Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 12:03 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #4306
Cool BEST RV Insurance COMPANIES?!

I have Proressive for 18 years. Now I'm buying a 2015 Axis 24.1 and thru my agent I'm getting several "funny math" quotes.
Any feed back on BEST Ins. Companies?

Old 05-21-2016, 01:09 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
I also have Progressive, I called around and they were the cheapest including full purchase price reimbursement. $450/yr. I dont have an agent though I went through their web site.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:28 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
That seems very cheap, I do not think you could insure a cheap car with collision only for that price.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:40 AM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
timely thread
My premiums from National General are coming due, with a hefty increase so I started shopping
So far I can't get a qte form Progressive in my state, but I'm getting the best qte from Allied through FMCA, and close from Geico
I'm thinking National has lost their 'mind'
Old 05-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Allstate tried doubling my premiums on my Auto policy this month because I bought the Lincoln MKZ. Not only did I get hit for the new car, the premiums on my 2008 Fusion increased by 25 percent.

My youngest daughter directed me to her independent agent and we were able to get 2 cars and the RV insured at better coverage limits for less than Allstate was charging for the RV alone. The new policies even include 0 deductible glass replacement even on the RV. The new company is Donegal who only sells through independent agents and not online.

I had progressive for a number of years on my Class C and then one year, for no reason, they upped the premiums by 500 a year.

IMO, loyalty to a brand or service only extends to the first attempted rip-off. The new policies go into effect on Tuesday.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
My car and truck insurance are both higher than the RV. It may help I live in a rural area and I keep the RV at my house. I have Allstate for everything else and it seemed they did not want my RV because they wanted over $600/yr even with the multi policy discount.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
The price of insurance is very important but how an insurance company pays out when you need them is equally important. We lost everything in a tornado, house, 2 cars, boat and all contents. We had a check for $25000 the next day and a hotel room to live in. We where one of 800 homes the insurance horror stories where unbelievable. We recovered everything without question. So keep that in mind and hopefully you never have a claim.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #8

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I'm thinkinhg these companies try to sneak a huge increase in by folks after a couple years, hoping we're either to distracted to notice or too busy to chase it.

I'm sure I've been stung by these tactics over the years.... but there's something about a 20% to 25% increase that caught my eye on my rv policy this year....