Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2021, 04:28 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Axxera AVM211NAV question

We bought a gently used 2020 ACE 30.3 about a week ago and it has the Axxera AVM211NAV head unit.

Unlike many here I do like the radio and the navigation feature and really do not want to "upgrade" to another unit. I do have one question. What do I have to enable so I can still listen to music while in navigation mode?

I have read through both, the radio manual and the navigation manual but didn't find anything. Also did a search here but all I get is where people want to replace the radio with something else.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2021, 02:31 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Don't tell anybody but 3yrs. and I still like mine, find a radio station you like then just go to navigation and when you're done and navigation starts your radio should come back on to station you picked, we use Bluetooth for music from our phone for long distance so we don't have to keep hunting for new stations.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:35 AM   #3

THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Don't tell anybody but 3yrs. and I still like mine, find a radio station you like then just go to navigation and when you're done and navigation starts your radio should come back on to station you picked, we use Bluetooth for music from our phone for long distance so we don't have to keep hunting for new stations.
So what you are saying is that it takes a little bit before the radio sound comes back after switching mode to NAV. I was wondering if I can drive with the map displayed (not following route guidance) and listen to music at the same time. I sure can do it in my truck or wife's SUV.

So, now we know that there are actually two forum members who like the factory radio
Old 05-31-2021, 02:29 PM   #4

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
I have the AMV82NAV unit, used it on a long trip and it got me to where I wanted to go, no problem. Just keep it up to date (I needed an update this year) and it will take care of you. BTW, their support staff does listen so, if you have questions on how to use it, get their email address out of your manual and send them an email. They get back to you next day.

I am the third Axxera user that likes their unit.
NG7V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 03:17 AM   #5

THOR #9660
I like mine, too! And you can mute the Nav prompts (or the radio) on ours but it takes a little fiddling. I have never found instructions on how to do it, I just keep trying until it works. When neither are muted, the prompts pause the music for a second but it comes back on.
Mike
Old 06-03-2021, 12:37 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
I have the same radio. Beware it does have some quirks.
You should go online and download the updated firmware. This helps with the problems switching cameras and also update the navigation maps. Go on Axxeraaudio.com.
Even after the firmware update the radio sound drops when I turn on the turn signals, but comes right back.
FMCA Member
Badmanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #7

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
I cannot say about the radio, but I listened to USB music and nav without problem.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:23 AM   #8

THOR #13744
I slowly figuring things out, messed around in the settings and now I have music while in the nav screen.

Next thing to figure out is why I have a different time (one hour off) when I am in the nav vs. radio screen. I assume one is GPS time while I have the time I set on the radio screen.

I do like the 10" radio but have to say that the 12" head unit in my Ram is easier to navigate (probably costs 5 timres as much though).
Old 06-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #9

State: Florida
THOR #15745
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
I slowly figuring things out, messed around in the settings and now I have music while in the nav screen.

Next thing to figure out is why I have a different time (one hour off) when I am in the nav vs. radio screen. I assume one is GPS time while I have the time I set on the radio screen.

I do like the 10" radio but have to say that the 12" head unit in my Ram is easier to navigate (probably costs 5 timres as much though).
I am glad to see you figured things out. I have the same problem with the time. It has to do with daylight saving time. Must be manually set.
Sometimes my screen is still on NIGHT (dark) even at noon. Then changes to daylight. Very strange nav system. Like I said Very Quarke.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:34 PM   #10

THOR #16876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmanrick View Post
I am glad to see you figured things out. I have the same problem with the time. It has to do with daylight saving time. Must be manually set.
Sometimes my screen is still on NIGHT (dark) even at noon. Then changes to daylight. Very strange nav system. Like I said Very Quarke.
In the settings for the NAV portion, you need to set the GMT offset for your time zone. Today, 6/4, Mountain time is -6 GMT.

They made the DST setting and the Timezone offset mutually exclusive. That is a BUG and I reported it to their support team along with the suggestion that they use timezone names instead of a GMT offset.

Their response was positive and they will include the changes in a future release.

In the meantime, all you can do is disable DST and set your NAV unit's timezone offset to what it should be.

Another thing I reported is that the NAV unit does not take the timezone in consideration when you travel. So, the outcome is that your ETA could be off and reflect the timezone of the location of the departure. That is also very annoying.

Just fixing the time features would go a long way to make this NAV unit a good one.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
I Blue tooth my phone to it and run Pandora while we drive. works great!

Did you get the remote for it? It helps getting around little faster in unit.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #12

THOR #16876
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
I Blue tooth my phone to it and run Pandora while we drive. works great!

Did you get the remote for it? It helps getting around little faster in unit.
Yes I received a remote for it and used it. I like it for handling the radio as you mention. I have used the phone connection feature and streamed some music to it. Very nice in deed.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #13

THOR #13399
And when all else fails RESET push a paperclip into small hole just right of last button to the right on top of unit by rear camera button
Old 06-04-2021, 06:38 PM   #14

Model: Deposit: Chateau 28A
State: Ohio
THOR #22158
I actually like the Axxera radio too. The only problem I have is the dealer doesn’t seem to know how to secure it in the dash. They supposedly fixed it the first time I took it to them however they disconnected the radio in the process so I had to take it back so they could fix that. Now the radio works but it is loose in the dash again. Ugh!
Old 06-09-2021, 02:13 AM   #15

THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG7V View Post
In the settings for the NAV portion, you need to set the GMT offset for your time zone. Today, 6/4, Mountain time is -6 GMT.

They made the DST setting and the Timezone offset mutually exclusive. That is a BUG and I reported it to their support team along with the suggestion that they use timezone names instead of a GMT offset.

Their response was positive and they will include the changes in a future release.

In the meantime, all you can do is disable DST and set your NAV unit's timezone offset to what it should be.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, I'll try that next time I go to the storage lot.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #16

THOR #13399
Thanks NG7V I gave up on the correct time e on NAV a while ago, just used your directions and IT WORKED! Again this site is great.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:14 PM   #17

Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
As an alternative, you can just get an independent GARMIN navigation system and mount it on the windshield or dash. I find the Garmins much better than most factory systems. Garmin makes an RV unit with warnings and locations specific to RVs in addition to its regular line of GPS.
JimC
Old 06-09-2021, 09:40 PM   #18

THOR #13399
My Axxera has me install length width height and weight only thing is it thinks I'm commercial so I'll get a warning in residential areas that I shouldn't use route but I hit dismiss and it continues. Also calculates arrivial with max speed 55mph so time is off can't change max speed but no big deal.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:24 AM   #19

State: Tennessee
THOR #18738
You can go into your settings for what type of vehicle your driving and the warnings, also you may have to update your unit. I had mine replaced because the radio screen was overlapping the navigation screen so CW was told to replace the unit. My new unit only showed 50mph for the maximum posted speed even when I was in a 70mph freeway. Axxera told me to go to Naviextras.com to update my device. I've updated it but haven't tried it yet.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #20

THOR #15476
Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG7V View Post
I have the AMV82NAV unit, used it on a long trip and it got me to where I wanted to go, no problem. Just keep it up to date (I needed an update this year) and it will take care of you. BTW, their support staff does listen so, if you have questions on how to use it, get their email address out of your manual and send them an email. They get back to you next day.

I am the third Axxera user that likes their unit.
... How to update?