Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Axis-Vegas sewer hose storage

FWIW, here are a few pictures of the sewer hose storage tube I installed recently. This was not an easy installation and you may find a better location for stowage of the hose. At first, I thought there was plenty of space for the 90 deg. ell between the propane tank and the dump compartment, but the ell was a little larger than planned; a tight fit, but it did fit.
On the plus side it is convenient to the dump outlet and is up out of the way. And, it beats stowing the sewer hose in a compartment taking up clean storage space.

The only materials locally available was 6" pvc sewer-drain pipe and fittings. It is light weight and easy to work. If 5" pipe was available, it would be a much better fit into the tight spaces along the frame. Not sure if 5" is available. I had to collapse the wall of the pipe to a slight oval shape along the length toward the blind end to fit it into the recess area that was available. The tube is 62" long not counting the inlet to the ell and can accommodate my 15-20ft. Rino hose and fittings. I had a similar setup on my other MH, but was much easier to install and had an open space for the tube.
Hope this helps with your hose.......oh, did I mention, this was not an easy installation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inlet ~ 45 deg.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blind end.JPG
Views:	763
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	136  

Click image for larger version

Name:	90 deg ell.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inlet view.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	138  

Old 11-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Wow! That is pretty impressive. My sewer hose solution, although similar, was much simpler and detailed in this thread:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...-3-go-820.html
I used a plastic fence post instead of PVC pipe (an option with the fence post is to get some plastic gutter which fits inside the post perfectly and can be used as a shelf. I had some gutter but the drop down sides on the Axis prevented me from extending the shelf enough to be useful).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Nice job. Looks snug as a bug in a rug...uh...camper.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Nice.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Nice job.

I need to do something like that as I need to drill holes in the bottom of my bumper - where the existing sewer hose storage is - so that I can attach a "skirt" so I don't get rocks and dirt on my toad.

But when I attach screws to the bottom of the bumper, it won't allow me to put the sewer hose in there anymore.

And one other project I am planning is the installation of a set of hydraulic levelers - which I have to do first so that I don't put the sewer hose storage tube in the way of the leveler pistons.

I love to see people doing RV projects.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #6

THOR #1249
Darn! Sure wish I had seen your installation before I started on my hose storage adventure. Yours is very simple and straight forward. Well done.
BTW as a side item, my wife has a sound meter on her phone now, but haven't had a chance to check out the eng. reading on it due to spending to much time on sewer stuff. Will post a reading at 2000 rpm's in neutral and on the road and see what if any difference may exist.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #7
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
FWIW, here are a few pictures of the sewer hose storage tube I installed recently. This was not an easy installation and you may find a better location for stowage of the hose. At first, I thought there was plenty of space for the 90 deg. ell between the propane tank and the dump compartment, but the ell was a little larger than planned; a tight fit, but it did fit.
On the plus side it is convenient to the dump outlet and is up out of the way. And, it beats stowing the sewer hose in a compartment taking up clean storage space.

The only materials locally available was 6" pvc sewer-drain pipe and fittings. It is light weight and easy to work. If 5" pipe was available, it would be a much better fit into the tight spaces along the frame. Not sure if 5" is available. I had to collapse the wall of the pipe to a slight oval shape along the length toward the blind end to fit it into the recess area that was available. The tube is 62" long not counting the inlet to the ell and can accommodate my 15-20ft. Rino hose and fittings. I had a similar setup on my other MH, but was much easier to install and had an open space for the tube.
Hope this helps with your hose.......oh, did I mention, this was not an easy installation?
Can you tell me what those metal straps are that you used to hold up the tube?
Thanks
Old 06-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #8

THOR #1249
The metal straps are light weight perforated strapping available at most hardware stores, Lowes etc. Sometimes called "hanger iron". I think I used #10 or 1/4" screws to fasten to frame.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #9

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
This summer I plan to swap out my rear bumper with this one. I've already had a tree bite my rear bumper. So this will solve the sewer hose issue and the stronger bumper issue.