Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
I found the switch for our Hurricane online-Don't remember the site but price was not bad. I added a switch so I can turn off my GPS and toad brake controller without unplugging them.

brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:00 AM   #22

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Arkansas
THOR #4438
Rocker switches

Go online to Rocker Switch Pros
They have every kind of rocker switch you can imagine.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaasmund View Post
Go online to Rocker Switch Pros
They have every kind of rocker switch you can imagine.
Rocker switch pros are a great place to buy custom switch actuators, but they don't have the type of Carling switch used in the Vegas. The Vegas uses L-Series Carling switches. Here's the pdf that shows those, they're exactly what is in our '18 27.7.

http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/def...ls_%26_COS.pdf

I'm in the process of replacing all of the stock switches with Contura V etched switches with custom labels. I bought them off of Rocker Switch Pros but that company is also New Wire Marine. If your motorhome has the L Series switches, you'll have to pull the terminals out of the connector block and plug them in separately on the new switches. Not a big deal at all.

BTW, you can't "burn out" an LED light by hooking it up backwards, it simply won't light up. Take those switches apart and make sure the little springs are contacting the little wires that go to the LED's.

Also, as with most anything online these days, first find the part number on any site or any way you can. Then google search under that part number and most likely Amazon will have it. The part numbers of the Carling switches are printed on the back of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180421_152955.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	10246  
Old 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
GM,

Thanks for the site and name of the switch.

You have a 27.7? I don't want to hijack this posting, please send me a private message as I have questions about the 27.7.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #25

THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
GM,

Thanks for the site and name of the switch.

You have a 27.7? I don't want to hijack this posting, please send me a private message as I have questions about the 27.7.

DocMike
Haha I saw the other thread about the front suspension on the 27.7 and saw people wanted to see one. Ask away over there or in a new thread, I like being online more than PM's, that way everyone can learn.

And yeah, we love the 27.7 so far, but I've been working on it more than using it. (By choice, not totally out of necessity although like we all know the assembly quality is abhorrent.) Once I get it all dialed in the way we want it, we'll be using the cr@p out of it and I'll have more actual use feedback.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
GM,

I understand. I started that other thread on the New Front Suspension Thread because I read it in an ad. Again, don't want to hijack this thread so I will post my questions about the 27.7 on the Suspension Thread.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #27

THOR #10907
Here's an example of the wiring diagram for the Contura V switches (which are more common to buy online). You can find these on the New Wire Marine site or on Carling's site directly. That way you'll know which wires go on which terminals.

Rocker Switches | carlingtech.com
Old 05-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #28

THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
GM,

I understand. I started that other thread on the New Front Suspension Thread because I read it in an ad. Again, don't want to hijack this thread so I will post my questions about the 27.7 on the Suspension Thread.

DocMike
No prob. Maybe you can start a thread specifically about the 27.7 to see if there's others out there with one that can also share.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #29

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
Thor solved that problem on ours, switches are not lighted, in fact a lot of them are not even marked.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #30

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Arkansas
THOR #4438
Rocker switches

I replaced a couple burned out dash switches (Tuscany light and generator light) on my 2016 Tuscany XTE 36 MQ, from https://rockerswitchpros.com/custom-...over-actuator/
Not led, but inexpensive and easy to replace.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #31

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Take 1 of your switches out and look at the back where they plug in, and go to mill supply.com and you can buy just the switch without the rocker part a lot cheaper and put your rocker on the new switch.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:45 AM   #32

Model: Tuscany 34ST
State: Florida
THOR #28130
Source for switches

Found these guys, switches are super cheap. They have quite a catalog of RV bits. https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product-c...itches-bezels/
Old 01-05-2023, 12:18 AM   #33

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Yep same issue with our 2014 Tuscany, you can get led switches on Amazon but there not labeled, but the Tuscany line is on a freightliner chassis so you can get them at a freightliner dealer and being careful you can change to switch rocker to a new switch, some gm trucks also use the same switch.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:23 PM   #34

Model: Tuscany 34ST
State: Florida
THOR #28130
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Yep same issue with our 2014 Tuscany, you can get led switches on Amazon but the Tuscany line is on a freightliner chassis so you can get them at a freightliner dealer and being careful you can change to switch rocker to a new switch, some gm trucks also use the same switch.
Have a link on Amazon? Are these the switches next to the entry door? If so, those were installed by Thor, not Freightliner.
TurboDave is offline   Reply With Quote