Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #41
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
I figured it was only for input, but would have been nice to have had an HDMI output.

Doc
Yes...I presumed the signal went both directions.
I visited the Axis a few minutes ago...I didn't get far enough to give it a try...with the stationary mounting of the tv above the door...there is no way to access the ports without removing the tv from the bracket...so could not access an hdmi port ....

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,

You should have an HDMI cable just sitting up on the top shelf of the cabnet over the sink. It leads to the TV over the door. You can get extension HDMI cables to allow access within the living area. You can get an HDMI powered splitter and (with some effort, as I reported elsewhere this Forum) run a second HDMI extension to the outside TV. If you hook the HDMI splitter up to a DVD or BlueRay Player you can run the movie inside and/or ouside.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #43
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kay,

You should have an HDMI cable just sitting up on the top shelf of the cabnet over the sink. It leads to the TV over the door. You can get extension HDMI cables to allow access within the living area. You can get an HDMI powered splitter and (with some effort, as I reported elsewhere this Forum) run a second HDMI extension to the outside TV. If you hook the HDMI splitter up to a DVD or BlueRay Player you can run the movie inside and/or ouside.

Doc
Yes...the cable on the top shelf is there...we have used it, in checking out the rv...the outside power and hdmi also work...and bedroom hookup ...
we have used splitters in other applications...so, yes that should work if needed. We have not had an outside tv in our other units...not sure how much we will use it...a new adventure in rving !!
We appreciate the feedback !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #44
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb
Yes...I presumed the signal went both directions.
I visited the Axis a few minutes ago...I didn't get far enough to give it a try...with the stationary mounting of the tv above the door...there is no way to access the ports without removing the tv from the bracket...so could not access an hdmi port ....
On our Axis the trim piece below the TV is only held on with the drawer latches--just give it a yank and you have access to the back of the TV.

I'm not sure if the molding is the same on the units with the larger TV.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:03 PM   #45
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
On our Axis the trim piece below the TV is only held on with the drawer latches--just give it a yank and you have access to the back of the TV.

I'm not sure if the molding is the same on the units with the larger TV.
Thank you Jamie ! I think I will leave it alone for now ! Ha ! move on to some other project !!

How much snow do you have ? This is crazy weather !! We are soooo ready to get on the road !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-17-2016, 11:19 PM   #46
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb
How much snow do you have ? This is crazy weather !! We are soooo ready to get on the road !
We barely got a few flakes. About 15 miles North of us they woke up to about 1/8" of accumulation.

Was 70 degrees here today...getting warmer
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #47
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
We barely got a few flakes. About 15 miles North of us they woke up to about 1/8" of accumulation.

Was 70 degrees here today...getting warmer
Good to hear...I saw on news this am snow in Michigan...and, of course,
wondered if it hit you.

Happy camping !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #48

Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Washington
THOR #3419
I ended up buying a separate color monitor for $25 and connected the back camera to it since it was very annoying not to be able to change the radio setting or volume when it was on backup camera mode. Now I have the rear view camera on all the time and the radio is fully functional.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #49

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I checked with my Pioneer. It does allow me to change volume while the back camera is on.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #50

Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1212
Sounds like a good idea where did you get the color monitor, what brand is it, thanks much.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:35 PM   #51

THOR #3419
I am at work and I don't know the brand. It is 4.3". You can even get 7" if you want. That was too big for my taste. Axxera screen is 4-5 inches. I got it from amazon. They have tons of them.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #52

THOR #1212
Radio Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDWRK View Post
I am at work and I don't know the brand. It is 4.3". You can even get 7" if you want. That was too big for my taste. Axxera screen is 4-5 inches. I got it from amazon. They have tons of them.

Hey thanks much, I'll check it out.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #53

THOR #2142
HRDWRK, has the picture quality improved over the screen on the Axxerra?

Anyone, I know HRDWRK has a different RV than I do, so I am not sure if we have the same backup camera. According to my Bill of Sale's Component Serial Numbers I have a Model RVS-770: "Camera, Rear Observation System, Kit, with Rear Sony 130 Degree CCD Camera, 5??. As fate would have it the thing tore across this particular item when I removed it from the wall of the closet so some of the numbers are missing.

Before I tackle this project has anyone been able to find out information on the camera? What I found at RearviewSafety.com show that the Camera has a cable that goes to the monitor with three plugs: Video (Yellow), DC12V (no color noted) and Audio -Optional (White).

HRDWRK did you see a white RCA plug near the Yellow Video one? Once the rains let up I think I will go exploring.

Doc

Old 05-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #54

THOR #2142
Here is the Manual for the camera referenced in the above post.

rvs-770_lowres_1.pdf

Doc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rvs-770_lowres_1.pdf (225.1 KB, 136 views)

Old 05-22-2016, 01:29 AM   #55

THOR #2142
Just checked under the Dash and unlike the Manual shows the Camera Cable feed from the rear Camera enters "the box" that controls all three Camera's without being split into Yellow (video), DC12V and White (Audio).

Back to the drawing board.

Doc

Old 05-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #56

THOR #3419
Quote:
HRDWRK, has the picture quality improved over the screen on the Axxerra?

Anyone, I know HRDWRK has a different RV than I do, so I am not sure if we have the same backup camera. According to my Bill of Sale's Component Serial Numbers I have a Model RVS-770: "Camera, Rear Observation System, Kit, with Rear Sony 130 Degree CCD Camera, 5??. As fate would have it the thing tore across this particular item when I removed it from the wall of the closet so some of the numbers are missing.

Before I tackle this project has anyone been able to find out information on the camera? What I found at RearviewSafety.com show that the Camera has a cable that goes to the monitor with three plugs: Video (Yellow), DC12V (no color noted) and Audio -Optional (White).

HRDWRK did you see a white RCA plug near the Yellow Video one? Once the rains let up I think I will go exploring.

Doc
Doc: My head unit is Axxera AV614BH. The monitor I got is Generic 4.3" LCD with Resolution:480(H) x RGB x 272(V). It has two video inputs. The picture quality is the same as head unit. Yes, I saw the white RCA plug. Mine was not connected to any where. I just connected the yellow to monitor's yellow plug and then tapped to wired ignition. There was a connector in my dash that was not connected to any where. I assume it is one of the Ford factory wiring harness that has not been used in RV conversion. The connector had a ignition hot wire that I use to tap in.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #57

THOR #2142
HRDWRK,

If you look at the diagram on the manual (post #54 above) of the Camera Cable for the RVS-770 Back Up Camera the white plug should be the audio from the "Built in High Gain Microphone". Does your monitor have an audio or microphone jack? If so, you should be able to enable the backup's microphone.

Doc

Old 05-28-2016, 04:36 AM   #58

THOR #3419
I just thought to share a picture of my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor Backup Monitor.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2102  
Old 05-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #59

THOR #1212
Looks great, I had to send my radio back to Axxera, found the CD player would not work. I'll look closer at my camera set up before I install the radio.