Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Axis 25.5 floorplan discontinued

The Axis 25.5 floorplan is no longer shown on Thor site, nor are the specs.

What do you think, are they making room for a new floorplan to be introduced at Hershey Show? Or are they just cutting costs by eliminating slow movers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	808CBA5F-CD89-47EE-8BDE-68E0B62E5B43.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	12639  

Old 09-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Wow that didn't last long!

Still on the Vegas site..interesting.

Thor was having issues with the website a day or so ago; who knows.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #3

THOR #2121
Thor hasn’t always updated Axis and Vegas sites simultaneously; but up to now they have always offered same floor plans on both Axis and Vegas, so I’m fairly sure the Vegas site will also show the 25.5 eliminated in time.

Anyway, they haven’t been down to just 4 floor plans in years, so there is hope they may come up with something new.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thor hasn’t always updated Axis and Vegas sites simultaneously; but up to now they have always offered same floor plans on both Axis and Vegas, so I’m fairly sure the Vegas site will also show the 25.5 eliminated in time.

Anyway, they haven’t been down to just 4 floor plans in years, so there is hope they may come up with something new.
I always liked the old 2016 version of 25.2 & the newer 25.5. Like the fact when tailgating or entertaining more seating options, especially if raining. 25.5 would have been my upgrade. I like the idea of having a "bed" without hauling around a bedroom.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Maybe Thor is finally getting the message that having holes in the floor where poles fit for a heavy table isn't all that popular.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #6

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
I always liked the old 2016 version of 25.2 & the newer 25.5. Like the fact when tailgating or entertaining more seating options, especially if raining. 25.5 would have been my upgrade. I like the idea of having a "bed" without hauling around a bedroom.
My wife and I feel exactly the same way about smaller motorhomes since we are used to van campers with limited space, but not sure how a compact Axis would go over in North America if it didn’t have a dedicated bed and or bedroom. There are some As and Cs that way, but not many.

I would like to see a 24~25 footer similar to the 24.1 floor plan but with the rear beds set up as a huge U-shaped lounge area for the reason you mentioned — extra seating and dining when entertaining or tailgating. With that arrangement, I’d replace the front couch with half dinette to provide a second forward-facing seating/dining area in front. That should save enough room to provide a larger bathroom than 24.1 plus keep length in 24~25 range.

When traveling alone, a rear lounge area like one pictured here could be left made up as a bed. Or not. We’d have the option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AE5A56E5-E55B-43E6-814C-08D54E82E84A.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	12641  
Old 09-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Let's all hope that the show in Hershey yields a pleasant surprise for all of us!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
That is how my last Minnie Winnie class c was set up horseshoe dinning area then made into a bed if needed. 4 us perfect combo.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #9

THOR #2121
Yes, bedrooms proportionally take up a lot of space in smaller RVs.

Our 24-foot Class C had a couch and a dinette, plus the large overcab bed. We didn’t mind the 5 minutes it took to make the beds, or put them away. By not having a bedroom, it provided space for large bathroom and kitchen at rear of motorhome.

Combining the equivalent space of our couch and dinette into rear lounge area would work even better for us. And for those who don’t want to make the bed daily, there is now the option of a simpler mechanism to have an elevated bed that lowers over the lounge. In a space crunch (like visiting grandkids), the upper bed can be lowered part way to provide a queen bed over the lower twin beds. Plus there would still be the bed over the cab area.

I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t limit length to 24~25 foot range which seems to be the sweet spot for not needing a toad.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #10

THOR #2121
The news release below doesn’t state Thor will have a new Axis floor plan at Hershey, but states all brands will have something new. Since Thor didn’t mention a new Axis floor plan by number, I’d have to guess it’s not happening. Hope my guess is wrong though.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/news/...rshey-rv-show/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
All brands including Aria®, Challenger®, Chateau®, Citation®, Four Winds®, Hurricane®, Miramar®, Outlaw® Toy Haulers, Siesta®, Tuscany®, Venetian®, Windsport®, and Thor Motor Coach’s RUV™ motorhomes Axis®, Vegas®, Compass® and Gemini® have something new to offer during Hershey. Find Thor Motor Coach at Booth B4. For more details on the show, visit thormotorcoach.com/events.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Right they just have "something new" but not necessarily a new floorplan (new "feature" or "option" or something).
Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #12

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
New and impoved, "Now with 2# more screws per a unit hidden away".

Its like an east egg hunt. Were did they hide them all? Only time will tell. LOL

A year later and im still finding screws but with no home for them. I just save for later - I always find a new spot that needs a screwing.

Elon Musk thought he was the first with "easter eggs" and Autos. But the RV industry had been doing it for decades.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
New and impoved, "Now with 2# more screws per a unit hidden away".

Its like an east egg hunt. Were did they hide them all? Only time will tell. LOL

A year later and im still finding screws but with no home for them. I just save for later - I always find a new spot that needs a screwing.

Elon Musk thought he was the first with "easter eggs" and Autos. But the RV industry had been doing it for decades.
Just a year? I'm still finding them 4 years later!
Old 09-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #14

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Just a year? I'm still finding them 4 years later!
Yeah but i been actively seeking them out too. I have opened up every nook and crany of the rv checking and fixing stuff.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:39 AM   #15

State: Minnesota
THOR #8583
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
Maybe Thor is finally getting the message that having holes in the floor where poles fit for a heavy table isn't all that popular.
We like it because my husband still works while we snowbird so he sets up the table for the computer and paperwork and I can close him off and be in the front. I guess to each their own.