Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Tables not tanks.... Duh...

Old 05-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Not all Axis/Vegas floorplans are the same.

Even if you could rotate drivers’ seat 180 degrees, would you want to if there is a couch or dinette directly behind? Floorplans like 25.2 without a slide behind driver are different than a 24.1.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #23

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Chance, that's the rest of what I was trying to say. On the 25.2, a 90 degree swivel is about right anyway, due to the couch right behind. Another thing is no place for your feet if you swivel more than the 90.

I don't want dedicated storage for my little table. If I did, I would rig up a bracket to hold it in the closet, like the later models have only better.

JMHO, the table storage behind the couch on the 24.1 seems like wasted space to me!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:39 AM   #24

THOR #2121
Yeah, we all have different tastes; partly based on different needs.

We prefer a comfortable dinette to a couch in part because there is nothing to store. A dinette table is dropped to make a bed, but otherwise it stays in place, and out of the way of normal traffic.

Most dinettes can sit 4 instead of 2 or 3. They normally stick into aisle less than a couch when combined with dining table, and the larger dinette table surface can be used for food prep or set up coffee maker, etc.

Our small Class C had both a dinette and a couch, and the dinette got a lot more use. And in our case, since we had a dinette, the couch didn’t have a table.

I’d like to see Thor offer the option, like they do on other models, to have a dinette or couch. A 25.2 floorplan with a dinette could also benefit from mounting living room TV off bathroom wall. That way 4 people could view it directly at eye level.

The biggest problem I find with dinettes is that they all seem uncomfortable to sit for long periods. The back cushions are usually too low, and aren’t angled/tilted back at all.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #25

State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
Hi all, hope all's well. We currently have a '14 Axis 24.1 and it's great fun, but the wife is not happy with the interior, too dark, and the bed arrangement is not working for her. I'm almost agreeing a deal on a '16 Vegas 25.2 with the rear slide out and the better bathroom. Am I right in saying it will be on the E450 chassis and will there be enough room at the front without the sofa slide? Anyone else have one? Any advice appreciated, thanks.
I'm happy with 2016 25.2. I replaced table with small single pedestal that we move around as needed. It is roomy enough for thoughtful folk. Mine is on E450
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #26

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #4466
We love our 25.2 Axis. It is a 2017 purchased in late 2016. We wanted just enough room to get out of each other's way from time to time. The Denver mattress was a big surprise! I would rather sleep on it than our bed at home. It is firm and super comfy. The other great advantage of the 25.2 is the couch. We looked at so many that had those narrow little couches that were difficult for us to be comfy on. The 25.2 couch is 6 feet long and with the arms removed is a great bed without unfolding it. Love it! Great for slouching and naps or the occasional escape from someone's snoring. The larger shower has simply expanded our storage space. Rides and handles great. I've found the handling to be very good and spending a fortune for suspension aftermarket parts as some seem to find necessary has been unnecessary for our Axis.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:56 PM   #27

State: North Carolina
THOR #6919
Enough toom

No, without the slide it's tight. I had an 2017 axis 25.5 with bathroom in back. Traded it in for 2018 winnebago spirit class c. Don't like Thor..... look at the new one that has 2 slides.....best of both worlds if your set on the thor. Wish I had waited for the new model with 2 slides, you won't be disappointed!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:55 PM   #28

THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr View Post
No, without the slide it's tight. I had an 2017 axis 25.5 with bathroom in back. Traded it in for 2018 winnebago spirit class c. Don't like Thor..... look at the new one that has 2 slides.....best of both worlds if your set on the thor. Wish I had waited for the new model with 2 slides, you won't be disappointed!
We looked at the rear bath model 25.5 when it came out. There was a lot of outside storage sacrificed for the rear bath model. We felt the 25.2 had the best compromise of living space and storage space, at least for us.
Winnebago makes fine coaches. Hope you enjoy yours to the max. Our first motorized rv was a class c. We felt the overhang limited vision and the forward area was wasted. It always aggravated me that I had to turn on the lights to read the dash gauges even when the sun was bright. This was before some class c models came out with swivel seats and the table that could be put in between them. Some overhangs are also not so long as our 2003. Changes, always changes.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Old 05-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #29

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Hi all, hope all's well. We currently have a '14 Axis 24.1 and it's great fun, but the wife is not happy with the interior, too dark, and the bed arrangement is not working for her. I'm almost agreeing a deal on a '16 Vegas 25.2 with the rear slide out and the better bathroom. Am I right in saying it will be on the E450 chassis and will there be enough room at the front without the sofa slide? Anyone else have one? Any advice appreciated, thanks.
DO NOT make the mistake I made. Our first RV was a 2017 Axis 25.2. Seemed big when we walked in it the first time. As the months went by it got smaller and smaller. I'm 6'6" and my wife is 5'9". Bed slide out in the back but no slide out for the kitchen. No living space at all which for us, we realized, was a big deal. We went RV shopping after 9 months. We wanted a king bed, large living area with a dinette to have more of a home feel and after we decided on a 2018 Windsport 29 m, we took out the sofa and installed a pair of Thomas Payne recliners with massage. We LOVE IT!!!! Plenty of room, more storage and lots of little things we didn't think about like the outside kitchen and the driver and passenger fans. If a queen bed is ok for you, let me recommend the Freedom Traveler. They make a 27 and a 30 footer. Nice floor plan with kitchen slide out and bedroom slide out. Roomy and I think it's on the F53 chassis. Glad we got one with a king bed, much better for us. Hope this helps? Never heard many people say, " Wish I got a smaller RV".... A rookie mistake on my part!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #30

THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
DO NOT make the mistake I made. Our first RV was a 2017 Axis 25.2. Seemed big when we walked in it the first time. As the months went by it got smaller and smaller. I'm 6'6" and my wife is 5'9". Bed slide out in the back but no slide out for the kitchen. No living space at all which for us, we realized, was a big deal. We went RV shopping after 9 months. We wanted a king bed, large living area with a dinette to have more of a home feel and after we decided on a 2018 Windsport 29 m, we took out the sofa and installed a pair of Thomas Payne recliners with massage. We LOVE IT!!!! Plenty of room, more storage and lots of little things we didn't think about like the outside kitchen and the driver and passenger fans. If a queen bed is ok for you, let me recommend the Freedom Traveler. They make a 27 and a 30 footer. Nice floor plan with kitchen slide out and bedroom slide out. Roomy and I think it's on the F53 chassis. Glad we got one with a king bed, much better for us. Hope this helps? Never heard many people say, " Wish I got a smaller RV".... A rookie mistake on my part!
Many thanks for your advice, we've had 36' and 30' RV's 2 and 3 slides and, although I love the size and space, they're just too big to use on Irish roads. We've had our 24.1 for 2 years and enjoy it a lot, it's small by US standards, but big by European standards. We want to change to a 25.2 because we prefer rear bed and the bathroom is much better. The 25.2 will be large compared to European motorhomes most of which are only about 6ft 6 inches wide.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:21 PM   #31

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and agree that someone who is much over six feet tall will probably be uncomfortable in any camper queen bed. I know folks who have traded their Vegas or Axis for a F-53 Class A, but even more who are happy with their E-350 or E-450 Vegas/Axis. We traded our 33' Class A for a Vegas 25.2 three years ago, and have no desire to go back. It's different strokes for different folks. This is why it is recommended that folks shopping for their first RV do at least one rental first! We don't all like the same type of shoes and we don't all like the same RVs. Vive la difference! We are happy, glad you are too!
Old 05-28-2018, 02:22 AM   #32

THOR #2121
Quote:
Many thanks for your advice, we've had 36' and 30' RV's 2 and 3 slides and, although I love the size and space, they're just too big to use on Irish roads. We've had our 24.1 for 2 years and enjoy it a lot, it's small by US standards, but big by European standards. We want to change to a 25.2 because we prefer rear bed and the bathroom is much better. The 25.2 will be large compared to European motorhomes most of which are only about 6ft 6 inches wide.
How do Thor Axis/Vegas prices compare to European motorhomes there?
Old 05-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #33

THOR #4466
For us the 25.2 would be perfect if it offered the twin/king bed option and kept the 76" jackknife sofa.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Old 06-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #34

THOR #9936
Woohoo!!! Boy are we happy with the 25.2. Such a difference after the 24.1.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #35
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Woohoo!!! Boy are we happy with the 25.2. Such a difference after the 24.1.
Change your profile to the 25.2--still says 24.1.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #36

THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
How do Thor Axis/Vegas prices compare to European motorhomes there?
It's hard to compare as there are so few small RV's here and more small C's than small A's. We've had 2 large A's and, now 2 small A's, which are much easier to live with on our smaller roads, campsites etc. Price wise I find RV's much better value than EU motorhomes, very few of which have slide outs unless you want to go to the £200k/$240k budget. The build quality of most RV's seems to be worse than EU vehicles, although they can be substandard also, the first thing I do when I get a new (to me) RV is get a pack of zip ties and tie up all the loose cables etc., gey some mudflaps to imrove the spray suppression then get some Waxoil rust preventor and go around the underside. There is 1 dealership in England that brings in new Thor RV's and they have a Vegas 25.5 at £115k/$135k a lot of money compared to what you guys pay and a lot of that is import taxes and the cost to change to 230v and change the lights, but still good value
Personally, I wouldn't own anything other than an a US RV and, with the Vegas, Thor have overcome the main draw back in Europe ie. size.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:39 AM   #37

THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Change your profile to the 25.2--still says 24.1.
Thanks, forgot that, just gotta' get the profile pic. changed .
Old 06-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #38

THOR #2121
Quote:

.....cut.... There is 1 dealership in England that brings in new Thor RV's and they have a Vegas 25.5 at £115k/$135k a lot of money compared to what you guys pay and a lot of that is import taxes and the cost to change to 230v and change the lights, but still good value ......cut.....

What does that electrical conversion involve? Do they replace air conditioner, microwave, generator, etc. to 230 Volts also? Do they rewire entire house? Or do they install some kind of transformer to allow you to plug into 230V? If so, what about outlets in coach? Seems really expensive either way.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #39

THOR #9936
Hi Chance, they replace all the sockets to UK ones, the microwave, a.c. and generator are left 110v with a step down transformer. The generator has a step up transformer to 230v and the tv's are changed to 230v all our hookups are 230v of course. All very clever and adds £$1000's to the cost !! I'm in the process of adding 2 x 100w solar panels and a 1000w inverter to our Vegas as we go away off site a lot and it's great to be self sufficient for a few days.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #40

THOR #2121
Quote:
Hi Chance, they replace all the sockets to UK ones, the microwave, a.c. and generator are left 110v with a step down transformer. The generator has a step up transformer to 230v and the tv's are changed to 230v all our hookups are 230v of course. All very clever and adds £$1000's to the cost !! I'm in the process of adding 2 x 100w solar panels and a 1000w inverter to our Vegas as we go away off site a lot and it's great to be self sufficient for a few days.
Thanks much Paul. So I guess you end up with two power panels, one at 115V and one at 230V (in addition to 12VDC). A/C, microwave, fridge, water heater, etc stays on original 115V panel. Then you’d have a separate panel to feed outlets/sockets, much like we might have if installing an Inverter to power all plugs throughout the coach — just at a different voltage.

Thanks again. I was curious to see what may be involved going from Euro 230V to US 115V, which may be worse because wiring may be sized for less current.