Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #1

State: Arkansas
THOR #10401
Aria Owners

Any new Aria owners out there willing to talk about problems they’ve had so far?

Rob

Old 01-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Aria issues.

Hi Rob,
There are a couple of active threads out there right now. CSR started one that is very well written and informative. What are the issues you would like to discuss? What model do you have?
Mike
Old 01-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
You might be surprised to learn that your problems are not unique regardless of what particular model you've picked up. There are design consistencies that you'll still share with other Class A motorhomes as well.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #4

State: Arkansas
THOR #10401
Hi Mike - we are considering the 4000. The Aria is only what 2-3 seasons old at most? Just seems like a lot less info out there but figured I’d try to learn about any common issues to understand them ahead of time.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #5

State: Idaho
THOR #9660
They only introduced that floor plan in the last couple of months, so the level of feedback with that particular unit will be limited. I think that most systems will be common to the other Arias out there. Except for that toilet in the slide. And , purely my opinion, where it is located, I really don't think it will be an issue. Manufacturers have been putting sinks and dishwashers in slides for years. I'd love to have that 71 gallon gray tank.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #6
GKM

State: Kentucky
THOR #20704
The Aria 4000 has a flex hose under the bed from the Master bath toilet and it will come off and make a mess on the floor. I found this out the hard way. Check the hose and its
pull ties and make sure everything is tight.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:46 AM   #7

Model: Aria 3601
THOR #20848
We bought our 2019 Aria 3601 very gently used. Previous owner only had it 28 days and she had 4331 mi. when we took delivery and 1150 of those were the drive from Elkhart to Tampa. We're headed back to the dealership over Halloween weekend with a laundry list of things that need to be repaired under the remaining factory warranty (Good until July of 2021). They will be replacing a section of wallpaper in the MBR that's delaminating, replacing the latch on one of the luggage compartment doors, replacing one Back-up light that's accumulating water (for the 2nd time), aligning the headlights so I stop blinding all the oncoming drivers, installing 2 bolts that are missing on the passenger side mirror, replacing a missing setscrew for the drivers side mirror, repairing or replacing the sofa that has missing and loose hardware and the screw heads on all the large screws stripped out and doing the recall from Cummins on the 6.7L diesel. I think that's most of the list, but Mama may have told them about even more stuff that needs to be looked at. Luckily, we bought our coach from a dealership that gives preferred treatment to buyers of luxury MH'S, so we get to go the the head of the line for service once all the ordered parts have been received. None of these things would have been deal-breakers when we bought the coach, but they are rather annoying on a coach that was purchased by the original owner in July of this year. And since this was our first Class A, I'll know what to look at more in-depth when it's time to move to a different coach.

Tim
Old 10-13-2020, 01:51 AM   #8
GKM

State: Kentucky
THOR #20704
What is the recall about from Cummings?
Old 10-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #9

Model: Aria 3601
THOR #20848
Has something to do with engine calibration. Other than that, the letter I got from the dealer had no specifics.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:04 PM   #10

State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
The Aria 3901 has issues with the 3-trax slide (Schwintek System) getting out of sync because of slideout weight. We have to run the resyncing procedure almost every time.

Also the dropdown bunk is so close it rubs sometimes went putting the driver side slide in/out.

We started putting the bunk down below the top of slide trim and it helped.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 04:14 AM   #11

State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
Another issue

Just finished winterizing the rig and noticed the 1/2 bath wall is bulging. Looks like staples are loose and wall panel may be too big.

I'll fix it and be happy.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aria