Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
It depends entirely on the new model year build date at the RV manufacturer. I ordered a 2015 Siesta on April 10th 2015- I was informed by the THOR factory later that month they were no longer accepting orders for the 2015 model, mine would be the first of the 2016 model year. My delivery date was June 15th of 2015, a 2016 model.
More complete explanation of split model years here: http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...Motorhomes.pdf

1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #22

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
There was a day when new model year cars were September...period. Over the years they continually one-up each other, introducing next year models much sooner. Most of the motoring industry follow what car manufacturers do. Need a quick cash boost...change the year model on assembly line and raise price. It also boost on lot inventory for dealers.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #23

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
The 2019 Audi A7 is now at dealers for sale.
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
Crazy No?!
So how are they considering the 2018 I'm looking at
Chassis July 7 2017
Coach date 12-15-17

How is this an '18?
other than what everyone has said Thor et al
Cutoff of the factory dating?
In this case seems very misleading advert
Try to look at it this way:
From a standpoint of determining Actual Cash Value: would you rather have a vehicle that is one year old, or two years old?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #25

State: England
THOR #11569
Thanks Bob for the thumbs up
And hooligan for linky
Gritz C!
Perfect
I knew there was some way of separating me from my money! That explains it

Well Bob re older
Of course I want new /same year I bought but for higher in or other parts cost no
So IDK how the spreadsheet tallies up overall but I know it is prob not in my favour
But thanks for all the explanations
I get it now but I still have an inkling this is closely related to truth in advertising
We've just been conditioned to say oh thats just the auto peeps and accept it
Old 05-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #26

State: Colorado
THOR #6792
So at the end of the day your warranty on the chassis powertrain started on the day it was taken to RV builder. And your warranty for the RV house started when it was sold to the first buyer.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 PM   #27

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Quick,

Check older threads on this Forum. There was a problem for some of us a few years ago as they started the Warranty period when the Unit was shipped to the Dealership NOT when it was sold to the first buyer.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:28 PM   #28

THOR #4735
nope, I'll have to say that the day of the owner's warranty, for ALL parts, chassis, house, everything...starts the day of ownership, period.

the chassis sitting and waiting to be 'built' into an RV is not taking away anyone's warranty period. this is all understood by the builders, whether engine, tires, chassis, rv, or appliances within the rv. They ALL start the day of ownership.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #29

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
There's actually a special and specific warranty registration form the dealer is suppose to send in to the chassis manufacturer once the unit is sold. It clearly states the actual mileage on the odometer and the date the chassis (thus, completed unit) was delivered to the end user. Those miles are tacked onto your factory warranty for the chassis manufacturer and the start date for "time/months" starts then as well. If you didn't get a copy of it, ask your dealer for a copy. If they don't have it, won't furnish it to you or didn't submit it...contract the manufacturer's Customer Service and Thor immediately. You have your Buyer's Order as Proof of Purchase Date.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #30

THOR #2142
Gritz,

That was what I was trying to remember, it had a weird number like Form 900. There was a rather involved thread back in May or June of 2015 on this topic as our RV had the problem and the dates had to be changed.
I will have to go thru my files at home this evening if I cannot find the thread between patients today.

Doc

Old 05-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #31

THOR #2142
Quick,

Look on this forum and get a copy of Ed's Vegas Manual. I am not sure where maybe Chance or one of the other senior members can chime in on that location.
The manual will answer many questions from the front bumper to the rear hitch and everything in between on the Vegas models (primarily the 24.1).
With that said having the correct warranty date is important for all units so...if you look on page 39 in the manual you will see info on being sure there is the correct warranty date on your unit. There is also a process discussed in appendix 2 of his manual to adjust the Ford warranty date. You submit a Ford Warranty Adjustment Form FCS-900. All the details are in the Appendix 2.

Doc

Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 AM   #32

State: England
THOR #11569
Great doc and others
I never gave the warranty stuff a thought
PS I haven't gotten that far in the Bible but it is great
Old 05-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #33

THOR #2142
Summerwind,

You are welcome. Over the past three years this forum has been a wealth of information, ideas, warnings and fixes for our RV and RV living. Glad to be able to share and appreciate all the others who also share on this forum.

Doc

Old 05-17-2018, 09:08 PM   #34

Model: ACE 30.4
THOR #11670
2018 in 2017

We sold our 2005 C-Class Four Winds and bought a new 2018 30.4 ACE. Ironically we bought the ACE April 20, 2017 and the chassis was dated Feb 2017. So both the chassis and coach were manufactured/dated in the first 4 months of 2017 but it is a 2018. We took an Alaska trip beginning May 19, 2017, returned to Florida 102 days later. Then in October we drove to the factory warranty section in Wakarusa, IN for a page of issues to be addressed.

By the time 2018 rolled around we had over 15,000 miles on the 2018 Thor.