Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6675
Four Winds Sale

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but this sale on the new small Four Winds C has really got me going. Seems cheap to me. I'm just wondering why prices would drop 25%+. 58k for brandy new? We went out and looked at a few, waiting for nicer weather for the test drive. I'm hooked for now. What y'all think? Thanks for your help and the forum.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Dealers like MHSRV have the smallest Class C listed at 55K as original price, and will go below that as sale price.

Four Winds Class C, Class C RV, Thor Motor Coach Class C

The listed price is at about 33% off, and who knows what sale price would dip to. These are listed with some options, not the bare bones unit.

Just saying 25% off isn't unusual at all, particularly now that we are close to 2018 models.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by whytwolf View Post
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but this sale on the new small Four Winds C has really got me going. Seems cheap to me. I'm just wondering why prices would drop 25%+. 58k for brandy new? We went out and looked at a few, waiting for nicer weather for the test drive. I'm hooked for now. What y'all think? Thanks for your help and the forum.
We have Four Winds 23U and love it. It is 25 ft. and fills our needs well, we are usually out 3 to 12 weeks but always on the move, the longest stay for us is no more then 4 nights and usually 1 or 2. We gotta a great deal on ours because it had 1600 miles. The quality has bee excellent and we now have 19000 miles on it. If the one your looking at fits your needs go for it. Happy and Safe travels.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #4

THOR #6675
Thank you, trying to make sure my head is on straight.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #5

THOR #6675
Thanks, I think my problem is that I've never bought new in my life. And I'm old! Just trying to justify.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Bought ours one year old with 4000 miles. It now has 6200 miles and is for sale only because I need more room. No other complaints with it, just too small for us now that we plan to use it for extended trips of a few weeks or more. I'm not talking a 43' tag axle Diesel, just something around 28' - 30' with a place to sit on other than a dinette and something without that dreaded corner berth.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #7

THOR #2121
That's why I normally recommend renting before buying. While it can get expensive, buying the wrong new RV may be even more expensive.

We tried an RV with a corner bed for a week out west, and after that decided we didn't like crawling over each other to get in and out of bed. When Winnebago introduced the Travato Class B, we liked it a lot except for the rear corner bed. Had we not tried a corner bed before, we may have purchased a Travato when they first came out.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #8

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Bought ours one year old with 4000 miles. It now has 6200 miles and is for sale only because I need more room. No other complaints with it, just too small for us now that we plan to use it for extended trips of a few weeks or more. I'm not talking a 43' tag axle Diesel, just something around 28' - 30' with a place to sit on other than a dinette and something without that dreaded corner berth.
Those are the exact reasons we moved from. 22' Class C to a Vegas.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:49 AM   #9

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
We special ordered a Four Winds 26B. After shopping around we decided it having a couch and dinette made it large enough for the two of us, and with a corner queen with only one slide that could be used without putting it out, was pretty close to perfect for us. Our 33 ft triple slide was nice, but just wasn't very functional on the road traveling. We went with the Class C because of the overall height and the feel of sitting down lower to the pavement.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Before you buy go spend some time sitting in different areas of the coach and imagine what it would be like spending a couple of days there. Think about how many people will be in the coach and if you would be comfortable with them in close quarters. Let the wife stand at the kitchen area and go in the bathroom.

Buying a MH should not be an impulse purchase! Make sure whatever you choose will meet your needs.

Average markup on a MH runs 35-40% so a 25% off deal still allows the dealer to make money!

Hope you find what you want and are happy with it!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #11

THOR #6675
We're been using an 86 Toyhome for four years now. So we are going bigger. I really do hate making nook beds, but not enough to justify going over 24 foot. I started to lean towards the 22b with the small slide but then I noticed you lose 20 cubic feet of cargo space. That's a lot. Thanks for the talk.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:20 AM   #12

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Illinois
THOR #7006
Quote:
We're been using an 86 Toyhome for four years now. So we are going bigger. I really do hate making nook beds, but not enough to justify going over 24 foot. I started to lean towards the 22b with the small slide but then I noticed you lose 20 cubic feet of cargo space. That's a lot. Thanks for the talk.
It's going to normally be just me, I couldn't see crawling into bed and worse yet, making the bed with a bad back. I went with the 22b.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #13

THOR #2121
Yeah, staying around 24-feet can make a big difference, making it possible to maneuver with caution in many parking lots designed for cars, SUVs, and large pickups. When I had a 24-foot Class C I liked being able to park often in normal spots by backing in and letting the tail hang over a curb with grass on other side. I could usually find a spot along the perimeter of a lot at restaurants, shopping centers, etc. We never towed a car so having easy access to many places was important to us.

Also, for a single traveler or a couple who are physically on the small and thin side, a 24-foot motorhome can provide a lot of room depending on design and one's needs. For example, on this 4-minute video of a Hymer luxury Class A, they manage to fit a walk-around bed (granted with rounded corners) with a nice lounge area and sleeping for 4. It doesn't look as roomy as an Axis 24.1, and the split bath may not work for larger individuals, but for a small couple looking to tour more than stationary camping a small motorhome this size may work great. It's a lot roomier than a Class B yet can probably go just about any place the typical 24-foot van camper can fit.

https://youtu.be/xnS7WopWksk

Tags
four winds, sale