Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Florida
THOR #13406
Coach Power

Hi All!
If this has been posted before please accept my apologies.
In August we lost coach power while running a/c and vacuum cleaner on our 2016 FourWinds.
As we have warranty took it to Camping World where they fixed it. Said there was a mini breaker behind control panel under the bed.
Low and behold lost power again. But for the life of me could not find this breaker. Called Thor yesterday they could not tell me what this breaker looks like only to check battery compartment under steps. (nope Nothing There). They did e-mail me wiring diagram. (no help)
I traced the wires from under battery compartment to rear of RV. Nothing. So back under the bed I go. I traced the red wires to this little box See pic.
there is a tiny reset button on it by the screw head. Gave it a press and now house battery is connected again.
I searched forum left and right trying to find a solution. Hope this saves someone else a lot of time and frustration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56104907307__47D2D3B0-D8E1-4F7C-91CF-6EF9BB29A868.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	13474  

EdE1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:17 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 28z
THOR #5725
Coach Power

Man I wish you would’ve posted the problem I have posted this a couple of times. I ended up doing the same thing and even my mobile RV mechanic didn’t know about it
Old 10-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi EdE1911, welcome to the forum. Question for you. You mentioned you were running A/C and a vacuum cleaner which I expect were on AC (120v) shore power and then you “lost power to the coach”. Do you mean the 120VAC was lost to the coach or all 12VDC power was lost (Coach batteries would not power the 12VDC loads when shore power was removed)? (or both 120VAC and 12VDC was lost)? The reason I ask is that the 50 Amp mini breaker you reset looks like the one that is typically installed between the coach converter (battery charger) output and the coach battery latching disconnect relay (plus some BCC (battery Control Cabinet) 12VDC circuits in some coaches) to protect those circuits. So if you actually lost 12VDC loads powered by the coach batteries, it would be interesting to know why this DC breaker tripped when your A/C and a vacuum cleaner were running on the 120VAC shore power.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 29.3
THOR #8483
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi EdE1911, welcome to the forum. Question for you. You mentioned you were running A/C and a vacuum cleaner which I expect were on AC (120v) shore power and then you “lost power to the coach”. Do you mean the 120VAC was lost to the coach or all 12VDC power was lost (Coach batteries would not power the 12VDC loads when shore power was removed)? (or both 120VAC and 12VDC was lost)? The reason I ask is that the 50 Amp mini breaker you reset looks like the one that is typically installed between the coach converter (battery charger) output and the coach battery latching disconnect relay (plus some BCC (battery Control Cabinet) 12VDC circuits in some coaches) to protect those circuits. So if you actually lost 12VDC loads powered by the coach batteries, it would be interesting to know why this DC breaker tripped when your A/C and a vacuum cleaner were running on the 120VAC shore power.
Same type question I had. Would have to guess that there was a spike/surge on the 120v side of the converter that surged the 12v side into the mini breaker.