much of Thor's workmanship/quality?
Old 04-26-2017, 01:16 AM   #12

Model: Aria 3601
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6909
Deb and I are picking up a 3601 tomorrow. We looked at a number of units while we wintered in Florida, Newmar, Tiffin, Winnebago, etc, but kept coming back to the Aria.
We have a friend who is a Newmar advocate that has been working us on quality, but from what we saw as initial quality, the Aria seemed better made and thought out.
Any update on your experience to date?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:31 AM   #13

THOR #6882
We spent 2 nights at our dealer before heading out, allowing us to catch a few very minor issues and have resolved. We have been on 2 separate trips totaling 11 nights with no quality issues. We have learned that the electronic keypads take some getting used to as they are not as straightforward as the switches in our former MH. We went from a gasser class A to this DP and continue to be amazed at how much better the Aria is. Congratulations on your purchase of the Aria 3601. Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #14

State: Delaware
THOR #6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCook View Post
Just wonder if we have any Aria owners yet?

Yes, we picked up ours 3 weeks ago. 3601 love the lay out. Ordered Jan 2,2017 finally came in the first week of April. As usual we had our normal problems you have with a new motorhome.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #15

Model: Aria 3401
State: Texas
THOR #7707
We just purchased an Aria (model 3401) as an upgrade from the Thor Vegas 25.3 we used for about 14 months. Just brought it home 2 days ago & we'll be taking it out for its maiden voyage in less than a week. We did have 2 additional solar panels installed for more dry camping versatility. They're pretty tough to find right now & the factory rep said that orders placed now aren't shipping until December, so we were lucky to snag ours (it was the last one available in our state).

So far, so good although we did have a few minor issues that weren't addressed by the dealer that were addressed today (fantastic service over a holiday weekend!). It's an amazing motor coach & is much easier to drive than the Thor Vegas was!...

One really strange issue was that the fan that's hooked into the solar/inductor system stayed on for about 15 hours after the coach was powered down (but we had the house batteries still connected). Once we disabled/turned off the house batteries, the fan turned off. The technician who took care of the other issues told us that it was normal for the fan to run for hours and hours after the coach was powered down. I couldn't find anything that talked about this in any of the manuals anywhere or on any other forums, so I thought I'd mention it here.

It's a stunningly beautiful motor coach! I'm looking forward to using it for many years. :-)
Old 05-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #16

THOR #6882
Joyeuse,

Congratulations on your new 3401. We have put about 3000 miles on our 3901 since taking delivery on 3/14. We like you mentioned had a hard time finding one to even look at and then were lucky to get this one that was already on order.

I have noticed as you mentioned that solar/inductor system fan can run for a long time. We had to learn a few of the bed slide quirks, but I think we have it figured out. We had a water leak behind the washer due to a loose connection.

The Aria is easier to drive than our previous Georgetown 364TS. It has been a pleasure so far. We are very happy.

We'll be going on a trip through South Dakota and Wyoming next month. Hoping for safe, fun travels.

Enjoy your new Aria.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #17

Model: OMNI XG32
State: Florida
THOR #8136
Yes, bought one and picked it on May 16, 2017. It is the new 2018 model with floor plan 3901 (Sapphire). We love it.
tomdigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:57 AM   #18

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdigate View Post
Yes, bought one and picked it on May 16, 2017. It is the new 2018 model with floor plan 3901 (Sapphire). We love it.
Nice
Old 07-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #19

State: Arkansas
THOR #8270
We are picking up our 3601 next week! Looking forward to sharing our experience.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #20

State: California
THOR #8228
Floor plan reminds me of my 34.2 Miramar, slightly bigger, is it a diesel pusher?

Tags
3901, aria