Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #9237
Which 'Command Center' Does the Mirmar Have?

So I'm looking at pictures and videos of the 2018 Mirmar. It obviously has the multiplex system. The only thing I can't confirm is what I am seeing in some photos. I see a large, colored screen on some and others I see the smaller, black and white multiplex command center. There is video of them showing the smaller command center, that has the digital readouts of the tank level, HVAC, lighting, etc. but I can't seem to find what the larger colored screen is on some. It seems to be about 10" and has a series of buttons on the bottom. Is this just the radio/bluetooth?

Thanks

Old 03-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Admittedly, I am a bit jealous that you have that. 2017 we still have the manual controls.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
They must have changed the firefly multiplex panels in mid 2018. I ordered a 2018 Miramar 35.3 in March of last year and it was delivered in June. It has the smaller black and white screen. We went to the Tampa RV show back in January of this year and all the Miramars had the color screens. I don't care so much about the color, but on the larger color screens all the buttons are on the screen. On the smaller black and white screen, some of the buttons are on the side of the panel and are not backlit. They are hard so see, even in the daytime. I have to turn on the hall light to see them.

Burch
Old 03-15-2018, 06:20 PM   #4

State: Virginia
THOR #9237
After doing some research, it seems that what I am seeing is an option that some dealers already have installed. You need to obviously have the multiplex system but it seems you can upgrade through the company Firefly Integrations. This company makes the multiplex systems that are in the new coaches and the big colored screen looks to be called the VegaTouch. Vegatouch

Pricing is not listed on their website but I think it would be a rather easy upgrade. Also looks like they sell backlit switches for those of you haveing issues seeing in the dark.
Products | Firefly Integrations
Old 03-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvinsux View Post
After doing some research, it seems that what I am seeing is an option that some dealers already have installed. You need to obviously have the multiplex system but it seems you can upgrade through the company Firefly Integrations. This company makes the multiplex systems that are in the new coaches and the big colored screen looks to be called the VegaTouch. Vegatouch

Pricing is not listed on their website but I think it would be a rather easy upgrade. Also looks like they sell backlit switches for those of you haveing issues seeing in the dark.
Products | Firefly Integrations
The problem with upgrading is the black and white panel is in the hallway and the new color screen won't fit in that space. On the Miramars at the RV show I saw with the color screens, the panels were installed in the kitchen area. I know the subpanels are wireless but I'm not sure about the main panel. I don't know if there is any wiring that would have to move or if the main panel is also wireless.