Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2022, 01:53 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Of course, wasn't looking for it there.

Might make for a little quieter genny with that long of an exhaust pipe.

This reminds me that many years ago we discussed (I suggested ) that Thor should have placed the 24.1 generator under the slide and away from bedroom to make sleeping area quieter, and more importantly to create a larger pass-through garage under beds. Back then generators were rarely located under slides, but more recently Thor and others are extending exhaust pipe quite a distance when needed.

For what it’s worth, I still don’t see how the 24.4 can have as much exterior storage as specs indicate. If trying to haul large items, the depth of compartment behind entry door may be limiting dimension. I’m wondering if large folding chairs would fit.

Old 01-22-2022, 02:33 AM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
This reminds me that many years ago we discussed (I suggested ) that Thor should have placed the 24.1 generator under the slide and away from bedroom to make sleeping area quieter, and more importantly to create a larger pass-through garage under beds. Back then generators were rarely located under slides, but more recently Thor and others are extending exhaust pipe quite a distance when needed.

For what it’s worth, I still don’t see how the 24.4 can have as much exterior storage as specs indicate. If trying to haul large items, the depth of compartment behind entry door may be limiting dimension. I’m wondering if large folding chairs would fit.
Yeah want to see one in person.

One of the differences I notice in this one is the side storage area in the middle:

The wheelbase is only 6" shorter than the other models. On ours there is two storage areas there instead of one which would imply that this one is a bit bigger--at least lengthwise.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2203.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	35738

In addition, if the generator is under the slide then that hatch at the rear probably covers the propane tank (where the generator is is where the propane usually is).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:36 AM   #23

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Last two motorhomes we have owned the genny has been under the bed.
Actually, we never notice the noise anymore. Genny only runs at night in a rest area or truck stop parking lot to run the A/C. Trucks are idling all around anyway. The wife and I like the white noise.

As far as the new 24.4 I really like the use of the E 450 again. I would also think it should have a little better OCCC. (Wonder why they won't put that number in the spec sheet) Same overall length as a 24.1 and 6" shorter wheelbase now that is interesting.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:20 PM   #24

THOR #2121
Quote:
Yeah want to see one in person.

One of the differences I notice in this one is the side storage area in the middle:

The wheelbase is only 6" shorter than the other models. On ours there is two storage areas there instead of one which would imply that this one is a bit bigger--at least lengthwise.
Attachment 35738

In addition, if the generator is under the slide then that hatch at the rear probably covers the propane tank (where the generator is is where the propane usually is).
One site had a good picture of that compartment, which seems fairly large, but not for bulky items like a cooler, not to mention a bicycle even with wheels removed.

Specs show outside storage at 63.5 cubic feet for 24.1, 42.9 for 24.3, and 53.5 for new 24.4 floor plan. I expected a greater difference from 24.1 because of its large rear compartment. I’m just speculating, but both units seem similar except take away the 24.1 rear storage which should be much more than 10 cubic feet. Something doesn’t add up visually to me, but it wouldn’t be the first time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8A50880A-694D-443D-A64A-8AE3D15A14B3.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	35742   Click image for larger version

Name:	0BE6AEA4-70E2-4928-ABBC-9699BD60C301.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	35743  

Old 01-22-2022, 02:39 PM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
One site had a good picture of that compartment, which seems fairly large, but not for bulky items like a cooler, not to mention a bicycle even with wheels removed.

Specs show outside storage at 63.5 cubic feet for 24.1, 42.9 for 24.3, and 53.5 for new 24.4 floor plan. I expected a greater difference from 24.1 because of its large rear compartment. I’m just speculating, but both units seem similar except take away the 24.1 rear storage which should be much more than 10 cubic feet. Something doesn’t add up visually to me, but it wouldn’t be the first time.
Yeah I noticed that there was only 10sq ft difference without any obvious large storage spot (even looking at the interior photos you can't really see somewhere that they could put some).

There could be some more on the drivers side under the slide but none of that would be large enough for a folding chair or a grill.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:32 PM   #26

THOR #2121
Quote:
Yeah I noticed that there was only 10sq ft difference without any obvious large storage spot (even looking at the interior photos you can't really see somewhere that they could put some).

There could be some more on the drivers side under the slide but none of that would be large enough for a folding chair or a grill.

Are you saying even less “utility” in latest Recreational Utility Vehicle?

Latest two floor plans have reverted to smaller 24.1 size , and have added interior living space with multiple seating areas (couch + dinette), but outside storage doesn’t seem as high a priority.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:31 PM   #27

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
On ours there is two storage areas there instead of one which would imply that this one is a bit bigger--at least lengthwise.
Attachment 35738
2018 and later Axis/Vegas 24.1 all have single storage door on passenger side to accommodate the exterior propane connection.

https://mhsrv.com/2018-thor-motor-co...-a-tx-i2315954

On my 2017 I added the exterior propane connection between the two doors
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	82659A08-A6E9-4687-9AE8-E9BFDC1D4C6D.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	35749  
Old 01-23-2022, 03:37 PM   #28

THOR #2121
Quote:

Following up on outside storage:

A better picture from a different dealer confirms there are no additional exterior compartments on driver side that would explain specs. I have to think it was a typo or a number someone just made up until they could measure volume. Specs on 25.6 and 27.7 indicated +/- 36 cubic feet, and both of those essentially had the same compartments as the 24.4, plus they also had additional outside storage under bed, plus in case of 25.6, in slide, and for 27.7 under couch on passenger side. Would not the new 24.4 be much less than 36 cubic feet by comparison?

Note on picture below that generator exhaust is just in front of rear wheels, so they did not route forward out from under slide like in other 24.4 motorhome. It would be good to know if it’s a design revision because they believe it is safe, or if it was a manufacturing mistake that got past quality control.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B662E300-6C00-4CFF-8413-0B196E2E46E0.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	35782  
Old 01-23-2022, 04:19 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Following up on outside storage:

A better picture from a different dealer confirms there are no additional exterior compartments on driver side that would explain specs. I have to think it was a typo or a number someone just made up until they could measure volume. Specs on 25.6 and 27.7 indicated +/- 36 cubic feet, and both of those essentially had the same compartments as the 24.4, plus they also had additional outside storage under bed, plus in case of 25.6, in slide, and for 27.7 under couch on passenger side. Would not the new 24.4 be much less than 36 cubic feet by comparison?

Note on picture below that generator exhaust is just in front of rear wheels, so they did not route forward out from under slide like in other 24.4 motorhome. It would be good to know if it’s a design revision because they believe it is safe, or if it was a manufacturing mistake that got past quality control.
Or that isn't a picture of a 24.4: It is also missing the rear window over the toilet as shown in Thor's Vegas gallery pics:

and on the Axis in Tucson:
Old 01-23-2022, 05:02 PM   #30

THOR #2121
Quote:
Or that isn't a picture of a 24.4: It is also missing the rear window over the toilet as shown in Thor's Vegas gallery pics:

and on the Axis in Tucson:

I’m certain it is 24.4 from interior layout. It appears the bathroom window over toilet was discontinued during final design. If we look at floor plan, it does not show a window there. And pictures from other sites I had saved as reminder of how tight many motorhomes look with slide retracted also show no window over toilet.

Or it could be opposite I suppose, where they added the window over toilet after initial units and haven’t updated the floor plan. A window there makes sense to me. I’d always want to be able to see in all directions from a parked RV.

P.S. — Note 24.4 in post #17 also did not have bathroom window over toilet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53B6B88F-EA40-4C6F-9083-F7AE49EADC1E.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	35785   Click image for larger version

Name:	F44F5255-8B5F-4A83-ADE8-8109C587B03D.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	35786  

Name:	FCDACEEA-D05B-4524-9FFA-0384755463F3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	35787  
Old 01-23-2022, 05:23 PM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
I’m certain it is 24.4 from interior layout. It appears the bathroom window over toilet was discontinued during final design. If we look at floor plan, it does not show a window there. And pictures from other sites I had saved as reminder of how tight many motorhomes look with slide retracted also show no window over toilet.

Or it could be opposite I suppose, where they added the window over toilet after initial units and haven’t updated the floor plan. A window there makes sense to me. I’d always want to be able to see in all directions from a parked RV.

P.S. — Note 24.4 in post #17 also did not have bathroom window over toilet.
Or an Axis/Vegas distinction? Or just "every other coach going down the line gets a rear window" thing? The guy with the saw was out today?
Old 01-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #32

THOR #2121
Quote:
Or an Axis/Vegas distinction? Or just "every other coach going down the line gets a rear window" thing? The guy with the saw was out today?

I’ll buy the latter.

Unit in post #17 also an Axis, so we have one with and one without window. Seriously don’t see that as a big issue. Window appears uncommon in size and maybe they had supply issues getting it, so built first units without it.

Similar motorhome floor plans have windows in bathroom (like 24.3), so maybe the design revision is indeed to add it on new units.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:40 PM   #33
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
They have also updated the brochure to include the 24.4:

https://media.thormotorcoach.com/med...22-oh-axis.pdf

Interesting that the brochure says the wheelbase is 188" and not 182"...which one is the typo?

My guess: the 182" is the typo--far easier for Thor if they all had the same wheelbase.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:10 PM   #34
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Just got back from a dealer talking to a sales guy about the 24.4. He called his Thor rep and was on the phone for about 20 minutes furiously scribbling notes LOL (of course the guy on the phone could have said "we'll talk for a while, just write a bunch of notes down and then make something up" but I kind of doubt that).

Apparently late summer Thor told the dealers "We're going to convert all your 25.6 orders to this new 24.4 floorplan but we're not going to start building them until next year".

Hopefully they didn't do that to any customers that had a 25.6 on order..I'd hate to be that person "we really love the 25.6, wait what???"

At this point in time only 3 examples of that coach exist and they are all in the Southwest.

The dealer I was talking to said the ETA on their units is mid-March.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:44 PM   #35

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
24.1?

While I like to shop, conclusion for us is that we will keep our 2018 24.1: outside TV, great access to storage beneath, lots of windows including rear… Just wondering about the size of this refrigerator. Looks a little bigger than The 6 ft.³. This design would make sense to me… Just make the slide a little bigger, and maybe the bathroom could be a little bigger. Not sure if my spatial abilities are working well here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7B153C41-FF54-436A-B5DE-E2BF9218EE34.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	35825  
Old 01-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #36

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarshore View Post
While I like to shop, conclusion for us is that we will keep our 2018 24.1: outside TV, great access to storage beneath, lots of windows including rear… Just wondering about the size of this refrigerator. Looks a little bigger than The 6 ft.³. This design would make sense to me… Just make the slide a little bigger, and maybe the bathroom could be a little bigger. Not sure if my spatial abilities are working well here.

I can’t follow your logic.

Unless the motorhome is made larger/longer, making the slide longer will make the small bathroom even smaller.

Larger is going in wrong direction in my opinion. I suggest (and have suggested in past) that eliminating the slide saves about a foot in length, which if added to bathroom, will make it much roomier with standard 24X36 shower. Eliminating slide also makes it easier to relocate generator under jack knife couch, or preferably a dinette option. This also makes it possible to raise Twin beds a little to make room below for a full pass thru bike/gear garage with outside storage over 100 cubic feet.

The whole revision could be a “Touring Package” option, or they could designate the floor plan as a new unit. If it were up to me, I would make the entire unit a little shorter and smaller also, and call it 22.1 or 23.1 (depending on length) and offer it at a reduced price point.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:19 AM   #37

Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Nice floorplan and looks very open/roomy with the Murphy bed. What I don't understand is why aren't they putting a shower door in instead of the awful and clingy curtain?
Old 01-29-2022, 01:05 PM   #38
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
Nice floorplan and looks very open/roomy with the Murphy bed. What I don't understand is why aren't they putting a shower door in instead of the awful and clingy curtain?
I don't think any Axis/Vegas unit has ever come with a shower door.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:09 PM   #39

THOR #2121
A standard single-piece hinged door would probably hit toilet before it would open enough for larger individuals, so it would need to be a little more involved (perhaps multiple panels or roll-up type?). That could add cost?
Old 01-29-2022, 02:58 PM   #40
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
A standard single-piece hinged door would probably hit toilet before it would open enough for larger individuals, so it would need to be a little more involved (perhaps multiple panels or roll-up type?). That could add cost?
Could be a sliding one with the fixed part in front of the toilet. Of course that may not leave enough room to get in/out of the shower, however.

Then it would have to be secured for travel. Fabric seems soo much easier LOL.