Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2015, 01:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Auto Transfer Switch-2013 Thor Palazzo

We are happy new owners of the above ref RV. I was looking at adding the Progressive Industries HW50C Electrical Management System as I have been satisfied with it in previous coaches we have had. However, I have not been able to find the Automatic Transfer Switch on this coach. It is the first one with an external shore power cord that "plugs" into the port on the exterior drivers side over the rear wheel. The battery compartment is behind those wheels but I have not found the ATS there.
I have looked in other compartments (without dissembling anything - yet) with no luck. I have looked in the owners manual and no reference in index or table of conducts to a ATS.
Anybody seen an ATS in a 2013 Palazzo?

If so where?

Thanx in advance for your help.

Bob & BJ
on our way to ournextstop

Old 07-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
This is just a guess but you might try looking under the bed. That is where the ATS in my prior coach was hidden.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I have no idea about that coach
but mine is under the bed, which happens to be where the converter is located.
I suggest working up stream form the converter to find it.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #4

THOR #2248
Thanx for the info. I figured I would work backwards from the power cord plug which is not going to be real easy - but should be not to far! The inverter is in the electrical compartment which is on opposite side and rear compartment.
I will find it and appreciate your time in replying - it helps.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ournextstop View Post
Thanx for the info. I figured I would work backwards from the power cord plug which is not going to be real easy - but should be not to far! The inverter is in the electrical compartment which is on opposite side and rear compartment.
I will find it and appreciate your time in replying - it helps.

One thing you may try is looking around in a compartment in front of or behind the 50 AMP plug. My ATS happens to be in the same compartment but it mounted high and against the ceiling. The only thing that makes it stand out is the white lettering on the case. It is a black box mounted against a black storage compartment wall and ceiling.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #6

THOR #2248
Dave,
I expected it to be in the battery compartment which is just behind the wheel well on drivers side (the plug is over the wheel well) but no luck. The compartment in front of the wheel well is the sanitary compartment and I have not seen it there but have not removed the panel to look behind it. There is a black cover in the next compartment forward but it does not appear to be big enough for an ATS and the wire looms leading in are not big enough for a 50 amp cord.
When I get back on the search I will check closer in the electric compartment where the inverter and its stuff is and under the bed!
Thanx for your input,
Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 PM   #7

THOR #2248
Well if anybody else needs to get to their ATS it is in the compartment under the TV in main living area. It is in the compartment with screwed on cover, not the one with a door. I found it by removing several covers in the bathroom which is were the back of the external shore power plug is and seeing which way the cord from the plug went and then looked in that direction and there was this compartment which I removed the cover from . Interestingly, the cover on the ATS was half off because it had been placed too close to a wall electrical outlet in the compartment. I could not get it on tight but secured it with tape so it is better. When I install the Progressive Industries electrical management system next week I will probably relocate that plug an inch so the cover can be secured.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ournextstop View Post
Well if anybody else needs to get to their ATS it is in the compartment under the TV in main living area. It is in the compartment with screwed on cover, not the one with a door. I found it by removing several covers in the bathroom which is were the back of the external shore power plug is and seeing which way the cord from the plug went and then looked in that direction and there was this compartment which I removed the cover from . Interestingly, the cover on the ATS was half off because it had been placed too close to a wall electrical outlet in the compartment. I could not get it on tight but secured it with tape so it is better. When I install the Progressive Industries electrical management system next week I will probably relocate that plug an inch so the cover can be secured.
Glad you found it. Keep us informed on how the EMS install goes. I would be interested in the outcome.
FMCA - F432054

Tags
ats, electrical systems