Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 01:34 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #12610
cw service

My experience about same . I had great luck with parts people. I had a bad propane hose,they sent hose but it wouldn't fit. some research and I found they never installed the type of hose I found. Someone needed a hose and plumbed their old hose in my RV before i bought it. The manufacturer said hose was at least 12 years old and didn't belong on road veh. It was cracked and filled camper on lower level with propane. I bought unit with low battery. They said it just needed to be driven. I got tired of it being dead every 5 days or so. I took it back to get a new battery and they would not replace it free,claimed not warrantied and they wanted to charge to get to it and a lot for a new battery. Took it elsewhere to get it replaced much cheaper and they got me credit from batt manuf.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Quebec
THOR #2688
There is no CW dealers in Canada. The only time I did business with them was in Las Vegas for an oil change.

I bought it from a local dealer, from my experience they are all aiming seriously for your wallet.

After my 1 yr. warranty expired I found a shop that had good refernce and I am happy with them, parts are about half the price as the dealer in most cases.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #23

Model: Aria
State: Texas
THOR #12324
"Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced" <br>

If you think your worst is worse than my worst, check out Camping World of Katy, Texas.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Ooh: Gets out popcorn! LOL
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:02 AM   #25

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
Make mine with extra butter and salt!
Old 08-13-2018, 02:21 AM   #26

Model: Venetian M37
State: Texas
THOR #10920
Let’s see here.... CW and Thor do a bad job, you do the work, they get paid
Old 08-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #27

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
This tread was about "Good Surprises" not "Bad" = AKA "Normal" lol).

Lets hear about some good ones like mine. We have enough bad treads already.

Sure they should install my stuff under warrantee but I rather do it on my own most of the time. CW take too darn long for me.

Its easy to bash CW but they must be doing something right with all the locations.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
I agree... all of the bashing; just sort of ruins my appetite!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #29

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
And...why is it when a subject of service or warranty work comes up...everything is about CW??? Don't people know there are more independent dealers than there is CW locations??
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #30

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
This tread was about "Good Surprises" not "Bad" = AKA "Normal" lol).

Lets hear about some good ones like mine. We have enough bad treads already.

Sure they should install my stuff under warrantee but I rather do it on my own most of the time. CW take too darn long for me.

Its easy to bash CW but they must be doing something right with all the locations.
When they send me the $500 Card they promised and owe me perhaps I would change my mind.......not. They survive cause they have the market share not because they are good or dependable or reliable they are often your only choice. They lied to me flat out about what I was getting and never delivered, the marcus rapid response team buried the complaint and kicked me off of rv.net for bringing it up. Mark Fejfar was the contact person on the response team, he failed miserably. Camping world attempted to send me off with no plates on the rv, once we left we realized they didnt put fuel in the rv. They didnt get my title processed in time, didnt give me my second set of keys, didnt give me the spare tire I bargained for in the deal, remotes and manuals missing, charged me sales tax for Ohio where I am from and they are in Indiana and didnt pay the sales tax, I had to wait for a check from them which they made out to the BMV who wont take checks, had to wait for them to send ME a check. Screen clips missing, 2 screens were laying on couch on pdi and asked them to fix, no go still on couch and no clips to hold them in, sales person Chris Pingleton walked away and avoided us, arrived at 11am as requested and didnt leave till 6pm. First 30 day tag they made out was incorrect, they didnt know how to correct it, that took an hour. It just goes on from there, lied to every time I called and passed to someone else randomly. Camping world stock during a boom went from $46 december of 2017 to currently 19.67. Want to venture a guess why?
No thank you I will stick with CW sucks canal water.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #31

THOR #11130
Never write the check till everything is done. You left with them owing you everything. Why did you close the deal and drive away if so much was undone?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #32

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Never write the check till everything is done. You left with them owing you everything. Why did you close the deal and drive away if so much was undone?
We were 250 miles from home and promises it would be taken care of . I ending up getting everything except the spare tire which was suppose to be the $500 gift card. Their reasoning was the salesperson didnt have the authority to promise something that didnt come with the coach. Lesson learned and never going back.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #33

THOR #11130
Very similar experience with lots of people. RV salespeople for the most part are just training for a career in the "Buy Here, Pay Here" used car business.

For those reading this that have yet to purchase....get EVERYTHING in writing before closing the deal and don't close the deal until EVERYTHING is done. When you threaten to walk...it snatches a little string attached to every one of their billfolds and most of them live week to week. They will run like rats to make it right.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #34

State: Minnesota
THOR #6628
CW World

We learned early on (unfortunately not early enough) that CW was HORRID for service work. My husband is legally blind so I am the only driver in our household. We live 2 hours from the nearest CW. It is not easy to get your friends to make a 4 hour drive so that you can drop off your RV for repair
I took a vacation day to sit all day in their waiting room so that I could get work from the original walk-through list done. They wanted to replace the sink because it had a few minor scratches in (which we never even noticed). When they put the new sink it the caulk job was horrendous - it had finger marks in it and was spread ALL over the counter! Now I just do the repairs myself. I only wish we hadn't paid for the extended warranty
Old 08-15-2018, 10:37 AM   #35

Model: ACE 30.1
THOR #12720
C.W. in Valdosta, Ga. has been very good to work with and even though it is 90 miles away and the C.W. in midway is much closer I continue to use Valdosta. My experience with Midway C.W. has not been good. Valdosta has been Great!
Bought a 2014 Thor Ace 30.1 with 18000 miles and also bought extended warranty.
So far so good.��
Old 08-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #36

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusbus View Post
C.W. in Valdosta, Ga. has been very good to work with and even though it is 90 miles away and the C.W. in midway is much closer I continue to use Valdosta. My experience with Midway C.W. has not been good. Valdosta has been Great!
Bought a 2014 Thor Ace 30.1 with 18000 miles and also bought extended warranty.
So far so good.��
Thats great. Im glad you also had a posative experiance with CW. I have had mixed results but over all I would still use CW (They are only 3 miles from my house!).

Lets hear some more positive results if we can!

I think the key is to be prepared for the worse and tell them exactly what you expect/want.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
...I have had mixed results but over all I would still use CW (They are only 3 miles from my house!)...
Ummmmmm...

Did you know statistics have shown that most accidents occur within three miles of your home?

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #38

THOR #12231
Thanks for reminding me. Thats way I set the cruise control and then run to the back and hide under the bed. LOL.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote