Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.4
State: New York
THOR #7688
Beeping noise

Recently had some electrical work done on my 2017 Thor Ace 29.4. (Wire had to be replaced from the land line plug to the circuit breaker box) On the drive home from the repair shop, after driving about one mile, a beeping noise began inside the RV. It was a series of six high pitched beeps. This continued for about two minutes and then stopped. Since I was driving alone on a narrow road with no shoulder, I couldn't stop the vehicle to investigate where the beeps were from. It seemed to be in the area of the switches near the entrance door. Once the beeps stopped, they did not recur during the remaining forty minute trip to my house.
Two days later I went to the gas station to fill the tank and the beeps started again after a few minutes of driving. They lasted only about one minute this time and then stopped without recurring. Called the person who serviced the vehicle and he has no idea what is causing it. (He suggested the inverter).
Anyone have thoughts on what this could be? Thanks for your help.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Have you checked smoke detector batteries lately?

other than that my crystal ball has not recharged from the last one of these type questions.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #3

THOR #7688
The beeps don't seem to be the same as from the smoke detector but I just changed the battery anyway. Thanks for the suggestion. Will have to see if that help.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Do you have levelers on your coach? If so, it could be the Alarm for the Levelers either indicating there is a low voltage condition or the system thinks the jacks are extended when you start the coach.

I picked up my Outlaw 29H coach from a dealer a couple years ago after it was there most of the winter for warranty work. When I started it up I would get the beeping alarm from the Leveler Control Pad. The guy at the dealership claimed it was because the house batteries needed charged. I did know there was a Low Voltage warning so I didn't think much of it and the Alarm eventually stopped.

When I got home.... 6 hours later... I found the house batteries were charged and the Leveler Control Pad was giving me a Low Voltage Error. After an hour of troubleshooting I found the 100A breaker was tripped that provided power to the generator and Levelers. Once I reset the breaker and started the coach, the alarm sounded again. This time when I looked at the Control Pad it said Levelers Extended (even though they were retracted) and the pump would just keep running until it tripped the breaker again.

To make a long story short, I found a faulty pressure sensor in the pump control housing that made the pump think the pressure was not high enough to have the jacks fully retracted. It would keep running until it tripped the breaker and the alarm would then stop as well.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #5

THOR #7688
I do have levelers on my rig and I considered that might be the problem. I stopped and checked the levelers when I was able to pull over on the way home and they were all in the full retracted position. I also checked the key pad for the levelers and saw no indication of a problem. However I did not try to lower the jacks when I got home which I should probably try now.
Where would the beeping come from if it is due to the jack system? The noise I heard was not coming from the area of the jack controls.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
It should come from the vincinity of the Control Pad. Sometimes sounds can be deceiving as to where they originate.... but it might not be your Levelers then.

What about your Inverter? An Inverter can have an alarm when there is an error condition... but in my experience Inverter alarms are not very loud.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:14 PM   #7

THOR #7688
It did seem to come from the area of the inverter. Plan to take my wife with me for a drive so she can try to pinpoint the location should it happen again. Perhaps I will be lucky and it will be the smoke detector which now has new batteries. Will let you know if the noise has stopped next time we go out with the vehicle. Appreciate your suggestions!
Old 05-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Could also be the CO/LPG detector nearing its end of life.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:18 PM   #9

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #30554
Beeping noise

On my last two camping trips I also started getting the six consecutive beeping sounds. Six beeps than a pause of about 2 minutes then six more beeps. This occurred after about two hours of driving. Upon arriving at the campground found that both levelers and generator would not operate. Waited about 15 minutes and both levelers and generator stated working.
It would seem that this is a heat related issue as once everything cools down some I have no problems with either system.
Anyone else experience this issue and if so what was the cause and fix?
Old 08-17-2023, 06:26 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgadget View Post
On my last two camping trips I also started getting the six consecutive beeping sounds. Six beeps than a pause of about 2 minutes then six more beeps. This occurred after about two hours of driving. Upon arriving at the campground found that both levelers and generator would not operate. Waited about 15 minutes and both levelers and generator stated working.
It would seem that this is a heat related issue as once everything cools down some I have no problems with either system.
Anyone else experience this issue and if so what was the cause and fix?
And this is happening on what Year/Make/Model RV?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 12:18 AM   #11

Model: 2021 Vegs 24.1
State: California
THOR #22619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgoldberg View Post
On the drive home from the repair shop, after driving about one mile, a beeping noise began inside the RV. It was a series of six high pitched beeps. This continued for about two minutes and then stopped.
Anyone have thoughts on what this could be? Thanks for your help.
We had a similar issue. The beeping would come and go. I found the alert device buried under the cabinet floor beneath the sink. I couldn't determine what it connected to so emailed a picture of the unit and the tag to Thor. They finally let me know it was for the jacks. I was able to track down a bad switch on one of the jacks and the problem was resolved. good luck
Old 08-19-2023, 02:43 AM   #12

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #30554
Beeping noise

My coach is a 2013 ACE 30.1, 18000 lb.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:31 PM   #13

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726