Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2017, 12:40 AM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #8957
We just bought a 2013 sprinter Thor Citation and would like advice on how to get TV w

Using TV with Winegard satelite

Old 08-29-2017, 01:41 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Have a 2017 Gemini, with the winegard traveler satellite system. What exactly is your question? I have mine wired to all three sets, use a separate remote for each. The satellite is roof mounted, one button inside, it deploys, finds the three satellites it needs, when its time to travel, one button, automatically folds it down flat on the roof.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:51 AM   #3

THOR #8957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Have a 2017 Gemini, with the winegard traveler satellite system. What exactly is your question? I have mine wired to all three sets, use a separate remote for each. The satellite is roof mounted, one button inside, it deploys, finds the three satellites it needs, when its time to travel, one button, automatically folds it down flat on the roof.

Ours does not flatten to roof. We have only one set but when doing a channel search we usually only get two or three channels. Is there a way to get more channels. Do you use a Cable provider or something to get more channels.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:10 AM   #4

THOR #7430
No cable provider. Just have to be in an area where they have digital TV. There is a little button on the outlet where the TV is plugged in call the cable booster and if you push it in it seems to give me more channels when I'm scanning. Sometimes it won't scan at all and I just do all the wire and it seems to pick up 17 or more. The TVs and RVs are finicky
Old 08-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #5

THOR #8957
Thanks will try that.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
If you are talking about a digital antennae, then you need to scan for channels that are in whatever area you are in. If you are talking about a satellite dish, you will need a subscription to either dish or direct TV. Some of the satellite systems will only work with direct. Depends on which you have.