Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Sprinter
State: Utah
THOR #10500
What is level?

Hey folks, I have wondered what is level in a motor home? I first leveled to the countertop, but the stove was not level. So now I level to the stove top since cooking is where I notice being level is the most important. My stove does not seem to be level with other part of the rv, but other parts not being level doesn’t seem to bother us.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #22

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
I level to the floor. We did check the stove and it was close. What we really wanted to make sure was level is the refrigerator and it was. For us the refrigerator is more important than the stove.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #23

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pholden44 View Post
Hey folks, I have wondered what is level in a motor home? I first leveled to the countertop, but the stove was not level. So now I level to the stove top since cooking is where I notice being level is the most important. My stove does not seem to be level with other part of the rv, but other parts not being level doesn’t seem to bother us.
We level for the refrigerator.
TerryJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:52 AM   #24
Ron

Model: Hurricane 31D
State: California
THOR #1675
I installed the Equalizer leveler system on our Thor and it works perfectly every time in automatic mode. I’ve never had to manually adjust it. Just push the button and go about my business. . . The levers take care of the leveling. BTW, the fridge is the pickiest about being level. Find something in the coach that is level with the fridge and use it with your phone level app. On our coach, the kitchen counter is parallel with the fridge coils so I put my level on the kitchen counter.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #25

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maynards View Post
We have the Auto system on our 25.2, it's fast, consistent and accurate. My wife and I love it. So far we've used it on a lot of different terrain, all with good results. There are the occasional times where you still have to place blocks under one or two of the legs. The system tells you where to put them. We've been using it for two years now. No complaints...

We have to agree, we love our BigFoot so glad we had the dealer send this down to Pigeon and get it installed before we bought!
We do have the auto-level system and glad we bought the upgrade.

Always throw the plastic blocks underneath the pads to help reduce sinking into the ground and protect the camp sites. Not a big deal adds two minutes to set up time.

PS) BigFoot's customer service is top notch!
Old 06-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #26

Model: Axis 25.1
THOR #2792
Finally Got the Bigfoot Platinum Levelers!

Yesterday we took our 2016 Axis 25.1 to the Bigfoot Levelers factory in White Pigeon, Michigan and finally got the Bigfoot Platinum Levelers factory installed! They are working great so far. We are very glad to have levelers finally on our motorhome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot Platinum Levelers Installation.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	18522  
Old 06-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #27

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
I had The Equalizer System installed on my 2018 Siesta 24 SS. One of the best investments I made. It works great and operates on the key pad or by bluetooth on my smart phone. Makes it much nicer to sleep and move around. Since the chassis is a Mercedes Benz Sprinter, the leveling system had to be a bolt on only system. No wielding allowed.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #28

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
Yesterday we took our 2016 Axis 25.1 to the Bigfoot Levelers factory in White Pigeon, Michigan and finally got the Bigfoot Platinum Levelers factory installed! They are working great so far. We are very glad to have levelers finally on our motorhome.
Glad here you like it. We have an appointment on the 11th of July to have the same installed on my Axis 25.2. We will be making the trip from Colorado. Any excuse for a road trip.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Glad to hear that you're happy with them!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #30

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
THOR #12231
Quote:
Congrats.....You will love them and wonder how you did without. Leveling with blocks can be the hardest part of setting up and RV (IMO). Some of the sites I have stayed at I had to use 20 + block to jack up 3 corners and spent 30+ minutes doing it. The your all hot and sweaty. But now its a breaze and I stay cool.

I ended up with 4 sets of lego blocks to be "prepared" for the worse. I still keep 2 set with me since I have used 10 under the jacks recently to help level the site and keep the jacks from sinking into the ground.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:43 PM   #31

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
We just returned from a month long trip from Indiana through IL, Iowa, NE, CO, NM, TX, OK, KS, and home making 9 stops total. Our Platinum system performed PERFECT every time we set up. Our sites varied from very level to front wheels in the air and from 300 ft above sea level to 9200 ft. Never a problem to get the coach level. We even road out a Kansas thunder storm at Dodge City, heavy rain, hail and 60+ mph wind gusts. With the levelers down we felt the gusts but nothing like if we had been on lego blocks. Totally pleased with the system!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:15 PM   #32

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
My plan in September. How much does it actually lift before it runs out of lift height capacity?
Old 06-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #33

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
My plan in September. How much does it actually lift before it runs out of lift height capacity?
It'll put all four into the air, but I don't have a number as to how many inches. It's pretty darned impressive, to me anyways.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:38 AM   #34

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11266
It's a great system. Had them installed on our previous rig.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:50 AM   #35

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
It'll put all four into the air, but I don't have a number as to how many inches. It's pretty darned impressive, to me anyways.
When I installed mine last year I talked to one of the guys at BF cust service guys and they recommended 6 to 7 inches of extention (13 inch long cylinders on my Platinum jacks) so to mount around 6 inches (when retracted) from the ground to allow good clearance and maximum lift.

So I bet thats what you have.

That being said I never tired to lift the rear all the way up (I dont want the RV roll down hill and damage jacks or endanger the RV or myself).

But I had the front tires off the ground a few times. I even used about 5 or 6 (3/4 inch high) blocks under each front jack to get the RV level on my driveway (but I dont recommend it - it can feel wobbly that high so I try not to do it anymore).

But I guess if you had a flat tire in the rear you could put a few block under the jacks, raise up and change the tires (I would use my 6 ton jack stands for safety).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5277.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	18568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5276.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	18569  

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 06-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #36

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Yikes
Old 06-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #37

THOR #12231
Yeah, I dont try to level the RV on my drive anymore. Too risky.

I was doing it to have my fridge level but now I just leave the RV at my storage building (level) and turn frig on to precool the night before....then load the RV on my driveway the day of leaving.

I might try to load the frig night before then park in storage building .... makes it quicker to leave when your ready.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #38

THOR #2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
That’s amazing.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #39

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
We get ours installed tomorrow at noon. Spending the night in there lot tonight. We woke up in Davenport IA this morning.
Turning it into a trip to the UP from Colorado. I am excited to get them installed.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #40

THOR #2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
We get ours installed tomorrow at noon. Spending the night in there lot tonight. We woke up in Davenport IA this morning.
Turning it into a trip to the UP from Colorado. I am excited to get them installed.
Congratulations. There is a diner and a McDonald’s within walking distance.