Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 24F
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8921
Axxera Radio

New Four Winds, I am having trouble with the Radio/Backup mirror. It works fine as long as I have the power switch on the panel on, however if I am just driving local without the rear power switch on I cannot turn on the radio or use the backup mirror. Has anyone had this problem?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Yes, that's the way it is wired. USE/STORE switch has to be in USE.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #3

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
You may need to push the Mode button in for 2 seconds and normally that gets you back to the radio, push button again if you want radio and camera
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #4

Model: Four winds 24F
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8921
TY for your quick response. Hmm, so the power always needs to be on when driving? Do you know anything about the slide? The other day I had a problem retracting, no power at all. I had to turn on generator to activate the switch.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy217 View Post
TY for your quick response. Hmm, so the power always needs to be on when driving? Do you know anything about the slide? The other day I had a problem retracting, no power at all. I had to turn on generator to activate the switch.
That also could be the use/store switch: In store the slide won't have 12V to move but when you turn on the genny the converter provides 12V power.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #6

THOR #4158
Quote:
Before I move the slide I make sure I'm plugged into shore power or genny running. I have full wall slide and it takes some power for sure
Old 08-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #7
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
New Four Winds, I am having trouble with the Radio/Backup mirror. It works fine as long as I have the power switch on the panel on, however if I am just driving local without the rear power switch on I cannot turn on the radio or use the backup mirror. Has anyone had this problem?
My Axxera just died on my 2018 Windsport. The dealer is waiting for a new replacement from Thor. My radio started turning off on its own, and a few other crazy things before it finally just stopped powering up at all.

Kev
Old 08-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Axxerra Rear speakers

Has anyone hooked up the other two speaker channels on the Axxerra? If so, were they wired in the harness and where are they terminated (I have a new Vegas 24.1 2018 and would like to add the additional two speakers somewhere.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #9

THOR #4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
My Axxera just died on my 2018 Windsport. The dealer is waiting for a new replacement from Thor. My radio started turning off on its own, and a few other crazy things before it finally just stopped powering up at all.

Kev
Wow Kev, good thing it's under warranty but sucks that you now wait for new one. Are you going to make the rally in November?? Jerry
Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Has anyone hooked up the other two speaker channels on the Axxerra? If so, were they wired in the harness and where are they terminated (I have a new Vegas 24.1 2018 and would like to add the additional two speakers somewhere.

I did in my 2016 ACE. They don't pass through the connector to the MH harness so I just tapped into them on the radio side. I looked in the manual to see which color wires went to what.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Question: Have these radios developed a reputation as a known source of trouble?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #12

Model: 31Y
State: Minnesota
THOR #8487
Axxera Radio

I purchased a 2018 Chateau 31Y in June and didn't even get it off the lot before the Axxera AVM70LH started to get glitchy. Dealer put a new one a week later and it worked for about 50 miles and then died. Dealer ordered a third one, but discovered it was (I think) the 2 amp fuse before replacing again.

I really don't like when you use your turn signals and it coverts to the camera you lose your audio! Any fix?
Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #13

Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #9124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
I purchased a 2018 Chateau 31Y in June and didn't even get it off the lot before the Axxera AVM70LH started to get glitchy. Dealer put a new one a week later and it worked for about 50 miles and then died. Dealer ordered a third one, but discovered it was (I think) the 2 amp fuse before replacing again.

I really don't like when you use your turn signals and it coverts to the camera you lose your audio! Any fix?
I have a 2018 Hurricane 29M that had the same problem with turn signals causing audio to be lost. Not only did the radio go silent when turn signals were on it did the same when I shifted into reverse. The other issue I had with the turn signals was that I like to leave the rear camera on when driving so I can see my Jeep. Any time I used the turn signals the monitor would return to the radio screen instead of the camera where I wanted it.

I pulled the radio out from the dash and when I looked at the wiring I found an orange wire labeled "Back View Control". I disconnected that wire and now the cameras work the way I want them to. Shifting to reverse or using the turn signals doesn't automatically switch to camera view and silence the radio but I can manually switch to camera mode and it stays on the camera and switches to the correct side camera when signals are used.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #14

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
My Axxera radio on my new 2018 Freedom Elite is a piece of junk. Volume knob sometimes works but most times does not. When I took it to C.W. couple weeks ago to get some minor things fixed, the darn thing "was" working. Made a short 3 day camping trip last week, of course, did not work. Ready to put a 9mm bullet through it.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #15

THOR #9124
I'll probably be looking for a good replacement eventually but for now I just want to make a few trips without losing sound every time I change lanes.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #16

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
On our 2016, the rear channels are over the couch and front channels are by the dash (25.2)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #17

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Leave the radio displaying the backup camera. Directionals will not have effect on the volume
Old 09-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #18

THOR #9124
I tried leaving it on the rear camera but the way my hurricane was wired there was no way to force it to stay on camera so the signals would switch it to side camera without audio and then it would return to radio screen instead of rear camera. It took disconnecting the wire that signals the camera switch so I could keep the camera view full time unless I wanted to change it.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #19

Model: 31Y
State: Minnesota
THOR #8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBailey View Post
I have a 2018 Hurricane 29M that had the same problem with turn signals causing audio to be lost. Not only did the radio go silent when turn signals were on it did the same when I shifted into reverse. The other issue I had with the turn signals was that I like to leave the rear camera on when driving so I can see my Jeep. Any time I used the turn signals the monitor would return to the radio screen instead of the camera where I wanted it.

I pulled the radio out from the dash and when I looked at the wiring I found an orange wire labeled "Back View Control". I disconnected that wire and now the cameras work the way I want them to. Shifting to reverse or using the turn signals doesn't automatically switch to camera view and silence the radio but I can manually switch to camera mode and it stays on the camera and switches to the correct side camera when signals are used.

Just to be clear then, by disconnecting the orange label "back view control" you are still able to use the back camera in reverse by turning choosing the back up camera on the menu. You lose the automaticity when you put the vehicle into reverse, same for the side view? And audio is not lost?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #20

THOR #9124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
Just to be clear then, by disconnecting the orange label "back view control" you are still able to use the back camera in reverse by turning choosing the back up camera on the menu. You lose the automaticity when you put the vehicle into reverse, same for the side view? And audio is not lost?
Correct, all you lose is the automatic switch to camera. I prefer to choose when I want to see the camera, especially when the automatic switch means losing audio.