Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #14622
TV outlet problem

Hi, I have a 2014 Thor Outlaw 37LS. The TV outlets work fine off of the inverter, but I can't get them to work off of 30 amp shore power. All other outlets work off of 30 amp shore power. I have checked fuses, breaker, and GCFIs...they are all ok. Any ideas?

Old 03-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #2

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbrockert View Post
Hi, I have a 2014 Thor Outlaw 37LS. The TV outlets work fine off of the inverter, but I can't get them to work off of 30 amp shore power. All other outlets work off of 30 amp shore power. I have checked fuses, breaker, and GCFIs...they are all ok. Any ideas?
there's a transfer switch on the romex that see power from shore..or battery ...might be bad... it's susposed to switch over when it see's power from gen or shore, then back to battery when un plugged...usually right behind where the breakers are
Old 03-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
The inverter will usually have an inline RELAY, which senses 120v power from Shore or the Generator, then simply 'passes thru' this power to the breakers/circuits that are normally powered by the Inverter.

It initially sounds like this relay is not switching over, or not 'sensing' the 120v power from the Shore or Gen - which makes me believe that either the relay is not acting correctly, OR your 'INVERTER/Charger' breaker is tripped(giving no ability for 120v power to/thru the Charger and Inverter).

Do you have a Magnum ME2012 inverter and similar ME-RC remote panel?

Is your House Batteries holding a charge, or being CHARGED when you are on shore power or the generator? The levels should show about 13.5 or higher if under the Charger's output while on shore or generator.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:41 AM   #4

State: California
THOR #14622
Hey guys, thanks for troubleshooting advice. Was raining last night so didn't get chance to look behind inverter for breaker. Decided to pull the drawer out next to breaker panel today and what did I find? The damn thing was unplugged from coach! Previous owner left it unplugged for some reason. Everything working now

Tags
inverter, tv outlets