Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Question Class A comparison...Windsport vs Miramar

For all you class A lovers out there I would like INFORMED opinions. What's the difference in construction between Hurricane/Windsport and Miramar/Challenger? Is there a construction difference or is the Miramar just an upgraded and "fancier" coach.

2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
THOR #12231
I know the Mirimar rides on a 22.5 rim (vs 19.5). Most will say the larger rim/tires will give you a better ride (but harder to change your self - but most use roadside with tires this heavy).

Plus you get larger (taller) basement storage in the Miramar. I think you get better cargo doors/latches and double pane windows as well.

Im sure there are others things that the M will provide over the H / W but these are the things that stood out to me when looked at one a while back.

But I think the over "construction" is the same (but I may be wrong).

Same F53 frame and engine as H / W.

I really like the Mirimar... 8 to 10 years from now I will be looking at one of these along with a some "short" DP's if we are still big on whole RVing thing (Which I cannot imaging right now being without an RV ....but you never know).
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:03 AM   #3

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
We looked at a lot of brands with same floor plans so your looking at materials and workmanship an capacities not different floor plan,windsport lower scale but nice ,we ended up with a challenger 37fh I would say similar to Miramar,22.5 tires,262 inch wheelbase,100gal.freshwater,8000lb.tow capacity,duel pane windows. We're very happy with it 2500mi. and 7months 24/7,no problems.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11266
I get the sense Miramar/Challenger would be the way to go for full-timing if you didn't want to spring for the diesel.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:27 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
I get the sense Miramar/Challenger would be the way to go for full-timing if you didn't want to spring for the diesel.
Yep, I agree. Its either get a new (or one year old) Miramar or a two or 3 year old DP to keep the prices reasonable.

But I wonder if the DP overall quaility (inside and out) as well as furniture are a step or two above most larger Gas coaches.

Oh yeah plus you get air ride / air brakes with the DP and much quieter ride with engine in back. So thats a large step up.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote