Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2016, 08:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Washington
THOR #3419
Axxera Head Unit in class C or any other classes

Hello:

Our Chateau 28Z came with this double din head unit which has backup camera, Bluetooth and etc. I have few problem with the unit:
1- when the unit is off, everything is off! the screen is black and even the Bluetooth doesn't work? In my other auto systems, when the unit is off, it still display time or something and if it has Bluetooth, the Bluetooth is always functional. Is this setting issue or is it just a cheap unit?
2- When the system is on, the screen gets all staticky (if this is a word?!), you know it, all becomes moving multi color lines. I really don't know how else to explain it.

Anyways, We got this unit used, even though it is 2016 model. I want to see if it is just some simple miss wiring issue that I can fix it myself rather than taking it to the dealer (which is way far from us).

Thanks,

Old 01-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
On the front of the Axxerra right at the top by the CD eject button is a small pin hole which has a reset button inside. With a paper clip press the reset button and see if this will correct your issues.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

THOR #3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
On the front of the Axxerra right at the top by the CD eject button is a small pin hole which has a reset button inside. With a paper clip press the reset button and see if this will correct your issues.
I will try it.
Thanks
Old 01-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #4

THOR #3419
So, I tried to reset the head unit. I really don't know if it did it or not since when I have resetted other electronic equipment in the past, when you insert a paper clip (or similar tools) in the reset hole or button, you can feel a little springy feel that feels like you are pushing on something but this doesn't feel like that.
Anyways,these are still my questions:

1- Is the system suppose to be completely off, the screen is blank/black when the system is turned off (the engine is running)? No screen, no clock, no BT or even backup camera?
2- The unit is wired to the RV power disconnect switch. If the power is off, even with engine running or not, the unit doesn't come on. The unit will actually come on if the engine is off but when the coach power switch is on.

Thanks,
Old 01-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDWRK View Post
Anyways,these are still my questions:

1- Is the system suppose to be completely off, the screen is blank/black when the system is turned off (the engine is running)? No screen, no clock, no BT or even backup camera?
2- The unit is wired to the RV power disconnect switch. If the power is off, even with engine running or not, the unit doesn't come on. The unit will actually come on if the engine is off but when the coach power switch is on.

Thanks,
Typically the radio power comes from the coach - meaning the coach switch must be in USE position to have the radio, integrated cameras, time, etc... The reasoning behind this is
likely to use while parked - and not wanting to drain chassis battery - which at least some models don't recharge while on shore power.

With the switch in USE position - I would expect to see a time - and certainly the backup camera to work when engine running and in reverse... though I don't have the Axxera head unit myself.

What is the behavior with the coach batteries in USE position?
Old 01-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #6

THOR #3419
What is the behavior with the coach batteries in USE position?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry but I don't understand the question above? Do you mean what the head unit does when the coach battery is in use? It work if the system is on but the screen is blank if the head unit is off.